Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

1, 2....10 steps!


I'm learning quickly.  Beer + Football = smiles
I've had some good fun since my last update. But I'll start with the biggie...I have taken steps...that is steps toward walking. I'm not completely sold on doing it all the time, I can get around much faster on my hands and knees. But I now thoroughly enjoy walking back and forth between mom & dad. I think my top so far is like 10 steps....but I don't know why they keep getting farther and farther from each other. I enjoy walking real fast and then doing the nose dive/catch me move. Fun stuff. Here is some video that mom tried to take last night...of me walking...AND playing with dad.

 I love it when he throws me in the air!



 Ok, now let me back up to some of the other fun things. The weekend started off pretty normal, walks, dinner, etc. but then i was surprised right before my nap with visitors. Grandma & grandpa Steffen came to see me! How cool! It took me a couple minutes to completely warm up, but soon enough I wanted no one but grandma to hold me and mom kept saying that I just beamed whenever grandpa walked in. I say that was my protection beam, he kept tickling me! Silly guy. We 'watched' the Husker game...there was not too much to watch. Luckily this time because we were blowing out the competition, so I did a lot of playing instead. After the game we decided to head out for a nice dinner. We went down to the bottoms to a KC to an old restaurant called the Golden Ox. Grandpa loves steak, so dad said we had to go there. I will clarify, when I say it was an old restaurant....it has been there for a long time (there were pictures from some big livestock flood from over 100 years ago!), but the people were let's say...not getting any younger. They weren't quite sure what to think when a baby entered. They dusted off a kids menu and I proved to them that I may be small, but I can put down food with the rest of them.  Yep, sure can and we had some cherry cobbler for dessert. And let's just say...I couldn't get enough...of the ala mode part at least! YUMMY! Sunday I took them to my favorite Loose Park so I could show them the duckies. I was having a hard time staying awake on the way there, but I perked up once I saw the ducks. We took some old Ritz crackers that I didn't think tasted so bad, but apparently were for the ducks and not me. So we started feeding them. Grandma thought it would be fun to let the big ducks (which I guess actually were geese) come eat out of my hand. They actually didn't scare me...which means I must not take after dad in everything, because he was like 100 feet away at all times. Speaking of weird fears, we next went over and looked at the HUGE fish...mom looked a little grossed out and grandpa looked totally interested. They were all right. After a walk around the park and smelling the roses (literally) we headed back home for some lunch and a nap. Well me at least...and maybe grandpa! Unfortunately they had to get back on the road to go back to Hartington, so we had to say our goodbyes. It was tough, but I was assured that I would see them again.

saying goodbyes

Opening presents
 And I had to get ready to be a hostess! That's right...we were having a shower for my friends Tyler & Sarah. You see, Sarah is going to have a little friend for me in a couple of months, so apparently they needed some supplies to get ready. So i had lots of friends old and new come over. We had a lot of fun, we ate some yummy BBQ made by dad. We played, ok...my friends played in the yard/leaves, etc. I was mainly content sitting on people's laps and eating. So much food....so little time. All in all, it was a great time. I sure can't wait to meet the new kid on the block!

costume sneak peeks.  More to come in next blog!


showing Violet my walker


This week has been good so far. Yesterday was super fun. We had a pumpkin patch AND a petting zoo come to my school, yeah....how cool is that?! It was great. Then...after my nap, I was surprised by an early pick up from mom. She decided to use some extra vacation time and take a 1/2 day to spend with me! We went to Loose park and fed the ducks and then played in the park. Then it started getting way too hot (85 degrees at the end of Oct!), so we went for a stop at Russell Stover for some Ice cream (rainbow sherbert...yum!). I think I like it when mom breaks me out early! Hopefully that won't be the last time!


I am geting hair!
All right, all this walking I have been doing has totally worn me out. Time to get some rest. Amelia OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment