Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6/14/2011

I had a pretty good week last week.  I got back into a good napping routine at school and I have been working (albeit slowly) at getting to be more on the move.  As expected, my report card from school shows that I still have a lot of work to do in the 'movement' category, but I have mastered most all the other things months ago.  Back to dad's statement of me being an engineer over an athlete, I guess.  Thought I would include some videos below of the latest in these categories.  More of me mastering the rings (b/c I am that good), and one of my mom catching me on video actually getting to sitting position.  I guess this is something I am suppose to do (along with crawling), but neither of them are all that appealing. 








picnic in the park


Wednesday was my big day last week.  Why you ask?  Well 1. it was time for my 9 month old check up!  The minute I sat down on the all too familiar white paper at the doctors office, I knew this wasn't going to be fun.  But I was pleasantly surprised by this visit.  It was real low key she just listened to me breathe, checked out my mouth, ears, etc. and I did the usual growth checks.  No shots!!!  Let me tell you that made me quite happy.  Yes, in case you are wondering, I exceeded expectations.  I weighed in at a whopping 16lbs 10oz, which puts me in the 12 percentile..right on track!  I am 27 inches tall so still pretty avg. there and my head is 17.5 inches which is the 65 percentile.   I guess now I understand why I got the sea turtle reference from Jason.  Click here for the updated chart info.   Doc said everything looks good and she said not to be worried yet about me not crawling, that I am just a "content & cautious" child, so hopefully that will get mom off my back (well actually off my knees) for a while!  I just like to ensure that I can do something good before getting started.  :) When we got home from the doctor I was pleasantly surprised yet again, by a visit from my friend's Tyler & Sarah!  They came over and ate some Runza with mom & dad.  I think they liked it!  I haven't seen them for quite a while so it was so awesome to talk to them and show them my toys and how good I am.  We had a lot of fun, it seemed to me that they were talking a lot about babies (I am sure that was all about me)...and looking at books- but I did my best to distract them with my flashy smile.  Of course mom totally slacked and took no pictures of us.  She seriously slacked last week with the picture taking.  I guess I will have to start pushing dad a bit.

Global Day of Prayer



Luckilly she made up for it by taking pictures this weekend.  Mom, Marley, & me went to Loose park on Saturday to enjoy the beautiful weather.  It was great...I hung out in my stroller and just sang while mom and Marley walked all around.  Whenever I caught a glimpse of Marley, I'm pretty sure she was looking wantingly at my stroller hoping for a ride too.  She is such a wimp, it was nice out.  We were checking out the geese when dad showed up!  He ended up getting off the OT work he had to do a bit early so he joined us for a picnic in the park!  What fun.  They ate Jimmy Johns while I enjoyed some mac n' cheese.  Marley laid down and panted.
Sunday was another fun day.  I participated in my first Global Day of Prayer at the new Livestrong Park in KCK.  It was pretty awesome with lots of cool music that we sang and danced to.  I even got to quickly see my friends the Bodenstabs and Indellicates!  We were hoping to meet up with friends afterward for some dinner, but it started getting a bit late and hot...so we took off and headed home for my nightly bath and bed.  Next time I guess.




Yes, Ava got the memo to wear polka dots!
Yesterday started off like any normal day at school until it was time to go home.  Surprise...Ava came along to hang out!  Sweet.  What a fun night it was.  I showed her my toys and jumper (she was totally jealous), we both ate dinner, did some dancing with dad, reading with mom, and even took a bath together.  I must say it was pretty fun sitting in the big tub with her, it made splashing in the water that much more fun!  Mom & dad said that since we are only 3 days apart they got the feel of what it would be like to have twins.  Not too bad......for a few hours!!  All in all we had a lot of fun, of course I have lots of pictures to prove that! 
What are you doing with my squirt toy?!

Ok, I'm off to bed - I have had a nagging cough that likes to come on strong at night, so I'm a bit more sleepy.  Amelia OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment