 |
| Telling Miss Martha that I'm going nowhere! |
 |
| Miss Sharina |
I feel like it has been forever since my last post, I'm sorry. Times fly when you are having fun, I guess. Although after my last post, I can't say I exactly was 'having fun'. I'll rewind. I left off with my intent of enjoying this beautiful fall weather for the rest of the week. Well, plans changed a bit the next day. The day started off just normal at school, I came home, enjoyed dinner and went on our family walk. During bath I noticed something just didn't seem right, so I called it short and attempted to drink some milk before heading to bed. It just didn't taste good. About 5 minutes after laying down to sleep, it all hit me and boom came everything. Dad was shocked that I actually vomited not on him for once, but instead it was all over myself, my bed, etc. Luckilly mom & dad got me out of the mess and in for a 2nd bath asap. I think I heard both mom & dad gagging during the clean up process. I guess MacN'Cheese and hot dog chunks don't smell so good. (Luckilly I don't really have a sense of smell yet. As a matter of fact, I have since enjoyed the very same meal at school!). Anyway, I got all cleaned up and not much later, did the exact same thing. But this time I did get dad....and this continued on for a couple of hours. Mom called Ava's mommy (she's a doc) to find out what we should do..and low and behold Ava started up a couple hours after me! Obviously mom and I had a sick day at home together on Thursday. I was lucky that it was only a 24 hour virus for me, unfortunately my BFF was sick for 5 days! She is lucky she has a mom who knows what to do. Pretty sure my parents would have gone crazy if I was sick for that long. I went back to school on Friday and it turned out it was just me and one of the babies. There was only 1 kid in my entire room that made it through unscathed. Dad says I should hang out with that guy more often. Unfortunately, that will not be happening though...as today was my final day in that room. I know it is time to be a big girl...but I'm not real thrilled to be back to the smallest girl on the block. I will not dwell....




Back to some highlights....once I was feeling better last week, we got back out and about. Saturday we first went to Runza for lunch to get ready for the big Husker game. I must say, I LOVE Runza's. After that we went to a fall festival. Yep, a nursery by us had tons of stuff going on. A band (which I found loud), face painting (which I opted out of), balloons (which wasn't tied around me tight enough and flew off to the sky), a maze of hay (pretty sweet), pumpkin decorating (I have some crafty skills, wonder who I got that from?!), and a petting zoo! I loved the chickens and ducks, I think dad was a bit scared of the llama and pony, but I thought they were OK. Not cool enough to actually want to touch them though, they looked dirty. (Yes, I am my father's daughter). After all that fun, I was ready for a nap. We had some Minsky's pizza for dinner, as the owners are fellow Husker fans...I could care less who they cheer for, they have some darn good pizza. Don't worry, I was told to not get use to such unhealthy meals going forward by the way. I stuffed myself on pizza and laid low for the next couple hours. I was pleasantly surprised before bed with a Skype call with Grandma Janice and our friend Cheryl. It was lots of fun to talk to them, well really I listened. Ok, really I showed them how short my attention span is and went back to playing while mom followed me around with the computer. Nonetheless it was all fun. I tried to talk dad into letting me stay up for the big Husker battle against Wisconsin. But I did not win out, I went off to dreamland to my boys in red scoring touchdown after touchdown. I woke up Sunday morning to find out that my dreams came true. Apparently, I was misunderstood though, as my boys were wearing red pants. Turns out the boys in Red shirts got LOTS of touchdowns...and that was NOT the plan. Ahh, now I get why I was wearing black for the game, they were trying to avoid that confusion. Alas, I moved on with my day and we went to church. It had been a while since we were able to go (trips, visitors, sickness, etc) so I wasn't so sure about being dropped off at the daycare. That and it was right in the middle of my recent naptime, but I didn't have a choice. I stayed strong through the hour. Mom & dad keep telling me I get surprises as long as my number isn't put up on the big screen each week, ahh...bribery. So far, so good! This week's surprise was more fun for dad than me...but I guess I get to reap the benefits. Yep, he got himself a new big boy grill. It's name is Weber....and he is pretty darn excited about it. I'm pretty excited about the goodness that comes off of it that I get to eat, so win-win!
 |
| I normally eat big people food. But I can't get enoughof the veggies in a pouch! |
This week has been pretty good (minus going by so fast), I have been loving the fall weather. Dad said I have to hurry up and walk so that I can play in the leaves that are going to start falling. I took a couple steps at school yesterday, but I'm making him sweat it out a bit longer. Until the next time....
Enjoy the pics and even a few videos this time. Amelia OUT!
I may not be wearing red, but I'm perfecting my moves for the next game!
Trying to feed Marley my Cheerios...
and a couple of pics from a couple weeks back that Ava's mom sent on..
 |
| Like I said....LOVE those pouches |
 |
| Finally a pic where we are all smiling! |
No comments:
Post a Comment