Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Good Life

 
Hello.  Have you missed me?  No excuses other than I am enjoying summer too much to sit around and blog.  Life has been good.  We have spent some good times hanging out at the pool, playing outside.  I love the slip n' slide (not as much as me!), swinging, picking apples from our tree, going to the park.  We even had a tea party at a park (pics of those to come)!!  All fun stuff…I actually have got a bit of a tan.  That Steffen skin tone I guess.  Apparently I do not have that gene.  I, however, have started getting some spots on my face.  I guess they are called freckles.  Just like mommy.  

Some videos of our slip n'slide fun.



I love walking Nala, but sometimes she goes too fast and I fall

A few activity highlights. Dad took me to Royals game - I guess he wants to keep me on his good side.  I think he is getting annoyed that Heidi always wants/says "Mama".  I have thrown him a bone and started actually addressing him.  For some reason he doesn't always call when I say yaya??  Anyway, we had a ton of fun.  Of course I talked daddy into buying me lots of treats to eat.  I then treated him to some mean dancing.  I mean how can you not feel some "Journey"?  I appreciate the good music.  


Well let's not go too far big sis.  The main songs she sings to us are anything from Frozen (seriously, every word), Happy, Shake your booty (I particularly enjoy this one), and the Butterfly song.  I told mommy I would sing that one for her sometime, I'm sure we will share with you.  I am pretty good if I do say so.  I sing along sometimes, but still have to expand that vocabulary some more.  So now, I just dance along.  



Mommy's good friend Katie and her kids Riley/Ursula came here.  They took a plane!  I thought we were going to go on the plane too, but was later informed the trip to the airport was just to pick them up.  Boo.  I told mom I have to be 6 till I can ride a plane.  It sounded like a good number at the time.  We took them to Fritz's so we could have the train deliver our food and had lots of fun playing here at home.  We even got to play hooky the next day and go to Deanna Rose.  I think they liked it as much as we do.  When we were done their papa and nana were anxious to see them so they came and picked them up to take them to Omaha.  Even though it was short, I'm so glad I got to meet them.  I had a lot of fun with Ursula making silly faces and singing Frozen songs among the highlights!!

 
They are all about making silly faces.  I think that is FUN.
I finally fed the goat.  It was fun!  Heidi didn't agree!



Seriously…Ursula was fun!


Outside of all of that we have just been doing lots of sister bonding.  I play with Heidi a lot, sometimes she is my baby, sometimes she is my husband, or we are just my little sister that I have taught to enjoy what I do.  Yes, I may not color as good…but I love to try.  Especially if a pen is involved.  I am also pretty good at puzzles!  And tackling Amelia.  You should have seen me tonight.  I threw down some WWF moves.  I looked something like THIS.  We are fully testing that bond tonight, because we are going to try sleeping in the same bed at the hotel in Omaha.  Fun, right?  I'm not sure about sharing, we will see.  This is my first time not in a crib....yay me.  Who is taking bets?
they sang Frozen at our church, so dad was letting us watch!
With that…..Heidi OUT!

We love our Sunday visits to First Watch.  Where we see Mae D.  all the time (great minds) I'm getting good at stacking.
We love movie nights with dad.  And Popcorn!!


No comments:

Post a Comment