Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 28, 2011

Pumpkin Pie!



I am a big fan these days of going to get Marley's leash and chasing her around the house so we can take her on a walk.

Hello again, mom is feeling a little under the weather so it took me a while to coerce dad to do some translating for me.  If the grammar and spelling are wrong, live with it, we're trying.  Lets get right to it, I left off with Tuesday night when I was surprised when Grandma Janice showing up to spend Thanksgiving with us, which was awesome.  Wednesday Dad had to go to work for awhile so it was just grandma, mom, and myself.  What do three women do when they have time to kill, GO SHOPPING!  We went to the mall and I picked up some new shoes, since I have grown out of my only other pair.  I know a girl with only one pair of shoes CRAZY.   I have now fixed that.  We then met dad for lunch at Noodles and Co. it was great, I of course had the mac n cheese, no left overs.  We did a quick stop off at JC Penny's where I ran wild, it was fun.  I even picked up a new snow suit....bring on the snow!  Other highlights of that day included taking grandma to the park.  I showed her how good I am at the slide and even went on the swing with her.  It was fun!  Since Thursday was full of cooking plans, we decided to go up the street to Houlihans for dinner.  It actually has been a while since I've been there, so I had a good time. 

totally normal place to hang out with
grandma right?

Apparently Sadie & Marley enjoyed licking my PB&J leftovers!


Notice Marley's usual spot under my chair
I don't remember too much about Thanksgiving last year, but I do know that I didn't get the chance to try any of the food so I woke up ready to eat!  I found out that we were not actually eating till later in the day, so I did my best to put my mind off my food and focus on other things, like playing with grandma!  Dad was all over the place putting up Christmas lights and getting ready to make our very own Thanksgiving meal for the first time.  Dad said he was going to give it a try this year, so with a little advice from grandma, mom and dad started cooking in the kitchen.  Grandma kept me busy playing with me, which she found out isn't as easy as it used to be, I like to be on the move.  I finally wore out and laid down for a nap, this awesome smell woke me up, so mom came in and napped with me in the chair for awhile.  When I finally got up it was time to eat, let me tell you this is one of my favorite things to do, and I do it well.  I think dad did an amazing job for his first try.  The turkey was yummy, which is good because we have had it for like every meal since!  I say that the turkey and the stuffing were among my favorite.  The sweet potatoes also were pretty good, but they are vegetables so I of course prefer the bread/meat over them.  BUT....isn't pumpkin a vegetable?  I will say... I was a big fan of my pumpkin pie!  That's right I got my very own piece, with whip cream even.  It disappeared rather quickly, so yes...I did like it.  Oh, I also have taken to feeding myself for every meal with my new cool silverwear, so it takes me a bit longer to put it all down.  When I'm really hungry, I still choose to use my fingers.  That night we had our Christmas light lighting, it was no plaza lighting but it was pretty cool anyway.  The Plaza doesn't have a snowman, we do.   Needless to say with all this food, family, & fun I have lots to be thankful for, don't I?

Thanksgiving requires playing some
football, so I'm told.  So we gave it a shot
with dad's flat ball.
Friday I had to say goodbye to grandma, I sure had a good time playing with her and showing her how smart I am.  Yeah, I totally duped impressed her while she was here.  Apparently, everyone is quite easilly impressed with my activities of late.  Mom's favorite is after I sneeze, I go to the kleenex box so they can get it for me, wipe my nose, and then went to the trash to throw it away.  Dad really liked it when he came in the other night and asked if I was done with my bath and I got up and put all my toys away and then stood up for the towel.  He also likes it when I put my dirty clothes in the hamper before bath.  Something about starting cleaning young....I didn't know that doing these things that are so everyday would make everyone so happy.  I have such an easy family to please!  Anyway, back to the update....After she took off back to Lincoln, I thought things were going to get back to normal, man was I wrong.  Nebraska was on T.V. and grandpa Mclain and Nancy came over to watch the game, what a surprise.  We had fun watching the game...well, actually I ate and watched pieces before taking my nap through the second half.  They left before I woke up so they made plans to meet up later that night.  We met them down at Union Station and looked at the trains and then tried to go to Jack Stacks for dinner, apparently Jack Stacks didn't get the memo that I eat at 5:30, because it was packed.  Dad and mom told Grandpa to stay and eat and we could eat together the next night.  Mom received her wish and we went to Manny's for mexican.  I devoured lots of chips and a chicken quesadilla.  I am my mother's child.
"watching" the game with dad and Nancy.  As you can see Marley made a
new friend.

Saturday we went to Grandpa's hotel and tried to go swimming, but the water was freezing.  I braved it for awhile but when my teeth started chattering I got out.  Saturday night we met them at the Power and Light district for dinner.  I had so much fun high fiving people and running around the place after I got done eating. Dad keeps saying he should have had me when he was single, because he gets lots of attention walking around.  That jokester... Anyway, it was good to spend some time with them.  I'm glad they visited!

I also got to do some good shopping over the weekend checking out what i want to tell this Santa guy to bring me, since I have been a good girl this year.  I pretty much like every toy that I found in the aisles of Target and Costco.  Hopefully Santa's sleigh has a big trunk because I know they won't fit in the Prius.  Dad says hopefully Santa can fit a bigger house in his sleigh too.  Dream Big, dad...Sunday after church we did another pit stop, this time at the Boy Scout place to get our Christmas tree.  I got to sit in the back seat with the tree on the way home.  We put the tree up and so far so good on me leaving it alone.  So much more happened this weekend I know I am forgetting things, but you get the gist.  AMELIA OUT!

I was a bit cold, so I tried on grandpa's shirt to
keep me warm.

just doing some shopping
Here is a video for the week: (For those who only look at the email, remember you have to go the actual blog to see any videos! Here is the link)

Playing with Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment