Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7/19/2011

Time for another update all about ME.  I know you love it....  The problem with waiting 8 days since my last post, is trying to remember back that far.  Apparently there wasn't anything TOO exciting going on last week, because nothing is hitting me here.  I have told you guys before about my personal space (bubble)...well, much to dad's dismay, I have opened that up for one special friend.  Yep, I'm crushing on a younger guy at school right now.  His name is Tiago and he is a few months younger than me, but you would never know it by looking at him.  Pretty sure he is going to be a football player.  Anyway, we have become good friends...so much so, that i cried the other day when his mommy came to pick up to go home.  The next day he gave me a big hug (totally in my bubble), but I was a ok with it!  Again, not so sure about dad though.  Other than that, things have stayed pretty much the same...I'm totally on the move discovering new parts of the house and making it clear to mom and dad that the floor needs cleaned a bit more often.  Apparently black knees are not in.

Mom?  Who are these other kids on your lap?!

They may be cute...but look how wide I can open my mouth!
I'm just going to jump to the weekend and the fun.  Well, actually it didn't start out fun.  After I got home from school and ate a quick dinner i was told we were going for a ride to grandma's in Lincoln.  It's been a while since I've been there...but from what I remembered the drive wasn't bad.  Well, what I forgot was they had mentioned that the roads were closed due to flooding so we would have to go a new way.  Boo...  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the people that live in those areas and have wet houses or farms are much more sad than me, but I was not thrilled with a 4 1/2 hour drive to Lincoln.  Actually, I took the extended drive better than mom and dad.  I did make them stop once though - we stopped in Auburn so I could get out of my stinky pants and have some milk before zonking back out.  Mom said it was the first time she had been in Auburn for decades (that is where my Grandpa McLain is from!).  We eventually made it to grandma's house.  I was exhausted and had a quick snack and went straight to bed.  Even with my weird sleeping schedule, I was up and ready to go at 6 am on Saturday - per the usual.  Dad was hoping that I would sleep in a bit more I guess (and when I say Dad I really mean Mom).  I was a little gunshy when I first saw grandma, but I quickly warmed up and remembered how much fun I have with her.  We played a bit in the AM, but then I got in the car with mom and we headed over to her friend Sarah's house.  There I got to meet her TWO baby girls that turned 4 months old that day, Eloise and Anabel.  Apparently they came out just a week after I was home last time, so this was the first I got to meet them.  They sure were nice, after I warmed up to them - I had a great time playing with ALL of their toys.  Boy did they have some fun stuff, it sure was nice of them to share.  I guess there are 2 of them that is why they get so many.  All I know is I wish we lived closer so I could go over and play more often.  They are already doing lots of big girl stuff (i.e. rolling over), so I'm sure next time I see them they will totally be ready to play even more.  Mom kept saying they were so tiny.  I don't hear that from her much about anyone but me.  I won't comment on their size, but boy oh boy did they have some hair.  Seriously I am over twice their age..and they have WAY more than twice the hair than me.  Oh well, as you see - I still can rock the bald look!  Mom says maybe one day I will get to travel the world with them like she has done with their mommy.  Sounds pretty cool to me.
Thanks for holding my hand too Anabel


After playing with A & E I went back to grandmas for a nap and some lunch.  I also got to play in the pool in her backyard oasis.  It was a lot of fun, but the pool wasn't big enough for mom and she said she was way too hot to sit outside any longer, so I eventually had to stop playing and get ready to head out - to another friends house.  Man am I on the go when I am in Lincoln.  We went and saw the Noecker's.  I immediately liked BJ - no shyness with him.  He just had that way about him, you know.  So I hung out with him for quite a while and listened to everyone catch up.  Tess & Norah came to play with me - Tess even sang me a song or two.  They are so pretty and nice, hopefully I will get to see them again sometime.  Dad was busy playing games with Kaiden and mom was chit chatting away so I don't have a lot of pics to show, but trust me it was fun!  After hanging with them I went back home to chill more with Grandma.  We played a bit and even practiced taking some steps!  I guess mom & dad went out to enjoy some Indian food with BJ, apparently I'm not old enough to get any of that stuff yet.

Sunday morning was pretty low key, which was nice.  Then we went out to lunch - and surprise Grandpa McLain was there with his friend Nancy.  We all sat at the table and had a nice lunch, dad eventually picked me up to play with me and then I tried to go to grandpa but my separation anxiety kicked in full force.  Sorry gramps,  I just needed a little more time and cuddling - I would have totally warmed up a bit more.  Next time for sure!

sure, I'll hold your hand all day....just as long as I can hold onto dad
with the other!

So as you can see all in all a good/productive trip.  By the way, the trip home was much better.  I think we made it in under 4 hours..not sure though since I only remember playing for 45 minutes and then sleeping and waking up a little before we hit town to play a bit more.  We have come to the conclusion that I am probably better in the car than mom & dad.  I guess we'll find out as I hear there are some more road trips planned in the near future.  Until then...I'm truckin' through another (HOT) week here.  So trying to stick inside and stay cool.  Lots of the same ole...Oh yeah, one more thing... tooth #6 has finally popped through so I am getting better and better at partaking in big girl meals.  Both at school and home.  I had some chicken and black beans tonight....both quite good, I must say!  Although full tummy, makes for a sleep girl.  Amelia OUT!
Yay!!!  I moved my feet.  :)


Ummm...Marley, isn't that my pillow???

No comments:

Post a Comment