Ok, soon enough we will not be home. But we have had a fairly relaxed holiday season thus far. I have liked it. Doesn't mean we haven't had fun though. Here are just a few things to catch you up from Thanksgiving to today, Christmas Eve.
We enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving meal here at home with all the fixins. Well mom forgot the sweet potatoes, which dad was not all too thrilled about. We liked the pumpkin pie….ok, the whip cream. The next day we welcomed visitors. Nana, Papa, and Rachelle! Yay. As always, we had lots of fun with them. We even kicked off the Christmas season with some trips to see lights. Including a Cinderella ride down on the plaza. It was so nice out. I may have been more obsessed with the horse behind us.
We have had fun with lots of Christmas activities including baking, putting up our Christmas tree, decorations, making gingerbread house, doing our nativity, and advent candles/calendar (socks), our annual Christmas party at the Ludlows, our first trip to a mini nutcracker performance put on by the big kids where I go to dance, and lots of our own singing and dancing to lots of Christmas songs. SO much fun!!![]() |
| the bottom of the tree, may have been a little heavy on decorations |
And of course, let's not forget our visit to Santa. I promised mom and dad that I would be good this year….and I was! I smiled pretty and told him about the singing Elsa I want. He is coming tonight, he is coming tonight…. I am just a little bit excited! I was excited to meet him while we stood in line. But then they wanted ME to sit on HIS lap. No way. I don't care if Amelia was suckered in to talking to the stranger. I was going to have none of that. I told mom it was OK if he doesn't bring me anything for Christmas, just get me off his lap!
We also had a lot of fun at church this past weekend helping to pack over 280K meals that are being sent over to Liberia. I have tried to offer some of my vegetables every night at dinner, but for some reason that is not the way they want their food (me neither!). I had fun though and was a good helper, I kept my focus so I could do my job good!
Here are a few more pics of us just having fun playing with each other. I love my little sister. The feeling is mutual!
If you haven't caught on…we like to wrestle! And give each other piggy back rides.
We also like to play Lady & the Tramp on spaghetti nights!
But don't try it with bacon in the morning. Amelia has no self control and she WILL bite your finger if you don't move it out of the way fast enough.

I am sure there are a lot more updates that I am forgetting, but I am getting too excited for everything. I got to go to big church with mom and dad today. It is almost Jesus' birthday you know. It was awesome, I especially like the part where we hold candles and sing Silent Night. And Evan was there too! We went to an early dinner with him and Zach (and their parents) before we came home and opened presents!! More on that next time….as we don't want to forget that tonight is a big night. I already made cookies with dad today while mom went to work for her LAST day of work. (Yep, for better or for worse it is official and she is going to be spending more time with us. Dad said after this morning with us he gives mom a week before she starts looking for a new job. Thanks dad….). Anyway, cookies and carrots are out and I have to hurry to bed…Santa has hit the east coast (we have been tracking him)…. Night, night.. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Amelia OUT!!!




























No comments:
Post a Comment