Wow, time has really got away from me as of late. I think I am just so busy enjoying my final few days before turning the big O-N-E that I don't have the energy to sit down and update you all in the evenings. So here goes my condensed version of the past week.
Starting with a key item. I had my first kiss yesterday. Yep, you read that right. Tiago and I were playing one minute and the next we just felt something and went for it. Unfortunately for Tiago, my teacher happened to catch it on camera. Needless to say dad had a few words with my friend. We tried to explain that it was purely innocent and it looked way worse than it was....but dad said it was his job to keep me in line. So apparently no more of these kisses, accidental or otherwise, until I am much older. We'll see.



Saturday we did some shopping early in the AM for some food and party supplies. Yep, that's right...i have been told there is a party in my honor coming up this weekend. I haven't decided if that excites me or makes me a bit nervous. Not sure about this center of attention thing. Stay tuned I guess. Mom then left dad and I to play together while she went out shopping all afternoon, I heard her talking about Steph's wedding - but I don't know what all the stress was about. Whatever, dad and I had so much fun together. Then after I took a long nap we actually got to go to Evan & his new baby brother Zach's house for a BBQ. Everyone was there including Avery, Maddie, Mason, and all their parents. I had a good time, the burger was super tasty and I even sat (on the table - which apparently was not where I should be) and played ball with Dondi & Kelli. I was the only one not walking/running around so I spent more time hanging with the fam while all the other kids played outside. That's ok...I'm cool with that.
Let's see...what else. Tooth #7 has come through and I am working on a few more. I have been having a lot of fun walking around with my push toy, I do pretty good if I do say so myself. Apparently mom and dad have decided that I am getting so good that it warrants finally wearing shoes. So we took a trip to do some shopping where I got officially sized up for a pair of good walking shoes. I felt pretty special getting my very own pair and then both mom and dad scored a pair too. Enjoy a couple videos below...one of me walking with my toy. I have already got much better (i.e. faster) than when this video was filmed!
The second is me going up and down the stair in mom & dad's closet. I think I've shown you the video of how I love to go up the flight of stairs, but this is really fun too!
 |
| it may not look comfy, but I was OUT |
Last night some new lady came over to our house after dinner. She was from a program called "Parents as Teachers". I guess they come and play with me and check to see that I am progressing as I am suppose to and gives them ideas of games we can play. She seemed really nice, she didn't scare me at all. I am beginning to realize that new people aren't so bad after all. She told mom and dad that my problem solving skills and fine motor skills are quite advanced...and to not worry that I am right on track with my large motor skills and speaking (I'm pretty sure I could tell them that, but whatever), I had a lot of fun playing with her and showing her my toys. I guess she'll be back in a couple months, so we'll see if I have more updates then. She wore me out that is for sure! Here are a couple more pics from the week...
 |
| Marley kept begging me to let her in |
 |
We went to a yummy fro-yo place that my friend Avery goes to like
every day so I figured it had to be good. She was RIGHT! |
Like I said...rough week. I will do better next time, I promise. Amelia OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment