Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

8/22/2011



climbing queen

Another week has come and gone, so time for an update.  I am not sure I have any earth shattering updates or stories, but i had a good week all in all.  Mom says I have become much more of a dare devil.  You turn your head on me and I am trying to 'run' up the stairs or climb something.  Unfortunately Miss Martha caught some pics of me at school climbing on the bumbo, swing, etc. so there was no sneaking that by mom & dad. 

I also am really intrigued with Marley lately....especially when she has one of her 'spaz' attacks or is in the playful mood.  Sometimes we play some tug-of-war with my (now her) toys but she usually wins.  Soon enough, my friend, soon enough.  When I am in the mood to play i try to bark at her and then chase her...most of the time she gets up and goes to the other side of the room.  So I just bark again and chase her again...as you can probably guess this is really fun.  Well for me at least.  Speaking of Marley...she was bound to the breezeway for most all of last week.  She eventually got some medicine and is now back to normal.  Dad says that she costs him more than me.  I think I need to work on that, that doesn't seem right.  I hear my birthday is coming up dad...maybe you can play some catch up! 
What?  I'm a bit busy eating right now..

This weekend was pretty low key, we had some crazy storms Thursday and Friday night.  Or so I heard...I slept like a baby (pun intended) through the whole thing.  While apparently mom & dad took shelter downstairs in fear that the neighbors oak would once again decide to fall but this time on them while they slept.  I guess we were pretty lucky as most of the people near our neighborhood lost power (some for >24 hrs!) and I saw one house with a tree through the roof on the way to school!  Friday night we went up the street to Houlihans for a yummy meal.  I had some Mac N'Cheese...can't go wrong there.  I also thoroughly enjoyed the lahvosh.  Saturday AM after breakfast we headed to the farmers market again.  It was a nice day so that was fun...but mom seemed quite unhappy.  Apparently her pasta people weren't there so she had to suffice with some other goodies.  I love pasta too, so I understand her disappointment.  We really didn't do much else.  Enjoyed a walk, dinner at D'Bronx and the usual books, bath, bed.  Have I told you how much I LOVE reading?  I could do it all night.  Mom & Dad...not so much.  That's OK because I love bath just as much.




Sunday was fun.  We went to church which is always good and then had a nice morning/afternoon at home with the fam.  I was due for one of my good catch up weekend naps so I took a 2 hour snooze in the afternoon when I woke up we got back in the car.  Much to my pleasant surprise we were going to my BFF Ava's house!  Per the usual, I was a bit shy when I got there - but it didn't take too long to warm up to everyone once I saw all the cool toys that Ava had.  It was like going to school, lots of things to play with.  Although, i pretty much stuck with the toys that I am familiar with...you know, rings, balls, & blocks.  Can't get enough of them!  But I did find a few new things to try and take a swing at.  Speaking of taking a swing. Ava had some sweet golf clubs...but apparently I have to be a bit more steady on my feet till I can put a toy like that to good use.  We had a lot of fun talking and playing.  We even got to get changed to our swimsuits (which by the way totally matched - tutu's rock!).  She had a fun pool...with a slide!  Oh AND I got to have my first hot dog.  Which I put down quite quickly I must say.  I thought it was good...but while I was enjoying my nightcap at home, mom said that I may not get them again any time too soon because she wasn't thrilled with the outcome.  She kept plugging her nose and talking about "SBD's". 


Today was good.  I now clap in the mornings when mom pulls up to school.  I sure do have fun there.  Ava and I kind of rule the place...you know queens of the room.  Every once in a while we stop to give one of the little ones a head pat, but that's about it.  I got the official go ahead from the doc to start drinking real (whole) milk, apparently you are suppose to be 1...but I guess I am close enough!  Still TBD but considering I LOVE yogurt and cheese....I guess I am a dairy girl.  Well, behind my protein and carbs that is. Ok, I think that is it for now.  Amelia OUT



No comments:

Post a Comment