 |
| More cowbell, please |
Turned out when I woke up on Sunday that despite mom and dad cringing on the couch hours after I went to bed, my good ole' Huskers managed to stage a comeback (the biggest ever, mind you) and win the game. Go 'Skers! Anyway, Sunday was fun. We went to church, but I was mighty tired when I got there so dad let me skip daycare and hang with him during service. We stood in the back for a while, but then it turned out they were having some problems with the A/C so dad went up on the roof to get them fixed up and I sat with mommy and our friend Tyler (who is going to have a friend for me not too long from now...well his wife that is). I had a lot of fun cuddling with mom and then playing googly eyes with the couple behind me. I guess that is why I am suppose to be in daycare, because I am a distraction. But it's not my fault I'm irristable. Ha! I started talking a bit too loud, so we went to the back again for a while and the guy behind me was not very happy to be losing his friend. I didn't even get to tell him proper goodbyes. Which by the way, if I haven't already told you....I'm all about blowing kisses these days. That and high & low fives.


After we got home from church we took a long walk to the Indian festival down the road. I guess there is an old Indian school and museum there, but I was excited for the food. You see, I had tried some of mom's Indian food (I think it was called Tikka Masala) and I was a fan, so was ready for more. But apparently I was confused and this was American Indian. Mom had this 'Indian taco' which looked awesome. Of course mom liked it...anything with the word 'taco'...she is good to go. With my lack of table and the fact that the Indian taco was big and messy I opted for a hot dog. Always a good option in my book anyway. We walked around and looked at some crafts and then I even got to check out some Alpaca's. I must say, I feel like I have seen more animals in the past couple days than in my entire lifetime. Actually, I do believe that is true. I started getting a bit tired and Marley was way past tired (she had to give in and ride in my stroller again), so we headed back home. We went back and I napped with mom while dad watched the Chiefs game (the 5 min's he wasn't sleeping that is). Then enjoyed a great meal that dad made for us on his new grill!
 |
| Love my blocks! |

Monday I woke up with my eyes glued shut. Ugh...memories of my early days. I am guessing that I am allergic to all that farm stuff or something because I had some puffy eyes for a couple of days this week, until some Claritin kicked in. That sure helped make my first day of school in the toddler room just great. Actually day 1 wasn't bad. I did well with the whole 1 nap thing (and slept 2+ hours in the afternoon) on a cot. Who needs a crib? And I ate at the big girl table with no problems. Who needs a high chair? I don't know what mom was so nervous about. Turned out Ava only came to school on Monday and she took the rest of this week off to be with her mommy, so I had to fair it alone with the big kids. All things considered...I think i have faired all right. But they are all SO much bigger than me. What a difference a year makes, I guess. I still like my alone time, but I am slowly integrating into the group. They do have some fun toys. They have a big girl kitchen that I adore and a super fun slide to climb up. My new teachers seem pretty cool, but I'm not quite yet excited to go (or see mom go) in the mornings like I was with Miss Martha. It could be partly due to the fact I haven't felt great all week, on top of the puffy eyes. I started some new medicine to try to help my cough (which - keep your fingers crossed, has been working well). I also haven't been sleeping quite as great, waking up early - in pain that is. It took me finally waking up and screaming for a LONG time yesterday for mom & dad to realize that maybe I was actually hurting. Uh, yeah...my canine is coming in and it HURTS! You can see the bulge coming out of my jaw, not pretty. This is the first tooth that has REALLY hurt. Not sure why I'm getting teeth that most kids don't get till they are 2 years old...but I guess i had to excel in something, right?! Mom says it will be that much easier to chew all the food I love so much, so I guess the pain will be worth it in the end. Until then, keep that ibuprofen coming please! Anyway, I digress...I'm sure I'll get used to the new routine at school soon enough! Actually, today was better....just in time for the weekend and to have to readjust all over next week. Oh well, hopefully I'll have a fun-filled weekend...get drug free and be like new for next week. You too! Amelia OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment