2 words. I'm MOBILE! Watch out world. Yep, I finally gave in and showed mom & dad that I really can crawl last Wednesday when we got home from swim lessons. Which by the way, I enjoyed quite a bit more than usual. I am starting to get a bit more use to the cold water, probably didn't hurt that I had 2 great naps at school that day. I think I had a better time than my friend Maddie, because she puked in the pool! Ooops... Luckily I was on my way out, so dad sheltered me from seeing it too much. Don't worry, pretty sure she wasn't sick. I think she just took in a bit too much water, because she was totally happy and smiling!
Anyway, back to the biggest news of crawling. This crawling this isn't half bad. If I really want to get to something, and I can go get it myself and not wait for mom & dad. I can also go hang out with them if they are in the kitchen cooking, etc. At first, I was sticking to the carpet in the living room - which I think mom and dad liked, but I figured out that I don't mind crawling around on the wood floor - so now the whole house is game. Sweet! I really don't venture too far - no real need - but I sure can if I want to. Watch out Marley!! Although, I still have some work to do in the speed department. Now the biggest problem I have found with this being mobile thing, is I just can't seem to stop. It use to be that when I went to bed, I didn't move an inch once I got down. However the last few nights, mom and dad have found me all over the bed. This would be ok with all of us, but somehow during my moving I get myself all stuck in the stupid slats in my crib. I woke up completely stuck the other night...and after mom FINALLY came downstairs to save me, she found me butt up with both of my legs dangling outside the crib. Not my idea of fun. Realistically, I can make no promises that I will stay still at night - so I am hoping they figure out something out pronto! I put some videos of me in action for proof.
| checking out the polar bear |
Saturday was a really nice day outside, so after a good morning nap we decided to go lunch on the plaza. Little did we know that there would be a gazillion people there and nowhere to park. We opted to go up the street a bit to Spin Pizza. Of course I don't care where we go (like I said...'go with the flow'), but I had fun. We then got back in the car and headed to the zoo. Yep, this was mine (actually all of ours) first trip to the KC Zoo. Truthfully, I was underwhelmed...but mom and dad said I have to hang out at this zoo for a few years and then we will get to go to the real cool zoo in Omaha! We visited the Polar bear. Pretty cool...he was huge. It was like a big monster doing flips in the water. We then walked around "Australia" and looked at other animals; monkeys, tigers, kangaroos, etc. I don't remember a lot of it, because I started getting so hot that it made me real sleepy. When mom woke me up to go back in the car, I noticed I left a huge wet (sweat) mark in my stroller. Darn both mom & dad for giving me the 'sweating' gene. I am doomed.
| Mom says I am a genius because I have mastered putting the circle puzzle piece as well as my circle block in the right holes. Dad says when I follow it up with trying to put a square in the same whole, I still have some room to grow. Speaking of growing yes, I am wearing the same onesie I wore back in October but it is just a bit tighter! |


No comments:
Post a Comment