Deck the Halls with boughs of Holly.....
 |
My ladybug pillow pet. I know it says age 3+
but who says I can't take it for a little ride? |
Man, I love that song. Now that Christmas is over does that mean we are not going to sing it anymore? What will I do? Someone better teach me another song and stat! Until then, I will pass my time by updating you all on my Christmas. I am going to warn you in advance that there were so many cute pictures taken that I have put a record number on this post.
All I can say is Wow. I traveled a total of 750 miles in the car, crazy huh? The craziest part was I only was awake 10 miles out of it. That backseat is just like the swing to me...no matter how hard I may want to stay awake...I just can't do it. Let's backtrack a bit. Mom and Dad decided last minute to pull an audible and leave Wed. night when they were done with work. I guess they thought I would do better with a 3 hour drive to Lincoln instead of the full trip to Hartington on Thursday. I really think I would be fine either way, but I didn't fight it. It meant I got to spend some unexpected time with Grandma Janice and Marley got to stay there with her and Sadie. Apparently the cold temps of Northern NE are not Marley's favorite. That and the overwhelming amounts of people. That's right.... a LOT of people. My first day there was fairly low key. I got to see Aunt Rhonda first and then a few people here and there showed up to say hi. Now the next day, Christmas Eve, was where it got interesting. I had 22 different people (cousins, uncles, aunts, etc) there and I am pretty sure every single one of them held me. I actually thought it was pretty fun and did a lot of talking to them all, and of course I flashed my pretty smile to them quite a bit. I know what they want, a smile keeps them coming back for more. : )
 |
| with my cousins Jay, Danielle, Mallorie, Siera, & Jason |
 |
| So many presents that it makes the tree look small. |
 |
| Gabby gave me this cool outfit |
Everyone was so nice to me, even Aunt Rhonda after I had a bit of a blowout incident all over her early in the day. It was a very long day.... around 6pm we finally got to grab some food so we could start the celebration. We sang a happy birthday to Jesus and I was hanging out on someones lap when all of a sudden that Santa guy showed up at grandma and grandpas house! Who would have thought! I met him a couple weeks back, I didn't know I would get to see him again all the way up North. I guess he does find you wherever you are. I took a quick picture with him, but I wanted to share him because I could tell my cousin Jay was chomping at the bit to share his Christmas list with him, just in case he hadn't got it yet. After Santa left Aunt Rhonda decided all the kids needed to play a game to see who started opening all the presents. (When I say ALL the presents...I am not kidding. I think I will post a picture of the tree so you can see. No recession here!). Anyway, I am still a bit too small to join in those festivities. They were doing some loud crazy things with balloons, kleenex boxes, and ping pong balls (ala "Minute to Win It"). I really should have taken a picture, but I was just trying to get away from all the popping sounds. I snuck away and found my Uncle Brian to sit on. One minute I was watching people open presents, the next I was in dreamland. Until mom and dad woke me up to open some presents myself. I got lots of really nice things including some super sweet outfits that I can't wait to wear (and some Broncos booties that are really warm but dad says are not to be worn) - to toys - to a really special ornament to hang on the tree. My cousin Gabby had my name so she got me a Santa dress. it was time for my bath so I headed out, but not before trying it on to show off my holiday cheer for everyone.
 |
Grandma Kay, Will, & me!
|
 |
| I fell asleep on Jack - he was so comfy |
 |
| I don't look thrilled but I love Eric! |
Christmas AM we headed back to Lincoln to spend more time with Grandma Janice. She had lots of presents for me, I really think hanging out with her and talking was enough, but who am I to turn down some super cool toys. Right now the $.50 sponge ball is probably my favorite, but I am looking forward to some of the others soon enough! When we were in Lincoln, we also got to go up and see Grandpa McLain. This was the first time I had seen him since his heart surgery, he looked really good. He even showed us his battle scars...they really look like they would hurt. Dad's thumb doesn't look so bad anymore.
 |
| Grandma Janice made me this blanket! |
 |
| Hanging out with Grandpa McLain |
We made it back home in time to enjoy some quality time together AND to play with my new toy that Santa brought. That's right...I may have seen him in Hartington, but he also made it back here to KC with a brand new exersaucer. Apparently Santa thinks I need to spend less time on my back with my activity gym and more time sitting up and playing. It is pretty sweet, but I am still a bit short for it...so dad found a pillow for me to use as a booster until I add an inch or so.
 |
| 1st Christmas as a family |
So as you can see, I had a great Christmas. I think mom and dad did too especially because amidst all the chaos, I was able to keep on my schedule for the most part. I guess that is a good thing. Speaking of schedules...almost time for my nightly 8 pm bath. Amelia OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment