Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 15, 2017

The Mighty ONE





This post is dedicated to my baby sister Lena, who is now ONE year old. But she will always be my baby sister. Anyway, most people don't think she is one, why? Because she is tiny. But she is mighty. Mom says 'strong willed'. Anything to say baby sis? Thanks for letting me chime in. I do like talking these days. They call it babble, but I'm quite sure I am saying more. At least Nala hears me call her. I also say thank you, or something similar. Mom is not thrilled that I don't way mama though. 

I may not be walking, but have gone on
the potty twice!


It is true, I celebrated my birthday and I will tell you all about it. But let me first get something off my chest. This is the 12th post since I was born. 12. Yet, Heidi had 38...and Amelia - 56. Really over 4X over me. Am I not as interesting? When I start feeling like I get the raw end, I sit back and look at all the fun I have with my sisters and realize I'm pretty lucky. It may not be as well documented, but I have it pretty good. I sure love my sisters and can't wait till I am big enough to play more with them. 


Yeah, I am trying to help mom to get her moving more so she can, but it is not happening so fast. She does dance though. We have dance parties every so often, but really anytime music comes on she will start bopping, or more often she waves her hands in the air (like she just doesn't care). She likes to spin in circles and is now a butt scooter...it is kind of funny, but she gets places. And mom kind of likes that it is not too fast. We are working on getting her standing more, but the motivation is sincerely lacking. It is just so much work. The doctor did give me an ultimatum so I guess I need to get on it during the next couple of weeks. Yes, I went in for my year check up since last post. I got weighed and measured. Here are the stats: 15lbs 12oz (3%), 27.5 in (5%), and a 71% head. I won the place over with lots of my flirty smiles. But I got 4 sharp needles in my leg as a return. Not cool, not at all. 
LOVE opening my mouth wide
Oh, I have found me some good fun!
Lots of videos of me here....enjoy!


Anyway, my favorite thing about my birthday was the cake. I love watermelon so I got a cake that looked like a watermelon! Good thing I got my own, because I discovered I love it. I put down 1/2 of it. Luckily there was a bigger one for the rest of the family and some friends that came over so I didn't have to share. Yeah, she really isn't the best at sharing, she is quite vocal about things she wants or doesn't want to give up.  Those things are: food - she still loves guacamole, but one of her latest favorite is sketti. No, that is pasghetti....wait. Mom says SPAghetti. Whatever you call it. She will eat it all....she does have 10 teeth after all. She also gets really messy. Somehow we don't have a picture of that either. We will make sure to do that next time! Yeah, yeah....it is hard to be clean with that good stuff. Ok, any food. My other favorite thing is when we have dance parties. Actually, anytime music is on anywhere I show a few of my dance moves. All hands. I think those are my main updates now that I am a big ONE year old. I'll let my sisters handle the rest.


Well, it was just my birthday too! But I'll save that fact for the next blog. School is still good, oh! Thinking of school, I love having my mom and sisters home to see me off and pick me up when the bus comes. Turns out, my bus driver loves it too. Lena no matter what is happening HAS to wave to the bus. And my normally grumpy bus driver now slows down to wave.... I like seeing him smile. Way to go Lena, spreading cheer. One of my favorite things about each day is actually night...with my sister. You see, Amelia has slept with me in my bed for the last couple months. It makes me so happy - dad too, because I don't come down and bother him. She has started bringing some of her pictures to hang up in my room (because she 'sleeps better'). I'm totally ok with that, she can move in and never go back to her room as far as I am concerned.





A few more things to share from last post...we had visits by grandpa McLain (including a trip to the Royals) and Bailey came to celebrate Lena and keep us company - she helped me make a pot! Final trips to the pool. Trips to the park. We watched the solar eclipse with neighbors..where we had 99.7% of the sun covered. Mom set me up so I had high expectations, so was disappointed that I didn't see stars, etc. That shows her to not drive the 10 miles to go downtown. Actually, I did think it was pretty cool how it got darker and the locusts got really loud thinking it was night time. 


We tried to get a picture with each of us on our letters. Yes, they have a H, A, & L at the Royals games just for us. (Oh and the Hall of Fame I guess).

Oh - a couple more favorite things from our daily routine: daily walks. Sometimes I will walk but most of the time I just ride with Lena while mom walks. But I do count to 100 & sing songs. Also, as you can see....we often hold hands. Ok, we did....before Lena got her OBSESSION with Nala's leash. Seriously...even if she falls asleep you can't pry it from her hands. 

The other, is our daily naps. Lena is getting better at napping in her own bed and we only have to hear her scream for a bit. Every once in a while she 'suckers' mom into holding her and maybe we all get a nap in!

All right, next time I'll tell you about my birthday (ok, let's be real - probably Heidi's too). Well, for sure about me starting pre-school!

Heidi, Amelia, & Lena OUT!





No comments:

Post a Comment