
Wow, it has been 11 days since my last post. I'll just jump into it. I celebrated my 15 month mark with the usual, a few pictures and going to school. Dad said to get use to it, only 1 year birthdays are to be celebrated. I was then "rewarded" the next day, by a trip to the doctor. Actually I had a lot of fun when I first got there playing on the chalkboard. Dad thought it was fun to scratch his fingernails on it, I on the other hand drew some really cool pictures and wrote my name. Ok, ok...maybe I just underlined my name. Once I got ushered back to the sick rooms though, memories started flooding in and I let everyone know I didn't want to have any of this business. We went through the normal routine and got my stats, charted
HERE. Now apparently I am big enough that they do not need to take off all my clothes to weigh me. I'm good with that. I weighed in at a whopping 21 lbs 1 oz! That keeps me right at 24%. Per their lousy measuring practices I didn't grow up much only a little over a 1/2 inch which dropped me to the 20 percentile, I'm pretty sure I grew more than that...but whatever. Maybe it was more out than up. I'm sure you can relate! After all that fun and the usual questions and prodding around from the doctor, which I really am not a fan of. She told me I'm good to go. So I was thrilled...but wait, that mean nurse came back and gave me FOUR shots. Yes, 2 in each leg. I just looked up at dad wondering why he would let them do this to me. It hurt so bad. I have been told they are to make me stay healthy as I get bigger, but part of me wishes I could just take the chance of not getting anything. Dad thought the same thing after seeing how bad I hurt but then went online and realized no doctor offices will even take kids that don't get immunized. Interesting, huh? Anyway, after dad got me feeling all better I got a sticker and a sucker on the way out. I wasn't real thrilled with either one of these forms of bribery for what i just went through...BUT...I was then rewarded with dinner at Runza! Now that is what I am talking about. I love me some runza's! Yes, I eat a half of one by myself and then am told that I don't need more than that. I savored every bite though, don't you worry.
 |
I love watching things cook in the oven!
|


I don't remember much from the rest of the week, so jumping straight to the weekend. We enjoyed a family favorite dinner out at Houlihans. I passed on appetizers - they brought me carrots - seriously?... And just waited to devour the entire chicken sandwich. Saturday more eating and fun was to be had. First Steph came over for some play time and lunch. I haven't seen in her in months, a couple months before she became a Mrs. as a matter of fact. I don't know if I gave her proper congrats, actually I could have been a bit more friendly/cuddly. I know, I need to warm up to people faster. We did go out and enjoy a girls lunch at Lucky's. I think I impressed Steph with my big girl eating skills. After lunch we came back home so I could take a nap, I was spent and I needed to get some rest. You see my bud Maddie had a Christmas party over at her house. All my usual friends were there, Avery with a super stylin outfit, Mason, Evan, Zach, and even a new kid for a while. They had a big spread of snacks on the table so needless to say that is where you could find me and dad most of the time. Ahh...a chip (yum) off the old block! In fact, dad was getting worried that I was grazing way too much so he took me down to the basement to play with Maddie and her grandpa and forget about the food for a while. There were so many toys to choose from...it was like being a kid in a store! Of course I gravitated toward the familiar blocks and puzzles. Which I mastered her puzzle in a matter of minutes. Yeah, I'm a good matcher like that! She did have a few cool things that I only hope I am lucky enough to score soon for Christmas! Speaking of Christmas, they had a fun gift exchange. Mom and dad got some corny items, but us kids even got to pick gifts. I "scored" a walking/talking puppy dog that scares the begeezers out of me, but Marley finds it fun. And a book, books are always cool. I didn't know until Evan opened it, but dad took my tiger xylophone to give away. What? I don't remember approving this? He says I don't play with it much, but I totally wanted to while we were there - and whose to say I won't in the future? Oh well....I think Evan really liked it (so did Mason, who seemed mighty jealous of the cool gift!)...and I'm told that Christmas is about giving! The other highlight of the party (actually low light) was my first understanding of why my dad doesn't like cats. I figured they were all nice like the neighborhood cat Pippen, so I went to say hi to one of their kittys who was sitting in the chair. He seemed cool enough, totally cute, next thing I know he decided to dig his teeth into my wrist. Luckilly mom was there to immediately swoop me away but not before I got 4 nice puncture wounds to show for it. We ran some water and that made them feel a bit better, the marks now are starting to disappear but they are forever engrained in my brain. Dad gave mom a talking to and she now knows that I am no longer allowed to touch animals other than Marley. Right after my incident, Maddie was running around the corner and did a total wipe out (which looked totally cool, but didn't feel so I good I suspect)...pretty sure we were both feeling the effects of the party and ready to hit the sack. So needless to say, that was the end of our time at the party and I happilly went home to snooze land. Speaking of snooze land, I have been going into hibernation mode lately. Usually going to grab my blanket or head to the bath by 6:45 and eagerly pointing to my bed for someone to put me in there. Mom says she doesn't like only getting an hour with me each day before I go to bed, but a girl needs her beauty sleep. Come 7ish when I am woken up by Marley coming in my room or hearing dad banging around the kitchen, I am bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready for some breakfast! My favorite meal. Ahhh....who am I kidding....every meal is my favorite!
 |
| Evan opening a present, I on the other hand was into the shoes. |
 |
| I was pretty into Evan, following him all around. |
 |
| Before the bite |
 |
| I like the big towers these days |
Sunday's highlight was church and some shopping at a toy store. I guess mom and dad wanted to see what I liked. Of course, I found the closest bag of megablocks and told them to dump them out for me, but none of that was to be had. So we headed over to Boston Market for some lunch. I was NOT happy with the place at first, but dad gave me a little talking to and when I gave in and gave the chicken and Mac N'Cheese a shot, I realized I had nothing to complain about. Now that is some Mac N'Cheese! Yumm!
Mom has been sick this entire week so dad and I have kept our distance, building lego towers, singing, playing, etc. and of course disenfecting. Hopefully things are on the upswing now, so we can have some more fun this weekend! Until then... Amelia OUT!
 |
| sitting back after a good Italian dinner. |
Since I know you enjoy videos...here is one of me reading to dad, nothing exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment