Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Up Up and Away!


flying real high
I am going to have to let the pictures guide me through this time as I feel like I have some short term memory problem.  I can't even tell you what I had for lunch today let alone give you updates for the past few weeks.  Here goes nothing...


apparently this is why dad
doesn't touch me after going
down slides.  Electricity!!
Weather has been crazy nice.  I keep hearing mom groan about how why wasn't it this nice when Heidi was in her tummy.  Oh boo hoo.  Anyway, we have enjoyed it with some visits to the park, swinging, swimming pool, and even a Royals game this past weekend.  You all know my love for the Royals (ahem....corn dogs)  Yeah, Mr. Glass, perhaps she should give me some season tickets because the Royals are undefeated when I go.  Dad says he will take me to the play off game if it comes to that (false hope?). 
I spied an "A" & "H" outside the Hall of Fame when trying to find some shade, so we took some pictures.  It may not look like Heidi is having fun, but she was quite the ham making goo goo eyes at anyone we sat in front of.  I can't tell you how many times I heard how cute she is.  These one girls missed a whole inning because they were playing with her.  (yes, we sat in multiple seats - we didn't actually go up to the nosebleeds where our seats were!)

Talk about one huge balloon.  Noah's Ark!
The other super fun thing we did out in this beautiful weather was a trip to the Great American Balloon festival.  I was excited when mom told me we were going to go see some balloons, but I had NO idea.  These were huge!  We met my friends Evan, Zach, & Mason there too.  It was so much fun, we got to go in this area where there were like 10 bouncy houses.  They had this huge bouncy slide too!  Dad didn't think I would do it, but I did....and loved it!   Needless to say, we all worked up a sweat and appetite.  So we went and got some food and watched as they blew up the big balloons full of hot air.  I think going up in it would be pretty cool, but the line was really long.  We lasted past our bedtime and almost in time for the night light where I guess they 'light' up all of the balloons.  Heidi decided she had had enough though, so we took off right before that.  I guess that wasn't such a bad deal though because we didn't have to wait to get out of there.  We were home fast enough that I coerced dad into letting me still watch a Mickey Mouse!  Maybe next year.  Thanks to Mrs. Shelley for the invite to such a fun event.  
trying out the hula hoops!
I had my first port-a-potty trip.  Stinky!



Yes, everyone is looking! 
Not so much in this one!

We have had some nice rain mixed in with this awesome weather, which has given me ample opportunity to wear my rain boots (yes, I wear them all day at school) and try out my new umbrella.  I like rain.  Perhaps I should try dancing in the rain?  Check out the videos below to see my mad skills in that area.



Heidi isn't joining my dance parties yet, but she does get around pretty good.  She now gets on her knees a bit more when crawling, but goes to the standby army crawl when she really wants to get moving.  She is happy to now give kisses.  The problem is, she comes at me with an open mouth.  The same open mouth that often results in a bite, so it is hard for me to get excited with this new display of affection.  Mom on the other hand, milks it up.  She has started on a sippy cup of water with dinner (ps. that girl can EAT), she loves it.  Now she mainly forgets to swallow and just soaks herself, but whatever floats her boat, right?

Who else has hair envy?


Love being a big sister!  Feeding Heidi and even giving her spins in my pink choo choo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment