 |
| Mom was getting frustrated with me - apparently I didn't pose for her like I was suppose to! |

7-11 kind of fun. Apparently I could get a free slushie at 7-11 today, but mom says that I can't have that much sugar yet...that and we would probably get shot. So needless to say, no free slurpie for me. It has almost been a week now, but I turned 10 months old! Crazy huh? I feel like time is going so fast, I got to take my usual pictures with Marley and my sign and then headed off to school. I had another day where I chose to not drink one of my bottles. Mom & dad were not real thrilled with me, so I shaped up the rest of the week. I blame Miss Martha for taking a couple days of vacation. She wasn't there and it just threw me all off. Dad came and picked me up a bit early for swim lessons yet again. This time we actually talked the teacher into bringing the whole class outside...I think the other kids were happy with the warmer water too. I was having so much fun, we decided it was time for me to make the dive and fully submerge underwater. I didn't mind it at all....I knew dad was there to keep me safe!
Thursday and Friday were much better at school with Martha back...I like being one of the 'big' kids now. Well maybe not bigger than some, how about one of the 'mobile' kids! Mom picked me up both days because dad has been really busy with work - something about the casino starting on fire, or that is what I heard. Mom tried to catch me on video on Friday because she thinks it is fun that I get so excited when she (or dad) comes to pick me up. They especially like my 'excited' sounds. Whatever it gives me lots of hugs and kisses, so I'll keep doing it!
 |
| check me in action |
 |
| checking out Heidi |
Friday night we did enjoy a dinner out at... Houlihans...shocker. Pretty soon they will just start calling out my name, aka Cheers. This time was great, I tried so many new things including some steak and tomatoes! I scarfed down most everything and loved it. Apparently my tummy didn't quite agree with my tastebuds though...maybe tomatoes are not so good. Saturday morning dad came down to find me sleeping in my puke. Oops! They don't understand why I don't wake up when this happens, but I am so use to coughing all the time at night - I just learn how to roll over and around till I feel better. Speaking of that, I now often sleep on my tummy. I know, who would have ever thought that after my months of protesting said 'tummy time'...but I have found that when I get a cough attack, I do better when I roll over. I'm all good until mom comes in and tries to roll me back on my back. She will learn...as that won't last long. Anyway, back to Saturday. I proceeded to get sick again (all over mom) once again in the AM...but then my tummy felt better to enjoy the rest of the day. I did some good playing and then after lunch, I joined mom & dad for a trip to Lowes and to the grocery store. I hung out in the bjorn the whole time and had a blast. Not long after we got back home I saw Marley getting all excited because there was someone at our door. I was all good and then I realized it was Miss Heidi (Martha's daughter) sitting next to me. I kind of lost it. I know, I know...I'm 10 months, I should be a big girl....but I put 2 and 2 together and I knew I was use to seeing Heidi in school, which meant mom & dad were leaving me. Dad had to walk around with me a bit to calm me down, as I couldn't calm down my sobs. He then let me go play with Heidi and I remembered how much I like her and figured this may not be so bad of a deal at all. By the time mom & dad walked out of the house, I had a hard time breaking away from my toy to say bye-bye. I guess they went and enjoyed a soccer game at the new fancy stadium. I think I got the better end of the deal. I had fun playing with her for a while, then it was dinner time. Getting some food in my tummy just knocked me out, so I tuckered out and Heidi put me to bed at 6:30. I guess dad was worried that meant he was going to be getting up super early Sunday morning, but that wasn't the case at all. I finally woke up a little after 7am when I heard him moving around. Talk about a great night sleep!

Yesterday was a fairly normal Sunday...after breakfast we got dressed and made the drive to church. After all that sleep, I didn't find a need to take a nap on the way so I sang and played in the backseat as well as doing a little something else. Surprise...Blow out time! Mom unbuckled me to head inside, thought she smelled something - and then lifted me up to find poo coming out everywhere. It was quite the site watching people watching dad hold me out in front of him and walk through church. I actually thought this newfound way of being carried was kind of fun, but mom & dad didn't look so happy. Mom got poop on her dress and dad was feeling it drip down on his feet while we walked. Ooops! Needless to say I had a big cleaning and a wardrobe change once I got to daycare. All of that wore me out, so after calming down a bit (that darn separation anxiety) and saying hi to my bff Ava....I ended up taking a little snooze while mom & dad worshipped. Sunday was the beginning of our 'excessive heat warnings' around here so for the most part we hung around the A/C house. But dad eventually decided he was fed up and going to clean mom's dirty car...so he was nice enough to fill up my crab pool for some playtime in the front yard. I had a blast. I got some new bath toys that I had fun throwing out of the pool for mom to pick up and i even loved playing with the sprinkler that came out of my pool. Even when it squirted me in the face. Good times...

In other exciting news, I checked off another developmental task yesterday. Yep, I 'pulled self to stand'. I'm pretty sure this new found skill is going to come in mighty handy! AMELIA OUT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment