Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6/21/2011



Hey...how's it hanging?
Amelia here...I am going to go ahead and jump right into this thing.  Starting on last Wednesday.  Dad picked me up and instead of going home we ended up at the swimming pool again.  I don't remember being told that this is a reoccuring thing.  Don't get me wrong, it is nice to see my friend Maddie & Tatum, but I really don't think this swimming thing is for me.  Mom says maybe it is the same phenomenon as my lack of desire to move (the whole overly cautious thing), I just know that the water is cold and it is loud.  They try to get me to blow bubbles.  Seriously?  I see my friends dipping down and blowing bubbles (or more often swallowing the water), and it really does not look all that appealing.  I don't think I will ever be hungry enough to want to put my mouth in there.  Mom says I will eventually learn to hold my breath and have fun.  I keep telling them that my idea of fun is jumping, swinging, and spinning in my jumper (I'll try to post a video soon of me spinning - mom says she gets sick just watching me - WEAK).  Dad tells me I need to buck up on this swimming thing and that I better not be this way when it comes to riding roller coasters. 
hold me tight mom!


I have been a bit more on the move lately, but apparently I'm not officially 'crawling'.  I make my way across the room - when desired - but I do it very slow and steady (like everything) that no one even realizes when or how I got from one place to the other.  I have a feeling my stealth like moves could come in handy one day.  Perhaps in my teenage years.  I have mastered waving bye and clapping (my hands finally), we are working on blowing kisses and acting like a monkey.  Huh?
Ready for summer, sporting my cute
outfit grandma Janice brought back
for me from Malaysia!

This weekend was a quiet one again as dad was on call for work.  So that means we have to stick fairly close to home.  We went to Houlihans (surprise) for dinner on Friday night.  Where I enjoyed my dinner and realized i am NOT a fan of spinach and artichoke dip.  Really I am a creature comfort girl, not real interested in any new foods that I am given.  But I'll take the old standbys (sweet potatoes, carrots, Cheese puffs) any day!  Although, I did recently try a goldfish cracker, I'm thinking i will let those stay in my repetoire - not too bad.  Still don't like fruit and am not thrilled when they try to sneak it into anything.


so maybe I shouldn't try and play paddy cake in the water
Back to the weekend.  Mom & dad decided that I have so much fun (not!) at swimming lessons, why not bring the pool to us.  Ugh.  I guess they figure practice makes perfect.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea of getting into this new pool...especially since it is too little for mom or dad to join me, but I actually thought this one was pretty fun.  First of all it is a big crab - cool.  Secondly, it really is just like one of my baths...but with a little cooler water.   I hung out in there while mom and dad drank a couple of beers, if this sounds a little trailer park (nothing against anyone who lives in a trailer park, but come on this is what you see in trailer parks) it was, dad had his shirt off, wow it was bright.  Sorry dad, but you need a tan.  The rest of the night was pretty low key for me, I think after I went to bed mom and dad started a fire outside.  Sunday was fathers day so I let dad sleep in for an extra hour, he was happy when he came down stairs and found me signing his card.  I gave him some new slippers, since he said that I wore his old ones out from walking me around all those nights.  I also gave him a picture of me that has me talking (saying dada).  It has magnets on it so he can stick it in his work van and here my voice anytime he wants too.  He was very happy with his presents.  We then went to church and on the way home dad's friend Chris called up and said that they were in town and wanted to stop by and see me and the house.  So Chris, Carmen, and his three kids stopped by for a visit.  We grilled some hot dogs and hamburgers and other good stuff.  It sure was nice meeting them.  All in all a very good weekend.    We'll see what's in store for this next week!

Here is a video of me playing with dad today when I got home from school
Dad says I can't get my legs any farther apart.  I'll show him!
chillin with Carmen, Hazel, & Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment