Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 23, 2017

Time FLIES


Time does Fly when you are having fun. More on that. Boy have we kept busy since the last post. I mean....Christmas. Hello! So sorry for a SUPER long catch up post.

Where to begin?! Christmas Eve seems appropriate. We spent it where we should. Church. We all got to join mom and dad at their service where they do my favorite part, sing Silent Night. Not so silent when I sing it sis. After church we joined Evan and Zach for a nice dinner. The waiters told us how good all of us kids were. Ha, we can fool people every once in a while, eh?  
When pictures don't go how you expect!




Anyway, after we got home we got to open presents. In our new christmas jammies for all FIVE of us! Don't we look cute? I love that we got matching moose slippers, myself. 


Presents were fun. Heidi got me a great Frozen lego set that I rocked and she loved the huge art set i picked out for her (& maybe me). Mom wears the rings we got her with our names on them and uses the special coffee cup every single day....and dad. As you can see in video, I was super excited for what we got him. Bonus, he cashed in on that this past weekend. Yeah, we went flying. And it was awesome! Ok, I may have been a little scared at first. But after I got the nudge to go in and realized the guy was going to keep me safe, I had a blast. I was brave from the get go. It helped that Zach & Evan were there with us to join in the fun and went first. Mom said she didn't need to go since she had already been real skydiving. She missed out. It was so fun. We have been asking when we get to go again! Enjoy all the videos!






Ho, Ho, Ho!
Anyway, back to Christmas. Since we left our Christmas tree room a mess dad had us leave our stockings for Santa by our downstairs tree so he wouldn't trip all over everything. I was a bit nervous he wouldn't know where to go, but we horried to bed so that he wouldn't pass us up. He did not disappoint. He brought us everything we asked for walkie talkies (which we use every day when mom and I go to the bus stop and Heidi babysits Lena) and he brough Heidi a bike. And I can take my baby in it. I love it. I am good bike rider. Guys, I was in on the fun too. As it was my first ever Christmas. Santa brought me Sophie and it has come in handy as I like to put everything in my mouth. 


We skyped with Elmo on all of our morning fun while mom and dad got us ready for the road trip. Yep, it was full of fun! We didn't want to get too ambitious with Lena's first trip to NE so we drove to Lincoln for the night and spent the night at Elmo's empty house. We were welcomed by a broken furnace and some dead mice.
Eeek, while your out the mice will play, I suppose. No worries, dad got everything fixed back up for her and we had so much fun over at BJs house. Tanja made us a yummy Christmas meal and we got to play with the kids. Which we love to do!!



The next day we drove up to Nana and Papas. By the time we got there, everyone...and I mean everyone was there. Yes, initiation by fire into the extended Steffen family. Good thing I like to be held, because I had at least 10 people hold me in the first half hour! I loved it all. I think I won over quite a few people while we were there. My godmother Siera made me my first ornament that is SO neat and she also got me this super cute hat, bow, and shoes. Yes, I think nana was happy to finally see me wear some shoes. I get compliments on them all the time. On that subject, daddy decided instead of a godfather I get to be special and have 2 godmothers so they asked Bailey if she would do that - and she said yes! 
My godmother Danielle wasn't at Christmas because she had to work, but I did get to spend some time with her a couple days later. I am pretty excited to be in her wedding this summer! 

Well I will continue with the godparent talk. I got to see Eric and guess what.....he got me a Frozen watch just like I wanted. I was SO worried when Santa didn't bring it to me. So needless to say, I was excited. I may just walk around and tell people what time it is. Like ALL the time. He also picked out the most perfect ornament for me this year. Salvy! I may have got it from Santa too....but that just means people know and understand my love for Salvy and we have 2 trees...so I am good with it! The best present he gave though was showing Nana a picture of baby in Katelyn's tummy. I knew what it was right away, so I was very confused as to why Nana wasn't catching on. That's right they are having a baby. I knew it. Ah, this means I won't be the baby come next Christmas. Old news over here! Since I am already able to pick up and carry Lena, I'll be an old pro when baby Becker comes.

It has now been a month since we spent our time there so sadly I don't recall everything we did. I just know it makes me happy when I think about it, I love spending time with all of them. If it is watching them play basketball, a trip to swimming pool, or just playing around the house. One thing I know we didn't do was sled. I mean we took all of our snow clothes, but they didn't have anything! I was very disappointed. We have since had a little snow here. Enough that we got to go out and do a little sledding before it all melted.


On our way back through Lincoln we got a visit with Grandpa McLain, ate dinner out, and opened more presents - he nailed it. We love our stuff! Us girls also snuck a quick visit in with mom's friends Jane and Sarah their kids. As you can see there were a lot of us girls and only 1 boy. 8 against 1. I had fun playing with her dolls. I loved his gymnastic mat. One of the big twins, I think her name was Eloise had cartwheels I only dream of.


I digress....let's not forget about New Years. Once again we spent it over at the Ungles and everyone had fun. Lena was held by new people, we had so much fun posing for the photo booth set up. And Evan's dad had yet another fun project in his shop for the big kids. This year they made bottle openers. For dad's beard. Beer Heidi. Beer. Whatever, I don't like it. It is for boys. Ay, yay, yay.



Ok, the holidays were awesome but let's talk about other updates. What Heidi? Like how you refuse to sleep now that you are not sleeping with me? Harsh sis. Yeah, I may get up at night a lot lately. But my tummy hurts, or my cheek, or my foot, or I'm hot, or I need to pee...... All valid reasons. 

Yeah I have been doing better than sis in the sleep department, sleeping 11+ hours at night. Well except the past few nights. And believe me I have heard about it. Mom and dad are not fans when I wake up. But I let them know that I wasn't really either. After a couple of days it finally got through their heads that there was a reason why I was unhappy. I got teeth. You would think they would have thought about that being their 3rd baby and all. But no, I suffered through it with no help from them. I am now the proud owner of two little razor sharp baby teeth. Mom loves them. 

In non painful news. I turned 5 months old and have found my voice. Well actually it can be painful sometimes...she is loud. Yep, I'm loud and proud. I have to try to get words in over Heidi whenever i get the chance. My teachers at school think it is pretty funny. They don't seem to mind me interupting circle time, but said that I can sing loud sometimes. :) I have a lot of fun in school with my teachers and still love when Heidi comes to check in. And of course when daddy picks me up I give him the biggest smile I can. I kept giggling at mom when she picked me up today, she seemed to like it - maybe she will get off early and pick me up more often.




I am getting better at supporting myself and can sit in the bumbo, etc. a bit longer. I have even started to try out the exersaucer and jump-aroo. Me too! 

Our favorite things to do these days is go downstairs and exercise with dad. I like the lunges. I do pretty great at the pullups on our support beams. I want to get strong. I also like showing off my basketball skills to anyone I can. When we are not exercising at night, we are playing Trash. I love playing games. I still love Uno, but I can play a mean game of trash or memory. I dare anyone to take me on. Actually I did ask Grandpa McLain to challenge me during his recent visit to us. And I smoked him! While I give in to Amelia on a lot of things (I am the middle child you know), I have a mean competitive spirit and don't like losing games very much. I don't mind just watching them do most of this. I especially like if they turn on the TV for me. Although now that football is almost over I am not as interested. I loved watching any game that was on...and of course yell at the players!


A little fun on Lena's present from Elmo!



If you made it ALL the way through this blog, you can see that although the blogs are growing more sparse, life is not without excitement - just free time. Until next time, Steffen sisters....OUT!

A few parting shots of my favorite time. Bath time!




fun with grandpa!

We had fun with Angel our elf  again. She even
took my picture I colored for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment