Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/2011




Mom may be smiling, but I am not too happy after those shots!
So today is 1/11/11 (fun!)...that means I am almost a week past my 4 month birthday and I haven't even blogged!  What a pity.  Let me give you some updates of the past week, starting with the big day.  Last Thursday I hit the 4 month marker, which turns out only gives me another trip to the doctor.  I am beginning to get the feeling this 'doctor' is not my favorite place to go.  First they strip me down to nothing (actually I don't mind being naked), take my measurements, and then make me drink this horrible medicine and shoot me in the leg 3 times with these sharp needles.  Not my idea of a fun day.  I may try to boycot any future visits.  Here is the update on my measurements...mom has been whispering in my ear for a month to be 12lbs at 4 months, so needless to say I knew what the target was.  They layed me on the scale, I tried to puff out my belly and suck in some extra air (does air weigh anything?) only to come up a bit short of the goal.  I am 11lbs 12oz.  Ugh...what's a girl to do?  I guess I shouldn't start some precendent with always meeting mom's goals now anyway or it will be a tough road in the future.  I think she was still happy with me for getting close.  That puts me on the same track for weight...around 12-14 percentile and I am still in the 40-50percentile for height.  That's right...I am now 2 FEET long (or 24 inches for those of you without rulers).  Not too shabby.  Average height and skinny...can't complain too much!

We are doing the same pose...and about the same length!



I don't have a lot of new things to share now that I am 4 months.  I still have yet to roll over, etc...but I have consistently been sleeping ~10 hours a night for longer than I can remember.  I am happy a lot, talking to anyone who will listen, and when someone tickles me in the right spot I give some good belly laughs and squeals.  I'm sure that there is a video of that somewhere to be posted in the near future.  I love to grab on to anything around me and preferably put it in my mouth.  Usually that is some form of a toy, but often I get lucky and it is mom or dad's hair...or even better Marley.  She is so soft, I love getting a handful of her fur, ear, or tail and give it a good tug.  Sometimes she likes it better than others, I think she is Ok with it as long as I keep spitting up and letting her 'clean' it up.  Yep, we have a good system going in the house! 
Marley makes sure she gets some love!

Some other highlights of the week including seeing Stephanie again on Saturday.  She came over to pick up mom so they could go look at wedding stuff and see me of course.  She even came with a Christmas gift for me to open.  I don't know what makes me so lucky...but I'll take it.  I got 2 really great books and a super stylin' outfit that I hope I get to wear soon!  Apparently, I wasn't invited to join in their fun - so dad and I stayed back and had some bonding time.  I tried not to give him too hard of a time.

Sunday we made it to church even though the snow had started Saturday night.  Dad decided that it was time for me to go to church daycare so that they could pay full attention to the sermon and not me.  Turned out that Violet was there and trying it out for the first time too.  We told them how we held hands last time we saw each other so they thought we could play again... I on the other hand, thought it would be fun to try and grab Violet's hair.  All my regular friends from daycare are bald like me, so I have never seen someone my age with so much hair...I felt that I must check it out.  Violet may have more hair and a couple pounds on me - but my 6 weeks of age have to give me some sort of 'leg up' right???  Anyway, I don't think she minded my hair envy too much because as you can see in the pic - she was pretty tired!  After church, we relaxed at home and watched the Chiefs lose their play off game and got ready for the winter storm.  We have had the most snow I have ever seen.  Again, I understand that is not saying much - but apparently the 5+ inches is a lot to others too because they called off school and I wasn't able to go in to daycare till 9 am both yesterday and today.  Boo...  Along with the snow came Marlen.  Dad's friend for 20 years.  He and his wife Emilie live in Salt Lake City so apparently this is an extra special treat that he is here.  I like to think he came to just see me, but I'm sure he had some alterior motives.  Whatever, I'll take it.  I had a good time hanging out with him, introducing him to some real BBQ (mmm... OK Joe's) ...and showing him how good I can be.  Maybe that will entice him to have a playmate for me one day.  I'm thinking a friend in Salt Lake City could be pretty sweet...I could go visit during ski season...ahh...I best stop dreaming.   Amelia OUT!
Marlen was pretty comfy!
Watching the Chiefs with mom and Marley
I really love my exersaucer!

No comments:

Post a Comment