 |
I love playing with this toy - and putting it in my
mouth of course! |
10...9...8...7....Happy New Year! Ok, truthfully I didn't make it anywhere near this famous New Years countdown that I hear about, but that wasn't entirely my fault. New Years Eve, mom dressed me up in my new pink furry coat from Grandma & Grandpa Steffen and we made the drive down south to the Ungles' house. I was quite excited as I hadn't seen people for over a 1/3 of my life so I figured I had lots to share...but apparently partying into the New Year was not part of the master plan. You see, as soon as we got there dad started feeling real bad. I was enjoying a little bit of love from Dondi while mom got to snack on some of the treats...but it didn't last long. Dad came up to us and said "we need to go now".... I am learning that when dad says something, I better listen. So after a quick hello and goodbye to both Kellie and Patty, I got bundled back up into my car seat to head back home. It was very sad to me as I am sure the party would have been a blast. I could have played with so many people.... I digress. Dad wasn't lying, because the minute we pulled into the garage he was running around the corner and making horrible sounds. Mom told me that he was getting sick and we better go inside.
 |
Me and Kellie. Full view of my jacket!
|
 |
| Dondi was comfy! |
So basically my New Years was spent seeing dad feeling sick. I stayed up about 30 min's later than usual, but was sound asleep before the New Year hit anywhere in the United States. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the only one who didn't make it to midnight...dad was sick and mom looked pretty tired. The rest of the weekend was a lot of my usual reading, playing, talking, etc. but it was with mom one day (while dad recovered from the flu) and then with dad the next day (while mom dealt with it). This flu thing seemed to knock them out, so I am thinking I am pretty happy that it decided not to visit me.
That is all the updates I have to share, maybe next New Years will be a bit more exciting. Until then, here are some pics from the week.
 |
| I almost forgot to share one of the coolest gifts that I got last week. My cousin Bailey painted this for me!!! I love staring at it everytime I walk out of the room. Dad says that we will make some major $$ one day having one of her first works of art! |
 |
Checking out the Land of Nod catalog with mom. I guess it is only a dream
catalog though as it is a bit pricey! |
Mom was watching Dirty Dancing on New Year's so dad decided to teach me some of my first moves. He is quite the dancer, I had a blast. Especially when we did the "lift". I think I look just as good as the movie. Nobody puts this baby in the corner!!
Amelia OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment