

So I had this post ready a week ago, but mom got sick and couldn't help me with loading pictures. I can only do so much people! I'm going to start this post with the exciting news of I am 3/4 of a year old. Yep, 9 months! Mom says to slow down with this growing old thing. But I think it is pretty cool. We celebrated the day with the usual pictures. Which apparently I am making harder and harder. Yesterday we topped it with a trip to the doctor. Amelia came along for moral support, which was good because we sat there forever...it was nice to have some distractions while we waited for them to weigh me. Seriously, couldn't I have just emailed them my stats and saved the trip? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that I didn't have to get shots this time, but it seemed pretty useless. The nurse did poke my big toe right before I left to check my iron, I guess. I just watched her do her thing...kind of gave her the look of "lady, I'm watching you and I'm not so sure I appreciate what you are doing", but I saved face and didn't cry in front of big sis. Now her on the other hand got a little teary eyed just watching. Yes, no need to wonder who is the tougher sister!
 |
| What? Am I doing something wrong? I am just trying to help out mom with her runny nose! |
Other developmental news: I weighed in at a whopping 17lbs 15 oz, which is basically on track with where I've been. 27inches long and a 16 7/8 head. They are all in the 40ish % which I guess is AOK. See my growth charts HERE. I have started getting myself back into sitting position, so mom says I will probably be crawling on my knees before long. I'm not sure that is necessary as I can move, quite fast - I must say, right now! Anyway, the first couple nights I learned this new trick, I did so in my sleep and it freaked me out. So I had to wait for mom or dad to come back in and calm me back down and lay me down again. This growing business sure is confusing! I will admit I have been waking up this past week too, for no apparent reason, dad is not so thrilled with this new thing. Mainly because he has been the one getting up with me, since mom is sick. I know, he keeps earning more and more points for that dad/husband of the year doesn't he? I just enjoy spending this extra cuddle time with him so much, but I will try to get better!
I have started eating about everything, you name it...I've had it. Watermelon, peanut butter, toast, etc.....I really don't turn anything down. Daddy made both Amelia and I scrambled eggs this weekend, we all ate them on the deck in the morning. And yes, even Amelia liked them. Dad gave me a little chicken last night, that I thought best to store in my cheeks for later in the night. I guess he didn't agree because once he found it he took my late night snack out. Darn!
 |
check out the new goggles mom got me!!
Can't wait to try them out.
For now I use them as driving goggles. |

Not too much new on my side. I'm finally feeling good, so I am making it to school again. I like school, especially days like yesterday when we get to play in the water. Miss Diane says next week we will do the slip and slide. Which I love! Speaking of water, we had a water filled weekend. Saturday we made our first trip to the city pools and got a season pass! Yay! It was not without drama though as we had to walk to a different building and then they wouldn't believe we were OP residents, by the time they took our pictures I will just say that I wasn't in the most chipper mood. Apparently, this is the same card I use forever. So dad thinks it is pretty funny that I will have to show that to all my teenage friends years from now. Although, by then I will be hanging at the Club pool....so got you dad! Anyway, we had a good time at the pool. I tried out a life jacket for the first time, that made floating WAY easier. Heidi had a lot of fun too, she loved chasing me all around. It was a bit difficult because there were a LOT of people there, but we made the best of it.
 |
| What do they think they are doing? It is so dirty over there. |


Sunday, after church guess who showed up just in time for lunch? Papa McLain! He made a pit stop here on his way to Indiana. We ate some turkey burgers and then watched a video that dad brought that showed pictures of mommy little like Heidi. That must have been a LONG time ago! I couldn't make it through it all as it was time for our naps. So papa helped dad take down some branches that were hanging from last week's storms. When I woke up from nap they looked so hot out there, we decided to pull out the slip n'slide and show papa our moves. Dad even joined in the fun! I don't know how much fun that really was for papa, so mom said we should take him to a Royals game next time! You know, I'm good with that. Anyway, after getting cleaned up, we went out for dinner to have some Mexican. Well I had lots and lots of chips and chicken fingers. Dinner of champions, right? Unfortunately, it was a quick visit from papa as he took off Monday morning when we all headed off to school and work. Where does daddy work you ask? I know....he works at Choo Choo TRANE. His work sounds way cooler than mom's....although I do like phones too.
 |
| fun playing with the box! |
 |
| I'm King of the World!! |
We have been laying low this week, as it has been really HOT, and mom is battling a sinus infection. Makes sense right? I hear relief is coming this weekend though! Just in time for this 4th of July holiday I hear about. LOTS of plans for next few days.... Amelia OUT!
I am waving to you right now, yes....I have started waving bye-bye. People seem to think that it is cute, so I happily oblige.
 |
Our friends Evan and Zach told us at church they were going to have a picnic at some cool park. I thought that was a great
idea. I had to suffice with having mine in our backyard watching the golfers. And then getting to play in my "new" sandbox. Which I love. But I do still prefer to sit on the edge. Too dirty.... GROSS. (Yes, that is my favorite word as
of late!)
 |
 |
| flying with dad |
No comments:
Post a Comment