Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just call me Fraulein



Guten Tag! Happy November! This post is going to mainly have pictures of me in my Halloween costume. My family in Germany sent a beautiful Dirndl for me when I was first born. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a traditional dress from Bavaria. Since I don't have all that many occasions to wear dresses, mom decided to accessorize it for my costume this year with some clogs, a bavarian pretzel, and a hat with braids....I know, a few of you may have been confused by the rapid hair growth in the pictures. No need to worry, I am still sporting the baldish look - quite beautifully if you ask me.

I had multiple occasions to wear it. Good thing it is comfy! Mom picked me up early from school again last Thursday. We drove all the way to her work and did some trick or treating around the office. This was my first visit to her place of work. I must say I was underwhelmed. Can't say I'm too excited about "Take your Kids to work" days in the future. The people all seemed nice. I even let lots of strangers hold me. Yep, you heard me right. I did some walking around and tried to steer clear of some of the scarier people. We did a quick diaper change (on mom's desk - nice, huh?) and then headed to dad's work. Yes, he has also been getting grief for never introducing me to the ladies at the office so I went in and made my appearance. They actually were doing their trick or treating yesterday, so I got all the attention to just me - AND they went to the vending machines to get special treats just for me. Pretty nice, huh? The cheese filled crackers were awesome! Again...I wasn't all that excited with this work thing. I guess dad normally doesn't work there, but he said that I can't go with him to do his real work. Too dangerous. From what I saw last week, I think I am going to enjoy school for as long as possible, WAY more fun.




what?  I'm suppose to stop eating for a picture?

I had another opportunity to sport my costume on Saturday evening because we went to my friend Avery's for her (or her parents) annual Halloween bash. Avery was a black kitty and really had the "meow" down. Her daddy this year (in theme with last year's bee and 'drag queen bee' costume) was a Black Cat firework. He is clever like that. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good pic of him and his totally uncomfortable looking ensemble. I asked mom & dad what they were suppose to be, they said they were "Americans that stole a cute German baby." I couldn't fight them on that one. Maddie showed up with her parents...wearing a familiar looking bumble bee costume. She looked super cute too. Dad kept talking about how I now seem much bigger than petite lil' Maddie. I haven't decided if I should take offense to this. Come on, which way do you want it? Pack on the pounds or not?! Again, sue me if I enjoy my food. Boy do I. I had some killer spinach ravioli last night. Can't get enough.... I digress....Back to party. I got to quickly see the Nass's who have a baby coming in a few months and the Ungles family but unfortunately, the party really started getting rolling around 7 which was also the time my internal clock started rolling its way to night night land. So we headed home so I could sleep comfortably in my bed.

Then there was of course last night, another time to wear my costume. The official holiday. We went on a walk with Marley and stopped to trick or treat....(which I got neither a trick nor a treat) at a few neighbors houses. Apparently I dont get yummy bite size candy yet..and mom and dad figured they didn't need it either. One friend down the street did give me some yogurt covered raisins though. They were pretty darn good. We sat outside and greeted ALL the trick or treaters. There were so many cars and kids it was crazy. Apparently we are a hot spot for candy...who knew. Unfortunately we ran out around 7:45. I felt bad when I heard mom saying "Lo Siento, No Mas" to the kiddos. Yep, I'm working on my Spanish skills too. Mom says I need to work more on my English first. Apparently "HI" does not cut it, dad says not to worry he understands all my words that mom calls 'gibberish'. The gall....

Those were the highlighted activities for the week. A few other things...I am working on feeding myself with a spoon. Getting pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. Eating is quite easy with all the teeth I have. Rule of thumb is 4 teeth for every 6 months of age when they are coming in. Well, I found something I am definitely ahead in. Apparently my mouth thinks I'm 18 months, because I have 12 and am working on #13 & 14. I also am walking around quite a bit more. Again, I still think crawling is the way to really get somewhere fast, but I'm feeling more comfortable with going farther and farther on all 2's vs. 4's. I also have been having a lot of fun with chasing Marley all around the house. Notice I say "I" am having fun...Marley hasn't fully weighed in. I was going to load a video, but apparently mom's HD phone video is too big for YouTube. Boo.... Here is one of me playing...really not that exciting, but I figure grandma's will enjoy.




you totally want to kiss me right?
Last night I had another check in with the lady from Parents-as-Teachers...she says I am doing good and right on track with everything. I am still off the charts on my fine motor skills and social skills. I think I upped my social skills score once I blew her a kiss and then attempted to give her a real kiss. Yep, I love to give kisses these days. It looks something like this!

Amelia OUT!

And Dad says that we don't have enough leaves to bother to rake yet!
Dad wanted to TV shop after seeing Avery's dad's cool TV.
I chose to snack and lounge on their comfy chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment