Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Dejá vu

Don't bite me!


























Yikes, I was SO close in getting a post in the month of February, but alas I failed. Happy March y'all.   Looking back at Februarys of past, I now realize that we should move - at least during this time of year. We are always sick - just look back at previous years HERE and HERE for proof. So.... Lena and I have a bond as you can see in these pictures. I also like to hear and think that Lena is a carbon copy of me...but it appears she has to one up me on everything. She was due to be born on my birthday, but she decided to come 4 weeks before. She looks a lot like I did as a baby, but has more hair. Then during the same days SIX years ago I got bronchitis and was out for a week. Well she also came down with something....but on crack.




I'll back up a bit. We have all had our bouts of coughs, etc. since last blog. In fact, mom had to go to doctor and get medicine to get over hers (which by the way, she is STILL couging). But LL(little Lena) took the brunt of it. It all started with some crazy fevers the night of mom's work party - they tried to actually have first night out, not smart parents, not smart. Anyway, for the next couple weeks she would have a fever here or there and a lot of cold symptoms. All of which caused her to not sleep so mom and dad were literally walking zombies day in and out as one of them held her all night. I have been trying to play my part of sympathetic big sister and not get up every night too so to give them a bit of a break. But at the same time, let's be realistic I can't do that EVERY night. Anyway, after a couple of trips to the doctor with no help dad did get an order to go to the hospital to get a tube stuck down her nose to suck out all the gunk in her lungs. I can't tell you how many times in total this happened to me, but I can tell you that ONE is too many...it is awful. I will admit I felt a bit better and was able to breathe/eat a bit better after they did it, but come on. Can't there be something easier? Nana and papa surprised us last Monday night to give mom and dad a break and hold LL and help get us off to school. 


Because they were here to help, dad decided to take LL in before school for another 'sucking' section. Next I know as mom is taking me into school she gets a call from dad saying that they are sent her to the ER to get fluids and oxygen and to hurry up and get there to feed her. 

Yep, my deja vu moment occurred...another hospital stay. I was not real happy to get poked and prodded again, but turns out that all made me feel much better. At first they treated me for pneumonia but then decided I basically just got knocked out with a virus on top of a virus that caused the bronchilitis that knocked me down. After 3 days in the hospital, lots of sucking, oxygen, and fluids I finally felt like my old self and got to go back home. I did enjoy chewing on and taking out all the tubes they put on me. And I did have a super cute hospital gown. Looney Tunes! Hopefully I'm not jinxing things, but we are actually all pretty healthy. Hopefully it stays that way.

Yay! We are going home!!!





My godmothers sent me a care package to help
me relax after being so sick, including
this AWESOME robe








Nana and papa also brought snow with them so we could build a snowman since we never got enough here to do anything!




trying to make Lena take her 6 month picturs even though she didn't feel good. :( So us bigs will just pose!



To finish my updates...since I finally was happy and feeling good again mom and dad figured...why not take her to the doctor for even more needles getting stabbed in her. Yep, I'm not kidding. I guess I was due for my 6 month appointment and shots when i was at the hospital. They delayed them a bit, but I had to deal with the inevitable. I actually handled the shots much better than before. Here are my stats: I have an average head, I measured 25 1/4 inches tall (17 percentile) and weighed in at 12 lbs 3oz ( just making the chart at 1 percentile). The doctor said not to freak out as I was early and have had a bit of a setback in the growth department the past few weeks. Since my head outweighs the rest of me, maybe that is why my sense of balance is lacking. How can a girl sit with this big noggin? I guess I can just focus on other development things, you know like rolling over. No real motivation in that department either. I have started trying to join the family at dinner time eating solids. I'm digging it. I have tried avocados, bananas, squash, and sweet potatoes. So far the last is my favorite. The messier I can get, the better it tastes I have decided. I can't wait to see what other foods lie in the future.  If I am not putting food in my mouth, my new favorite thing is putting my foot in my mouth. Ok, really anything and everything, but I am finding my foot mighty tasty.  

family walk at Shawnee Mission park

Ok, in our healthy - or not so sick times - since last writing we have enjoyed unseasonably warm weather (it was 80 yesterday), so lots of time outside playing with neighbors. Visits with friends. I completed my first hundred days of school. Even though mom says I never go. I actually have to go all 5 days this week (only the 2nd time since early December!). I really like school, I am learning to read and really enjoy writing sentences. I write stories at home a lot. Mom says my handwriting is better than hers. Dad came to my valentines party since mom was at the hospital. We had fun playing the game mom put together too!


Here are some of things mom took a picture of during my schools open house.




 I also just finished my basketball season. It was a lot of fun. I especially like it when I make a steal or a basket! Check out some moves in the video below. I loved daddy being my coach. He said he would do it again - awesome! But I decided I wanted to try to do softball, so I may take a break from basketball to try that out. If I make a team. Yeah, apparently it isn't a sure thing. So more on that in the future. Until then, I am concentrating on learning my dance recital routine.


Me too. Dad said I have some work to do to master my routine. Don't you worry. I told daddy that I miss gymnastics so I'm hoping that I may get to do that again. We'll see...maybe I'm too big. Yep, dad measured me the other day and I grew TWO inches. Watch out world! 

Amelia was quick to tell you about how good she is, she forgot to tell you how she got in trouble for stealing. Heidi - the tattle tale. Yes, I slid something in my pocket that I wanted. I have since been punished, after getting caught of course. I'm so happy I didn't go to jail, but I did lose privileges, and had to go take it back and apologize. They wouldn't take my money so I am going to give it to church. Lesson learned. Yes, I may tattle sometimes...but this time I was telling the truth. Dad says if I go 5 days without lying I get a smoothie. That clock may or may not have been re-started a few times. 

Ok, as you can see, we are not keeping up with our blog very well. It is just so hard to do these days. You know work, school, eating, playing games, all priorities. Yes playing games....I still love ANY chance I get to play any and all games. This week its Jenga. I may have lost our first family tournament, but I'll get them next time.  Until then....enjoy all the pictures and videos. Heidi OUT.

Super bowl fun with friends little Ava & Henry

We found some old phones and may have claimed them for ourselves. You can find us playing games on them whenever we are allowed.
Look at this sunset!

Luckily sweet dad gave us our valentines early so we got to enjoy
them before the hospital stay. He knew the way to these girls hearts for sure!
And here are some healthy pictures of Lena - because who doesn't love baby pictures? Isn't she cute sleeping. Look at that big head and skinny neck. 
You can see Lena's eyes still are kind of gray, maybe they won't be as dark as ours after all. 
Lena has the 2 front teeth that Amelia lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment