Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Happy Days





Wow, 2016 is really turning out to be a stellar year for keeping up with the blog.  I mean, how is it possible at this point to even remember things from over a month ago?  So what I am going to do instead is just tell you about the biggest highlight of them all - or 2.  We went to California.  On a Plane.  To  Disneyland.  The happiest place in the world.  Seriously!  For real.  I told mom & dad that I wanted to go on a plane when I was 5...and we did!  We rode this huge purple plane.  I got to sit next to mom & Heidi sat (OK, slept) next to dad.  It was pretty cool, but then I decided that it was just as boring as a car ride.  But boy were we high!! After we landed we went and got our suitcases and then waited for the Disney bus to come get us.  I watched a movie on our way to our hotel.  And then guess who was the first person we saw as soon as we walked into the hotel??  That's right.  Minnie Mouse!  I ran up to her and gave her a big hug.  While Heidi ran to mom and cried.  Little did she or I know that we would never see Minnie again.  I know!  

We saw Goofy like all the time.  But we did get to meet all the princesses.  We first met Elsa & Anna.  It was awesome.  We actually got to eat a super fancy lunch at Ariel's place and we got to meet all of her friends!  Ok, not all of them.  We didn't see Snow White or Sleeping Beauty.  Or as Heidi calls her 'Stinky Booty'.  

I can't begin to tell you everything about Disney....but a few highlights were: 
- Of course the rides.  I got to ride almost all of the big rides.  I did NOT like (hyper)space mountain.  Actually the whole star wars section was not my bag.  But I pretty much liked all the others.  I loved the Ariel ride! 

Smile Heidi..



Who doesn't want to get this song in their head?
- Our hotel was so much fun.  Our bed even played a lullaby and had firework lights.  But the best part was a super fun swimming pool area with slides.  We talked mom & dad to walk back to the hotel each day during nap time to swim.  What?  It was a break from the park at least.




-
Food.  Our hotel had Mickey Mouse waffles at breakfast time.  So many yummy things.  Mom loved the big chocolate covered strawberries at our Ariel lunch, dad loved the Dole Pineapple Whips in Disneyland.  I loved lollipops!!


- Late nights and fireworks!  Our 1st night our hotel decided to hook us up with a 'magic moment' so we could see the fireworks from the top floor private lounge where they pipe in music, etc.  We went up there to get free drinks (hot cocoa for me!) and desserts and then 5 minutes after they were to start they turn the lights on to tell us they canceled the show due to high winds.  Seriously, not much of a magic moment.  Heidi crashed before we even started our drinks.  Light weight.  Actually, she never made it any of the nights to watch the amazing firework shows.  Hey....I saw tinker bell flying above the castle....but then she was out.  Proof is in the pudding.  
But I will say for her, she did make it through the cool light shows.  California park had a neat water/light show....and the light the night parade at Disneyland was so fun.  Yeah, i have a cool paintbrush wand that i could point at things and change the colors of the lights!

Dancing on the streets. 



- We also decided it was a good opportunity to take some family pics by the castle....
We can pose like princesses....

and with TinkerBell.  Wait....where did she go?
 

AND to make our big announcement.  SURPRISE!!!
Yep, we are BOTH now going to be big sisters.  We have known for a while.  I really didn't believe mom when she told us.  I believe her words were.  I am freaking out right now.  Are you kidding me?   Well it is pretty crazy.  But despite all of mom's concerns we are excited and we keep trying to tell her that we will love this new baby as much as we love each other.  I told her I will help a lot and change all the pee diapers (well except at night time).  And I am going to read to, hold, and sing to it!

While on the subject, we will also share some other news.  We found out recently what the baby is.  Mom brought home these cupcakes where we would see either pink for a girl or blue for a boy in the middle.  I was so excited, I wanted to eat it right away....but she made us wait till after dinner.  We were really hoping for pink, because let's be truthful....boys are stinky.  



Yep, you saw it....dad is going to be the only boy in the house.  He says that when Nala goes to heaven he gets to at least get a boy dog.  Poor guy.  How's mom you ask?  She is tired all the time, and she hurt her hand in volleyball so I am getting practice helping out with getting Heidi dressed, etc.  I'm going to be a pro when she's here.  Mom told us today that she can now hear us, so if we talk and sing to her she will know us when she comes out.  Except in Heidi's case....she will only know her if she cries.  I may have had a rough night tonight, but give me a break sis.  

Let's get back to our trip already.  After all the Disney fun we went to the beach!!  Yeah, we finally got to see the ocean.  And it was awesome.  Well until the big wave came and gobbled me up!  I got all covered with sand, but then I learned to embrace it and me and Heidi had a lot of fun building a sand castle.  We eventually got hungry so went up to the pier to have some dinner and ride the rides and play games.  The boardwalk was really cool.  Oh my goodness, I loved the cotton candy.









Sorry for ALL the pictures!  And we have so many others from our trip to Nebraska, seeing all our grandparents, Easter and more....but this is long and eventful enough already.  Sorry.  Amelia OUT!
 
A little video of baby at 8 weeks - the size of a kidney bean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment