Happy New Year! Resolutions. They say we are suppose to make them for each new year. I have heard lots of random things thrown out there from mom and dad. You know, working out more, plan meals, eat good, win the lottery, etc.....but we are going to keep ours attainable.
1. Make this my first year since blog inception to NOT decline in my # of annual posts. This just means I have to post at least 9 times. Should be doable right? Only 8 to go!

2. Go sledding as much as possible - Ok, truthfully this is not up to me. But mother nature has to give us a good snow once right?! We did go out on the chances we have got thus far (but we have yet to get 2" in last 2+ years, so snow doesn't last past one outing). Boo. 

3. Help out others - on New Years Eve we got to participate with church (and friends!) in a big food packing event where we got to pack bags and boxes full of food to go to El Salvador. Our church has now packed more than 1 million meals! We also love when we help out at church food pantry and can't wait to continue doing so this year.
4. Read more - I have got pretty good at reading, top scores in literacy testing :), and really like to do it. I like reading to daddy, Heidi & Lena - they are good listeners. I got lots of new chapter books over Christmas so am keeping busy with them all.


5. Stay out of mischief - Ok this really isn't mine, rather what I am told it should be. I'm not suppose to play with the super cool holes in the wall (something about electricity). They don't enjoy when I take every wipe out of the container or the super fun game of unrolling toilet paper rolls. Oh Lena, believe me you don't have to stay out of it. I will teach you my tricks. It's all in the sweet talk and hugs.
6. Try new things - Notice this is not Amelia's resolution. I started that out already with my 1st big hair cut. I was holding off to have Aunt Brenda cut at Christmas, but turned out she had surgery and wasn't feeling up to it so mom took us to our first 'salon' cut at a kids place. I guess that is the last time we do that. Screaming kids, crooked hair cut, for too much $ is what I heard. I thought the cars were cool, but I'm good with not going back. Anyway, I wanted to have her cut my hair to my ears, but mom thought that was a bit extreme. So I conceded to it being at my shoulders like hers. I like it!
7. Continue to create new things. We love all things crafty. And got some goodies for Christmas that helped feed that passion. We also hope to continue with our monthly trip to Home Depot with dad to create a project. This month we made calendars! As you can see by all of Heidi's buttons we have done quite a few!![]() |
| this years handprint ornaments. |

7. Keep up with my sisters - not going to lie, it hurts watching them run off and leaving me in the dust. Yeah, but not enough for you to actually get up and stand or walk! She makes a point. I have had a physical therapist coming over for a month or so now, so I have realized they mean business and I am suppose to throw them a bone. I am now pulling up to stand all the time and cruising around furniture. I also really like to walk with someone holding my hands. Hopefully that progress will keep them off my back, as I really still prefer scooting around. Luckily a few whines usually gets them to just come get me and include me in whatever they are playing. Usually school, 'mommy/baby', doctor. I LOVE playing with Amelia's new barbie house. Especially all the tiny pieces.
8. Which leads me to our last resolutions. Play a lot, smile, have fun, be nice, enjoy time with friends and family. A majority of our pictures from this time are from Christmas which was awesome. Santa came, ate some cookies, and gave us exactly what we asked for! I guess the different visits with him (although I think a couple were just his helpers), and our observant elf Angel's tips to the big guy made for a great Christmas. BTW, I really was not in to the big guy....despite what all sisters said about him. Mom and dad gave us cool things, like Unicorn pajamas that I love, or my Easy Bake Oven. And we were totally spoiled by grandparents, godparents, and cousins. So needless to say we have a lot of stuff to play with. And we are already working our best at enjoying it all! But what we loved about a great Christmas break was getting to spend time with all the people we love. All the long road trips were well worth it. We got hours of play, tons of hugs, and lots of laughs with grandmas, grandpas, godparents, aunts, uncles, and friends....all of which we hope to have even more of throughout 2018.
Love to all. Enjoy ALL the Christmas pictures below! Steffen sisters OUT!
A few pre-Christmas activities. Trip to the park, because we all know we are suppose to be able to hangout outside in the winter (I mean it was 60 today!), visit with nana and Rachelle making gingerbread house and a trip downtown.



We had a visit from Bailey & Siera. Loved seeing them - and cheering NU to a volleyball national championship!
We had fun as usual at the Ludlows annual ugly Christmas sweater party. As you can see the dads did quite good this year. Especially Stu!

Christmas Eve rocked. We love getting to go to big church with mom and dad, especially when we get to light candles and sing Silent Night at the end! We then followed with our annual tradition (3 maybe 4 years now) of dinner with Evan and Zach. Then off to home where we open presents in our Christmas pajamas. This year we even had a dance party don't be jealous of my dance moves!









Then to H-town.


![]() |
| we loved playing doctor! |
And of course we got to see my godfather BJ too! He eagerly awaits my Jack's Stack. But seeing me too of course! We love playing with Tess and Nora!! We even got to have dinner (and cake!) with them to celebrate Tanja's birthday.































No comments:
Post a Comment