Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 15, 2011

8/15/2011

Enjoying dinner tonight.  I had my own grilled cheese sandwich!  May be a new favorite!

Ava, Violet, & I trying out the stroller.  Talk about extreme differences
in hair!
Rennick wanted in on the action
Well to start off, the family is feeling much better since I last blogged.  Everything is getting back to normal after all of the vacations.  Week started off with the usual, back to daycare.  I've noticed that the temperature has been a little cooler, because we started taking walks at night again, which is awesome.  I get to look around and even nap if I am tired.  I don't know why Dad is breathing hard when we get home, I find it quite relaxing all kicked back in my stroller.  On Wednesday, Dad picked me up from daycare and instead of going home we headed over to Andy and Shelly's new house.  It sure was a nice house with cool toys for me to play with, when Ava and Violet let me play - and I was willing to break away from mom and dad's sides, that is.  We - well I - had hamburgers, goldfish, and cookies.  I got to see my old friends Violet & Rennick that I haven't seen in awhile.  We must of been there for something - I kept hearing talks about twins - all I know is someone got a lot of diapers, wipes, and a three person stroller.  Which I got to sit in with my buds.  Really cool.  I'm just bummed we didn't get to take the thing around the block! 

lunch with Stephanie
Thursday and Friday were pretty normal except the "Marley incident" which I will not get into for your sake.  Let's just say she has decided that my pretty white carpet is the backyard.  Saturday Dad had to go and do some work in the morning, so Mom and I went down to the plaza for lunch with Stephanie.  Cheesecake factory mac and cheese, yum yum.  We had a great time, I haven't seen Stephanie in a while so it was great catching up with her and flashing my pearly whites at her.  I think she was impressed with my ability to put down some carbs.  She on the other hand ate a salad.  Veggies...I just don't get  it.  Saturday night (and when I say night, I mean around 4:30), after my nap, we went to Kansas Sampler to get me some Husker gear.  That's right, just a few weeks away!  They didn't have much for me, but mom hooked herself up with a new t-shirt.  Dad of course was too tight to get one, and said that he could wear his 5 year old t-shirts again.  He did buy me a football that sings the Husker song if you hit it hard.  It is pretty cool.  Next year I get to get a super cool tracksuit that they apparently don't make in my size now.  After shopping we went to Outback to use a giftcard that we had at the house for awhile.  I love the bread there and the burgers were pretty good too, but the sweet potato fries were my favorite by far. 




I tried out the 'beach' at the pool, but wasn't so sure about it
That's right...I'm a climber.
On Sunday we did the usual - church, lunch, and long walk which led to long nap for me and Dad.  After nap we went swimming, it was great.  The weather was perfect, not alot of people there so we had the pool all to ourselves.  As you can see from the pictures we had fun.  That is about it for now, Oh wait I have some other news.  I have my official 'first word'.  Ball.  I know - I like to throw a wrench in dad's plans.  I have heard him say over and over that I'm not the athlete 'type' and I will be an engineer...so I figured I would make my first word "Ball" instead of "Design", "Build", "Blueprint" etc.  Yes, I have been saying mama and dada regularly - and for the most part I know who I'm talking about..but sometimes I switch things up.  Maybe just to keep them on their toes and guessing!  Also, I have been climbing stairs like crazy, it might be the most fun thing I have done in my short life.  When I get to the top I am exhausted and usually just lay down.  Dad said it would be like him climbing 10 flights of stairs.  I am good at it though, I haven't gone down yet, I try to fall backwards to get down, but Dad said not good idea.  Amelia Out!
Who is the big girl who can stand and drink?  That's me!

Here is a video of some fun at the pool for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment