Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 7, 2014

Hold that thought


So in the last posting I was saying how I was the only strong one in the family.  Well I took a turn for the worse like a day later....and was sent home from school puking.  Mom & Dad didn't bother to take me to the dr for another FOUR days though!  Something about they thought it was the flu, and I wasn't acting THAT bad.  Well they forgot that I am one tough cookie.  I finally went to the doctor to find out I had pneumonia and a double ear infection.  That's right...parents of the year.  The doctor said she was quite impressed with how well I was handling it all.  Hey mom and dad,  lesson learned maybe?  If I actually wake up in the middle of the night....there is probably something wrong with me!  Bonus that came out of that (minus giving my parents a guilt treatment), I finally got to try out the pink stuff called antibiotics.  Now I get what all Amelia's fuss is about.  That stuff is fantastic.  I ask for more after every dose.  Sadly, I finished off the bottle this morning though.  Boo.... As you can see, I am feeling much better.  I think.
I have discovered a new love of climbing
and after bath time is one of my favorite/
most crazy times of the day!

sporting some pigtails
Despite the sicknesses, I keep hearing mom and dad talk about how great I am at this age.  Apparently I am quite the hoot.  The cuddles, loads of laughs, fun faces,  playing so good with my awesome big sister (thanks sis, you are pretty great too!), and although I have a lack of words they keep talking about how smart I am.  Apparently my understanding and ability to do what I am asked and reason things is impressive.  Boy are they easy.

As you can see in this video, I am still quite the eater!



She is a lot of fun, I will admit it.  We spent the last few days cooped up inside as we got a LOT of snow....and we had fun playing together.  There were no fights to be had.  I love her too much...and tell her often.  I tell mommy and daddy all the time how much I love them, admittedly, some nights I say "I will love you in the morning".  Take what you can get, right? 


Nap time in the awesome fort dad made us
Peek-a-boo!

Some fun things we have done since last posting....

I helped mom make butterballs (Elmo's German recipe).  I can take or leave eating them.  (Not really a fan of soup)...but I had a lot of fun rolling the balls.
Played in the basement....including watching the Super Bowl - let's get real...for the commercials.  Although I did help mom cheer as she won $50 from work pool.   Enjoyed the bouncy house and coloring on the board!






Mom took us to the mall.  That word is not spoken out of dads mouth.  We still did no shopping though.  We just played in the kid area, rode the carousel, had lunch at Panera (where I wooed 3 different old couples with my charm), and made our first trip to American Girl.  I LOVED the dolls, but then mom explained they may be pretty they cost like 15x more than my current babies that are pretty great.  15 of my current baby (which I have affectionately named 'Henry') or 1 really pretty one?  I'm voting for the 1st.......for now.  Speaking of, I have pre-named any future sibling (NO announcement!), Eli if it is a boy and Henry if it is a girl.  Maybe that will help solidify that we are just a family of 4!!   

Dad does take us shopping.  But to the grocery store.  But as you can see....I love this as much.  If not more.  You ask me what should we do to go have fun, and I usually answer "go to the grocery store"!






Along with the free/cheap entertainment....we spent some time playing in Home Depot.  Heidi was genius and realized we could climb in all the cupboards.  Endless hours of fun!

We made some trips outside.  In a matter of a couple weeks we have had crazy swings in temperatures.  We went on a bike ride and had a picnic....and rolled down hills.

Then we enjoyed our 9+ inches of snow.  Sledding, making snow ice cream, and 'spray painting' the snow purple!
I actually enjoyed the sledding, but trying to get me to just 'play in the snow' not so much.

Heidi has mastered this new "look".  She knows when to do it too...



Having some fun with the ball...


Mom made a January sign for pictures (of course), I decided to make one too.  Can you make out everything I wrote out?















That's it for now.  Amelia & Heidi OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment