Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 7, 2011

Duck, duck...sushi?


Happy Monday! No, I'm serious....I am really happy today. I'm not sure why, I just woke up ready for a new week. Perhaps it was because I slept 12 hours in response to my LONG day yesterday. Whoever came up with this Daylight Savings Time thing, seriously didn't know what they were doing. Talk about throwing a wrench in my routine. I woke up the usual time on Sunday, but apparently it wasn't the usual...it was in fact only 5:30 am. Dad tried to convince me to go back to sleep, but I kept telling him this is my normal time to get up and moving and playing! But I quickly realized that things were a bit off yesterday as my play time in the AM seemed really stretched out. By the time we headed to church, I was already exhausted. So I took a nap on the way there...and back! Then after getting home and scarfing down some yummy lunch (I can seriously put down some leftover chicken and dumplings), I took another long nap. I was rewarded with a trip to the park. I got to feed the duckies again. SO much fun, I almost jump out of the stroller when we start getting close.

playing with Ava at church



I was told that we were lucky the weather is still so nice, there may not be that many more trips to the park in store for this year. Boo... Apparently we were not the only people enjoying the day, because the playground was nuts. Despite dad being leary of the germ fest, I did get to swing for a while and go down some of the slides. I'm not ready to go solo quite yet, but it is a lot of fun going down with mommy or daddy's help!



Maddie pointed out my nose to me.  OH..that's where
it is
Ok, I told you about yesterday, some other highlights from the past week include...
I can totally use these chopstick things
1. Dinner with Maddie and her parents on Thursday night. Yep...I had my first shot at some sushi! I didn't end up getting to eat any rolls, I stuck with only cooked stuff. I am a big fan of gyoza. I ate at least 3 or 4 of those delicous things! Maddie stuck to fruits and veggies. The 2 of us together eat a real complete meal. she likes fruits and veggies. and i stick to the starches and meat. She doesn't know what she is missing! Mom says I should learn from her. But whatever...I know what I like! Mom was really impressed with Maddie's vocabulary. Apparently words like "botchulism" are what impresses mom. Talk about a lofty target. Thanks alot Maddie! Before we parted ways, Maddie did let me borrow a super cool push toy that I took outside the next day. As you can see, I am a big fan.My new toy borrowed from my friend Maddie! Love it.
2. Debut of my new Husker cheerleader outfit! Isn't it SO cute? Apparently, I still have some practicing to do when it comes to cheering loud enough to make an impact to the game because my Huskers lost. In a game that we thought was a no-brainer. Apparently, so did they. At first dad said that I will now have to burn the new uniform, but I have talked him into keeping it and giving it another try soon.

Marley and I both begging dad for some of his Runza.  This was
after mom and I went to Runza and I ate most of hers!

3. My date night with Heidi! Mom & dad decided they needed a 'grown-up' night at a fancy restaurant so my friend Heidi came over to play with me. Of course we had a grand ole' time.

4. I am 14 months old! Mom tried to take pics of me again, but as you can see here and on my growth page on the right, I just don't pose the same as I did in the early months. I am just have too much to do mom!
Hmmm...that is all I can think of for now. Hope your Monday was as good as mine. Amelia OUT!

Here are a few more videos for your viewing pleasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment