Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Major Catch up, Part 1



Well, well, well....looks like I haven't dropped in for an update for over 3 months. Yikes. I have no excuses. Actually I do. Life as a family of 5 is ridiculously busy...and Lena makes the idea of any free time non existent. Yep, I said it. Ok, I have heard mom and dad say it. Anyway, in an attempt to have our pictures and updates in one place I am going to do my best to give you what you want. Words may be few and far between. This one will get us through mid-May (the pictures I already had loaded), I'll try to do the rest sooner than later.



We had some pictures taken, so mom could finally finish our Christmas tree room updates with some new pictures (which STILL hasn't happened - see above note on keeping up with things!), we got a few cute ones included here. But you will notice some more of them on the blog page (in case you only look at the email) on our monthly pictures, etc. Speaking of monthly pictures....the last post had Lenas 7 month picture...I'll give you months 8 and 9 in this one and since 11 is just around the corner, you'll get 10 & 11 next. Geez. Since the last update she dropped the pacifier - basically just decided she didn't like it anymore after we got home from AZ. She became a champ at sitting up, started doing good at eating (baby food that is), says dada a lot...but no mama or anything else, and continued to cough all the time. But despite that, very happy and loves everyone and the feeling is mutual. Her 9 moth appointment was fairly uneventful. We got confirmation that she is small. Weighing in at 14.5 lbs putting her at the 3% for weight...but she was sitting at 4% for height (26")...so fairly consistent. Well, minus her big 66% noggin!

Everything. Always. In her mouth


This video just cracks me up - shows that we all learn to perm smile even at an early age.


wait for it.....




Easter came....and so did the bunny. If I remember correctly, we still had our fair share of rain this year so we didn't partake in any easter egg hunts. Except the one the bunny set up in our backyard. We got some goodies, but I kept reminding everyone that it is not about the candy, it is about Jesus! In our Royal family style, we actually celebrated Easter by going to the Royals game. It was my first game! I loved it. Lots of activity, music, and yelling...totally my thing. I continue to remind dad that they win when I go to games and that one did not disappoint. A walk off if I remember correctly.




I had my last day of Kindergarten. I know. How crazy is that? It was a fun year. I made new friends, I loved my teacher Mrs. Schulteis. Mom even came to help out at Field day toward the end of the year. And my competitive side may have come out. Dad says I need to know when to bring that out. Apparently I don't need to dive for every out and catch in backyard wiffleball or kickball. Anyway, I rocked my school year. I guess I was top of the class (so I got to participate in a water balloon toss on field day). I scored top 90% of the district in the reading/math tests. Dad says hopefully I don't peak in Kindergarten. Whatever, I have been reading this summer so I'm ready for 1st grade!
the card I made for my teacher. I may
be taller than her. 



I started school with losing a tooth, and I lost another on my last day. Still sporting a big hole. Amelia loses teeth, and I get them. I actually have 6 1/2 right now. Mom says they are cute when I smile, but not so cute when I try to sharpen my teeth on her. Especially when I eat. Yep, that isn't strawberry milk! Mom tried to trick me. OUCH. 

Everyone else gets updates, but I see no pictures for me. Seriously - this is middle child syndrome. I may not have scored top of my class, but only because they don't test us. I am told all the time how good I am at coloring/writing and I'm so well behaved. Apparently I am supposed to work on the latter at home a bit more. I am still doing gymnastics and love it. Actually I got moved up to the next class. Mom doesn't take pictures (I'll tell her to get on that), but I promise I'm doing good! That may be my fault as she has to entertain me. Well - sometimes. Turns out Maddie and Graham are there too so sometimes (when mom lets her) Maddie holds me. Wait she did do one video sis!


One day mom took the day off and took Amelia and me to the zoo while Lena was in school. It was so much fun!



One other very important update. Danielle planned a trip down to KC for her bachelorette weekend with friends (Don't you worry I will be giving you the update from her super pretty and fun wedding on the next blog), but while they were all down celebrating her with a fancy spa day and then a girls night out (that mom and dad crashed after going to Garth Brooks concert and found out that they are indeed old), they also spent some time with us. We realized that all 8 of the girl cousins were together without any boy cousins. Pretty sure that has never happened. So photo op for sure. Since both of Lena's godmothers Siera and Bailey were here we decided to get her baptized after church service. It was great we were able to all be together to make known that Lena is a child of God just like us. I know I have a job as her big sister to show her she has Jesus in her heart just like me!



Oh yeah, mom celebrated her 40th birthday. Dad surprised her with a night out with friends and they painted. Kauffman stadium at that. How was I not invited? Something about drinks and it being past my bedtime. Whatever, not cool.


I finished up basketball league, here are a few videos of me in action.
Still so much to catch up on so I'll work on loading the last 2 months and get that out sooner than later. EEk. Until then, Amelia OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment