Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stack em' up


Like my hat I made at school?
Amelia here.  I figure that with this upcoming holiday, I may get behind on blogging so figured I would send you all a quick update from the past week and wish you an early Happy Thanksgiving.

I'll skip straight to the weekend, because who doesn't want to do that always?  After school/work on Friday, we went to mom's favorite mexican place - Ponak's.  I guess dad was busy fixing something at Ava's house and made mom miss her night out with the girls on Thursday so this was her consolation prize.  I'm not sure about being second fiddle, but I took it.  I got my own chicken quesadilla, that I'm sure no surprise to any of you....I did some major damage too.  I also decided I am a big fan of chips.  Hold the salsa.....veggies, duh. 

Saturday morning we did our family trip to the grocery store, but this time we filled the cart with way different things.  Turkey, stuffing, etc.  We bought twice as much as we needed, I at first thought this was because I have become such a big eater, but dad informed me that we were buying a meal for a family at church that wouldn't be able to afford to have a good Thanksgiving meal themselves.  I'm good with that.  I learned that I am suppose to be thankful for every meal put in front of me, because not everyone gets those options.  I still say that I am happy to send my fruits and veggies to these other people...but apparently, I'm not getting the point.  I'm only 14 months...give me a break!

Saturday evening we went down to Union Station to see the Christmas tree lighting.  I couldn't care less about the tree, but I was in awe of the big building and all the different people there.  There were free rides on a train, but I was told that I am not big enough yet.  Not cool....so we went across the way to Jack's Stack to have some BBQ.  Mom & dad ate some ribs and I was quite content with my chicken fingers and applesauce.  What?  Applesauce is a fruit?  Ugh....I may have to opt for new side dishes with this new revelation. 

Sunday we went to church, where I had the usual good time in daycare with Ava.  I took a cat nap on the way home only to find out that we were not going home after all.  We met Ava and her parents out for lunch at First Watch!  My first meal out with my BFF was a good time.  I think I had a turkey sandwich, but the more exciting piece was these cool blocks (aka creamers) I got to play with.  As soon as I saw the bowl...I knew I was going to have some good fun.  As you can see my friend Avery had this same idea ages ago.  I must say, I did pretty good stacking them.  Right now my high is 4...but I'm coming after your record Avery...  Ava wanted to try too, but sometimes she doesn't know her own strength...she grabbed it and was getting ready for some stacking I'm sure...and POOF...cream explosion.  I'm pretty sure I tasted some pumpkin in that cream.  Yummy.  Needless to say, Ava and her super human strength hands were banned from the stacking game.  More for me! 


Let's see...oh, get this, I'm done with school for the week.  Yeah, only a 2 day week - how crazy is that?!  I'm liking this holiday business.  I got to make some pretty cool artwork, we got some treats at school, and I get to enjoy the rest of the week with mom and dad.....and grandma.  Yep, she is here to spend Thanksgiving with us.  I already have read some new books with her.  Sweet.  I'm sure I will have more to share on this holiday stuff next time around.  Until then, Amelia OUT!
Smile big you say?  OK.  So you can see all 12 of my teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment