
She may be right there. Anyway...I'm SEVEN. My 7th birthday also coincided with Heidi's first day at her new pre-school. See I share. Do you see my dabbing rainbow unicorn shirt? Pretty cool, right? Mom didn't get me the shirt I wanted in time, so Amazon to the rescue. I have discovered I can pick out things and they come like the next day. Side note, I have also discovered I can ask google about anything. I don't know what all of you old people did before all this technology. Speaking of technology, when being told again - ie. every day - to scoot my chair in, I decided life would be much easier if there were electric chairs that did it for me. Great idea, right? (dad calls it laziness, I call it a great invention in the making). 7 year old entrepreneur right here. I digress.....You can see my video below answering my yearly birthday questions!
We get to go out to dinner to celebrate our birthdays, of which I have been waiting all year for. You see, I love buffets....mom does not, so I patiently waited till the big day. I ended up picking a new place, Cinzettis which was an Italian buffet - and boy was it yummy. Grandma Elmo made it to town the next day to help celebrate and brought us our birthday presents. I love presents. Mom says too much so, but whatever. New things to play with are awesome. We had fun doing our crafts with her. We love all things crafty. In fact, we are currently making our Halloween costumes. Oh yeah, way more fun than picking one out at the store.I think being 7 is pretty cool and look forward to doing big kid things. 1st grade has been going well, I am now reading chapter books and giving myself math quizzes. Mom had a conference with my teacher and confirmed I am just as great as she thought. Ha. You are funny, sis. I mean, I do think she is pretty darn great. But believe me, she has her areas of improvement. Like maybe to play what I want sometimes. It is always Amelia's way. She tries to say she 'shares' by sleeping with me the past few months, but I think she secretly loves it as much as I do.

Ok. Let's discuss me now. As she said, I started my new preschool on Amelia's birthday. I felt like such a big girl with a big backpack. I really like it. The teachers and all my friends are great. My biggest complaint is that my days aren't long enough there. I like learning, and I like playing with my new friends and just wish I had more time. But, I also like getting to go home and hang out with Lena and mommy. I must say I am quite the good big sis. I know what to do to make her giggle. That is what 5 year olds do. That's right...back to subject at hand. I had a birthday too! On the big day, we got to go to lunch with dad after school. I picked Potbellies. Why? Because....pickles. They have big ones. And I love pickles. Here are a few more of my favorite things in my birthday video.
![]() |
| Enjoying pickles with Papa on their last visit! |


Now that the Royals baseball season is over, we have still been cheering on some baseball teams. I continually tell dad when he has sports on that I like baseball much better than football. Speaking of sports though, while dad says I have some mad t-ball and basketball skills - I'm too little for those. So I started up soccer. Did you know that you run a lot at soccer? I am not really a fan of that. BUT, I actually am pretty good at getting the ball away from others and I did almost score a goal once as you can see in this video. Almost. I did score one my first game. It may or may not have been on purpose.


I also am still doing gymnastics...and getting pretty good at it! Here is a quick bit of me during cartwheels up on stage one day when we went to a park. Kind of funny, that day on the very same stage there was a little girl wearing a Sooners cheerleader outfit. Mom said back in the day there may have been a battle between us...but instead we danced together.

Hey, I have started basketball back up too. Don't forget about me! I keep getting told how great of a ball handler I am. I like dribbling it by everyone down the court and sometimes shooting a basket...or I dish it off to Vivian on my team. We are a good duo. Mom says to not get too big of a head. Whatever. Needless to say our Saturdays have been a little busy lately!
But before all the activities started we did fit in a birthday party! Yay! We got to pick a handful of friends and we went to a nail salon and got pretty nails. Yeah, everyone got to pick their colors and they gave us little massages and we all got flowers! Then after we all walked to the park! I love playing at the park. We also got to have the cupcakes we helped make with mom. Don't you like our little fingernail polish marshmallows? I had so much fun doing those. I love helping in the kitchen whenever I can. We also opened presents



Hey, Lena here. Feeling left out so far. I thoroughly enjoyed all of their birthday celebrations. Why you ask? Dessert. Oh, how I love cake, ice cream, any of that yumminess! The last month or so for me has been good. No major updates. I have fully mastered the butt scoot. And after the last trip to the doctor and listening to mom yet again complain about my 'lack of motivation' I decided to throw them a bone and prove that I can in fact stand up. I still really don't care to do it much unless there is something super interesting to look at. I'll get there....it's just the more I stand the likelihood of falling. And well, that idea is not fun. Speaking of falling, I took a big one a few weekends back during a family bike ride. After a trip to urgent care, then the ER, I got the all clear and a pat on the back for wearing my helmet. Mom on the other hand has been told she doesn't get to take me on her bike anymore. Well sis, I am getting pretty good at riding a bike so soon enough you can ride by yourself in the pull with dad. Yep, I have mastered my balance bike and LOVE going out on rides around the neighborhood daily. We took the training wheels off my big bike, so I am getting close to getting that mastered. Then I can ride all around with Amelia. And yes, I am 2 years ahead of her on learning to ride!



Ok, i am sure we are missing out on other key updates but this has to eventually end right? Here are a few more pics mainly of the littles while I'm at school. They get to go on walks, play games, go to fun places, help mom clean - not cool. Ok....I did get to join in on some fun too. Like going to the pumpkin patch, our last Royals game of the season (where we got an unlimited pass to the outfield games!), and to our high school football game. Ok, I guess I get to do some things. Enjoy the pictures.







![]() |
| I hit the target on my 1st throw! |



Mom finally loaded snapchat so we had fun playing around...

We are OUT!












No comments:
Post a Comment