Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 5, 2013

So begins a New Year









Happy 2013 all!  Hope you all had a great time ringing in the New Year.  I sure did.  We had a party at our place and who doesn't like a party?  We had some really yummy food, my personal favorites being the pizza (shocker, I know) and these super tasty ice cream sandwiches that Avery's mommy made.  Oh and the 'sparkling wine'....tasted like apple juice (my fave) to me!  All the usual friends were there and we spent most of the time in the basement playing with toys, drawing on chalkboards, and decorating some party hats.  I did a lot of playing with Avery and Maddie, while the boys played together.  Mae and Heidi mainly hung out (literally.....as they were often in the Bjorns).  As you can tell they both got a bit sleepy even with all the ruckus.  I had a lot of fun and admittedly was still wired when dad made me finally hit the sack after everyone left (around 10).  Needless to say, I slept in on New Years!  Heidi on the other hand chose to wake up really early for a quick bite but then was back down for the count and woke up when I did.  I guess I have missed out on the fact that Heidi has chosen to wake up the past few nights.  Sue me, that i sleep so hard!
Missing Lukas in this shot, he wasn't as keen on the hat!
Daddy's cousin Nick and his wife Mollie came over too!
Sleeping on dad's sweet NYE shirt.  


looks like some teeth may be starting to bud yet?
Amelia, you are making me look bad.  Perhaps it is true....I have regressed some.  Maybe I just like the extra time with mom.  Ever think of that?  Dad has come in a couple of the nights, but despite his hugs I have informed him that I was having none of that.  Maybe I was just getting nervous for my first days at school.  Yep, that's right, I started this week.  Mom didn't seem all too thrilled.  They seem nice enough, but the jury is still out.  I mean they don't let me nap on my tummy and they won't wrap me up in blankets.  And then they go and wonder why I don't sleep for more than a few minutes and have red, puffy, tired eyes?  I have now gone through 3 days there, and we have come to some arrangements when it comes to napping, and I am working on drinking a bit faster for them.  Apparently I'm a slow eater (first I heard of this).  One bonus is, Amelia is in the room next to me and she has even come in to say hi to me.  I feel better knowing she is watching out for me.  Mom even talked them into sending her pictures of me every once in a while (like Miss Martha did for Amelia when she was a baby)...so I am trying to work at looking happy for her to help put her mind at ease!

Big Heidi and Baby Heidi!
Yes, sis...I got your back!  That is what big sisters do.  I am working hard at being a big girl these days.  This includes the whole potty training thing which makes dad quite happy.  In other news, mom and dad got to take a couple hour break from us and they went to watch a movie!  I don't think they really wanted to leave us, but my old babysitter Heidi was in town (she moved away for college) and she wanted to see me (ok, and maybe meet our Heidi too)....and the feeling was mutual, so the rents went out and let us play for a bit.  It was fun!


A few more updates on my part past my sleeping abilities.  I also rock tummy time as you can see in video below.  I do roll over often when doing so, but mom never catches it on camera.  She also gets annoyed that I do my talking on camera much either.  But I have learned to speak at a higher decibel level as of late.  I have to speak over to big mouth big sis, you know!  Dad says I talk and smile way more than Amelia did.  What else...oh, I don't know...I am once again side tracked by this amazing fist...


I think that is the extent of the updates this time around.  Later....Amelia (& Heidi) OUT!

Been spending lots of time playing with my play dough.  Mom and I made some food for daddy and then I decided I wanted some mac n' cheese and hot dogs.  Yum!

I almost forgot to mention the fact that we watched the Nebraska game on New Years...oh wait, maybe there is a reason.  Better to forget...

Mom says I have her nails, I guess Amelia is stuck with dads....

Dad made me make snow angels,

As you can see, I was  not a huge fan.  I prefer the sled.


dad calls this the magic hat, because
I fall asleep whenever it is on



No comments:

Post a Comment