Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hibernation

  I guess it is that time of the year, and it has been decided that I might be part bear.  Why you ask?  Well lately, sleep has been about my favorite thing in the world.  Don't get me wrong, I have been having fun during wake hours...but if someone says it is time to go to bed or take a nap, I am ALL over it.    And really don't appreciate being woke up.  Something about "waking a sleeping bear".  Dad says that my bedtime is going to keep getting pushed up until I start waking up a bit happier.  In fact, the other night I CHOSE to go to bed over having milk and watching Mickey.  As many of you know, I must be tired if I am foregoing Mickey! 

Amelia joined me in bed for some mobile watching!

Us sisters may have some differences, but I will concur with Amelia.  I am a fan of sleep.  I am still trying to get use to the early morning weekday schedule sometimes I wake up on my own, but often mom wakes me up.  I do always wake up happy though.  I'll try to get Amelia on board...I mean really, why not be happy?  It is a new day!  I am told that I cry way less than Amelia does, she does seem extra whiney lately.  Dad says she is a real bear.  And not the cute, cuddly kind apparently.  I am staying happy and good in hopes that I get some brownie points.  I am also settling into daycare pretty good now and am told that I am such a good baby and so pretty. Who knows what they are comparing to, but I'll take it. I have those teachers wrapped around my finger!  I sleep a lot better now that mom gave them a sleepsack to swaddle me at school.  I don't know what they were thinking trying to just have me sleep on my back not swaddled.  Stupid state laws.  Baby Jesus was swaddled, so I'm pretty sure it is OK for you to swaddle me!  On the weekends, or sometimes in the evening, I get a taste of the good life.  That is....napping on my tummy.  Ahhhh...it makes me happy just thinking about it! 


I love playing (i.e. chewing) this toy!
No real developmental updates on my part.  I am just growing up, need to do another weigh in, but dad says I am chunking up.  I don't roll over regularly, but sometimes when the mood is right.  I go back to front or front to back!  I am drooling quite a bit now, which makes for some wet shirts.  Dad thinks I may be teething, who knows.  Amelia is pretty good at wiping my 'bubbles' when she see them.  She is a good big sis like that.  



I try.  I don't think I have many updates either.  I am working on my numbers more now (as I have all the colors down pat), I enjoy playing with my playdough and putting together puzzles still.  Oh, we did have fun last weekend at my friend Ava's house for some good food.  It has been a while since I have been over there, so I enjoyed exploring all her cool toys.  It wasn't just Ava, there were a bunch of boys there too.  Will, Rennick, Riggs, & Reynolds.  They all seem to have more energy (i.e. are more social) than me.  I think mom and dad lucked out having another low key girl this time, a boy would definitely change the dynamics of our house! 

I had a rough night this past weekend as I woke up and my tummy was hurting.  The next thing I know I puked all over myself and my bed.  Mom and dad came to get me and clean things up, and once I got new clean pj's on I did it again and again and again.  After cleaning it all up, they realized that feeding me bacon for breakfast, hot dogs for lunch, and ribs for dinne may have not been the best idea.  Seiously....parents of the year there!  Maybe I had a touch of the flu that is going around, but pretty sure it was just poor decision making on the parents part.  No, I take no blame that I refused to eat the vegetables/fruit that may have counterbalanced some of that!  I basically didn't eat the next day and seem to feel back to my old self now.  Yay!  Maybe I'll have more updates next time.  Sweet Dreams until then.  Amelia OUT!

Here are some pictures to tide you over until next time.  Doing some tummy time and sisterly bonding.




Mom says we kind of look alike in this one....
 A video of mom waking me up in the AM and talking to me.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment