Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bobbsey twins


Boy oh boy did I have some fun the past few days...I'm sure you all want to know about it asap, so here I go. I made it through the last couple days at school just fine. I have found out that my days are numbered in my current room with Miss Martha, apparently I have to 'graduate' to the Toddler room. Yeah, I guess i am no longer a 'baby'...which means. 1. When dad tells me to "stop being a baby", I can no longer tell him that I indeed AM a baby, so lay off. 2. By definition, "toddler" means one that "toddles" or is learning to walk, I wouldn't say I have been real determined on trying to learn said skill, but I suppose I will have to give in soon enough. One skill that I am enjoying right now is blowing kisses. Actually more specifically, I enjoy kissing my hand goodbye...I haven't decided that anyone is worth blowing them away to quite yet. But I am willing to give a high five to about anyone!
Ava, Will, & I on our way to the BBQ







Anyway, back to my fun. So apparently this was the weekend of Stephanie. This meant I didn't get to see mom much...but I ended up being OK with that because I barely had time to miss her amidst all of my activities. Friday, mom did pick me up early from school so we could hang out and play some and I could help her get all dressed up. Then her and dad - which both look quite good dressed up by the way, I'm totally not use to that - took me over to my BFF Ava's house. Yep, that's right, I got to hang with her and her parents all night while they went to some rehearsal dinner. I was also surprised by Will and his mom coming over too...why you ask? Well we all walked down to a big BBQ. It was great. The weather was awesome, the food (what I gave a shot at) was tasty, and the company was superb. After the BBQ, Ava and I had some more fun together and then we got to take a bath! She is a bit more rambunctious in the water than I am, but I held my own and did just fine. I went and got ready for bed and low and behold Ava came out wearing the same PJ's. How cool is that. No we are not twins (which i heard multiple times at the BBQ), but we are only 3 days apart and have the same taste. FUN! As you can see by the pics, Ava was patting me on the back to get me ready for bed....or perhaps she thought she was patting herself in the mirror...Who knows?


Saturday was another good day. I had a good morning with mom & dad and then dad and I dropped off mom downtown to go start getting ready for Steph's big wedding. I was a bit bummed that I wasn't going to get to see mom all dressed up...and more importantly Steph in her wedding dress, but mom has showed me pictures. So pretty! I can't wait till I get to do that! Anyway, after we dropped them off it was just me, dad, & Marley of course. We went on a great walk and then had an AWESOME nap together. Apparently, I was a bit too hot of a sleeper for dad's tastes - but I thoroughly enjoyed his chest for a pillow! Not long after I awoke, we had visitors! BJ & Tanja came down to play with me. Ok, they came to go celebrate Steph too, but I came with the package. I think they liked me, I liked them...I even took a step toward Tanja. As mentioned earlier, steps are few and far between...so she should feel privileged! They all got all dressed up, and looked so handsome/pretty - I must say, when dad suits up - he is quite irresistible. I was soon distracted though, because Heidi showed up!! Yeah! I wasn't too thrilled with missing out on this fun wedding, but I do love Heidi, so I guess it is a fair enough trade off. We had a blast together as always. The weather has been so amazing, so we played outside quite a bit. We ate (well I devoured) some pizza, and I even showed her how much fun I have in the bath. All the fun wore me out so I zonked out a bit early...and didn't even wake up when everyone got back from the wedding. I hear it was quite late (or early).

Ready for breakfast with BJ & Tanja
Everyone looked pretty miserable the next morning when I woke up at the usual time. Come on, I slept for 12 hours - I was ready to go...but I didn't sense the same enthusiasm. Especially from dad. I kept hearing him say that "this isn't worth it" and "never again." Anyway, I did talk them all into going up the street to First Watch for some good grub before the Noeckers had to leave to go back to Lincoln. I had some super good french toast. Man, I love bread! I could tell that no one was going to make it much longer though, so I went back home and took a nice LONG nap. Needless to say, I wasn't alone. After we woke up, mom was feeling guilty about staying inside on such a beautiful day so we headed to the park to feed the ducks again. I LOVE watching them. I'm pretty sure I could stay there all day. But alas, my walking zombie parents just couldn't take it any longer so we headed home for a quiet rest of the evening.


All in all....I had a super fun weekend. I plan on enjoying more of this nice weather the rest of the week. I think I love the fall! Amelia OUT!


Here is a shout out to Mrs. Graham.  Wasn't she beautiful?


And proof of dad lookin' GOOD in his suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment