Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

KC Ink

sporting some Husker colors!  GBR!

Why is it that every time I go to the doctor and get my shots, I feel icky.  I don't know if it was the shots, the traveling, the fact that my molars are coming through, the red bumps on my tummy, or if it is just being one now....but man do I feel bad.  When we got back from the weekend, my nose started to run a little and my temperature went up a bit, but everything seemed to be going okay.  Monday til Wednesday I was fine going to daycare, playing with Marley, and going on walks.  Thursday arrived and it finally hit me.  Daycare called Mom and gave her the bad news, my fever went above 100.4 degrees, which means I had to go home.  Mom had a meeting so dad came and picked me up.  I wasn't feeling that bad just a little tired, so I took a nap on  the way home, then we played for awhile.  The good news is I got to stay home with mom on Friday, so I was looking forward to that.  We had a great time taking all the toys out and spreading them throughout the house, I took some long naps to try and recoup from the fever.  Dad even came home for lunch and watched me while mom went and got a haircut, she looks gooooood!






I got a tattoo just like dad!
Friday night we laid low and I went to bed early after a long bath. Saturday Dad had to go to work again, so I thought I would give mom some trouble during parts of the day.  Even though it was Husker game day, I thought that I would let her know that I wasn't feeling the best, mom called it a tantrum, I am blaming my aching mouth and body...that and just keeping things interesting.  Dad came home so I thought i would be good and take a nap so they could watch the game on DVR.  I slept through most of it, I figure I will wait to watch the Big 10 match ups.  The nap was well worth it, because not long after I got up we had some pizza, a book, long bath then back to bed.  I slept in on Sunday until 7:30 so I would be well rested for my best friend Ava's birthday party.  Mom and dad didn't want me to go over there sick, so I did my best to act okay.  I took another nap at 9 so they could watch church on the internet.  Mom went shopping after lunch and i slept on dad while the Chiefs took another beating, not pretty.  Maybe they will be good when I get older, but I doubt it.  I convinced mom and dad to go to the party, just to get me out of the house for a while.  It was a rockin' good time, I mean that literally.  They had a rock in roll themed party.  I put a couple of tattoos on and tried my best to look cool.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay cool for long because my tats were scrubbed clean off in the bath.  Not cool at all.  I got to play with my BFF Ava on her birthday, and even got to see Violet!  No cake for me though.  Dad didn't want me bouncing off the walls, so he ate plenty for both of us, and took a piece home.  How is that diet going anyway dad?  That wasn't nice, I hope his suit fits for the wedding this weekend.  HA!
yep, we have boas!






action shot of my photo shoot
In other news we also hit up Loose Park, which is awesome.  I got to feed the ducks some peanuts.  Did you know that ducks don't like peanuts?  Oh well dad does.  We were having a great time when this lady appeared with a camera, I know what a camera is because mom is always taking pictures of me.  It was the same lady that came to our house 8 days after I was born.  She wanted to take more pictures of me.  I tried my best to smile and have fun with it, but all the changes of clothes wore me out, also it was right at my nap time, so cut me a break when the pictures come and my eyes may be a little watery...or you may see some remnants of my runny nose.  I tried i tell you..... I tried.  They said I did great...you can see for yourself, I just got a sneak peak today...I guess this means there were a few good ones in the batch.  Or she is an excellent at photo editing (http://artographybyallie.blogspot.com/ - scroll down a bit).   After all the picture fun we went home for a long nap....like 3 hours long.  We went to Costco and shopped in later in the day. Came home and I am pretty sure I threw my first temper tantrum, but I will chalk that up to not feeling quite right yet.
don't touch the cart, it is full of
germs.  Yes, I am my fathers daughter



Tonight I was surprised by a visit from Grandma McLain.  That's right he drove all the way from Lincoln for the day!  Just to see me.  Ok maybe he went to see his aunt too, but I'm sure I was the highlight.  Well, that is after I warmed up to him.  At first I wasn't so sure, my memory isn't all that great you see.  But we sat down and enjoyed a yummy dinner and then I showed him my toys...all of them.  I even let him read a few books to me.  Unfortunately he didn't stay too long, something about making it back home for some special breakfast in the morning.  I get it, I like breakfast too.  Maybe I'll see him longer next time!  Until then, Amelia OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment