Jumping right into this thing starting with Christmas Eve. We went to 3pm church which was good as always. I got to go in with mom & dad to the big church again. My favorite part as always was when they turn all the lights out and we light candles and sing Silent Light. It was so beautiful. After church we headed home and started opening some presents. Oh boy was it fun. Heidi got me a little mermaid set that is awesome! Amelia gave me some lipstick that of course I love too. 
We took a break to eat some dinner (butterballs....I just liked the soup and noodles. Even after all my hard work) and then opened up a few more presents including a package for the whole family where we found a movie and matching gingerbread pajamas. We were a whole gingerbread family for Christmas!


![]() |
| Salvy!! |


After we opened up Santa's gifts we started packing up the car to head to Elmo's! And boy was she ready for us. She totally spoiled us with way too many presents. We even had to take a break from opening things. We just wanted to play with what we already had for a while. I mean she got me a SEWING machine. It is perfect...I have already made a ton of pillows for Heidi's babies and some purses. And she got me a microphone with an amplifier. Just what everyone needs! Needless to say, I LOVED it. We have entertained quite a few people with our amazing skills!



So we ended up only getting to spend dinner and presents and then we had to get back in the car. You see there was suppose to be a snow storm so we decided we were going to beat it. 4+ hours later we made it. NOT beating the snow storm. I don't know, I slept through it all....but mom & dad seemed pretty stressed. I was just glad to see Nana and Papa. As with past year our Christmas celebration was nuts, but so much fun. We started the day with a haircut from Aunt Brenda (I got a lot cut off!)....and then the festivities started. First there was an appetizer contest from all the cousins (but us). Mom, Dad, & Brenda were the judges....it looked really good. Then they had a crazy cook off which I definitely did not want to try. Sardines. Poor Rachelle & Matt had to though....yuck! 


We had so much fun singing for everyone and of course giving and opening presents. Wow, we got so much cool stuff. I got another baby from Danielle!! Our family really know us well. Even dad got real cool things this time with some thoughtful, handmade gifts. We got so much that we had to leave some for nana & papa to bring down to us next time they visit.
![]() |
| Having fun wit Jack's selfie stick |
![]() |
| yes. Dad decided it was time to pass down his awesome shirt. Sad day |
A bonus to all their snow....we got to go sledding! Jack even pulled me on the 4 wheeler. yeah, mom didn't think I would like it (or handle the cold), but I did!
After our fun filled trip up to Harrington, we headed back to Lincoln to spend some more quality time with Elmo and go over and see Papa McLain. We couldn't go swimming at his place this time. Way too cold. But we did go have some Valentino's buffet and open even more presents. I know, we got way too much stuff. Mom keeps saying we are going to have an official playroom where we can keep our toys a bit more organized in a few months. We will see about that. We got a visit in with the Noeckers too and had a blast playing with all of them (but Heidi was grumpy so we didn't get any pictures). All in all, it was a great Christmas trip. We had so much fun with everyone, but we had to head back home to get to school and work. So we said our goodbyes so we could beat any more snow.

Upon getting home, we actually had some snow too! So we ventured out on the golf course and did some more sledding. It was perfect. Not only did I get to take purple baby for some rides, but I got brave and went running and jumping on the sled like Amelia did (after she watched Abby). Check out these videos of us in action!!
We have been enjoying our new presents over the past week(s), lots of relaxing & sleeping on Heidi's new beanbag, fun art projects, & more.





Then of course we had to celebrate New Years. That's right it is a whole new year. 2016. What oh what will this year bring? We live in a great city - who is having one amazing sports season (yes the Chiefs just won their first playoff game in 22 years), I have a house to keep me warm, get to eat when I'm hungry (side note: I have recently come to realize how lucky I am for that - so I am trying to be more thankful), & have a family that I love so much so let's see what happens! We celebrated New Years Eve at Evan & Zach's house. It was a lot of fun. They had a photo booth set up. Mom says they were brave, I say they know how to throw a party. As you can see, we had fun. They also let the mom and dad's have fun in Brett's shop. Look at these pens they made. So cool!! All that fun, we lost track of time. Even though we did the countdown a bit earlier we actually ended up staying up and ringing in the new year. Needless to say, the next couple of days were a tad bit rough. Especially for Heidi. Geez, thanks sis. I admit it, sometimes I need my beauty sleep too. So 


















No comments:
Post a Comment