

I thought I would do a bit of blogging before the holiday gets here, as I'm sure I will have lots of pictures and stories to share from that. I have a few things to update you on from the past weekend. The fun started Saturday morning. After a good breakfast, mom took off in her car to go volunteer. Low and behold, dad and I jumped in our call and followed shortly thereafter. Yep, we had a big volunteer event at our church partnering with
Numana where we packaged 141,000 meals for those families starving in the Horn of Africa. It was a ton of fun, there were a lot of people there we all had to wear hair nets...yes, including me. I do have
some hair! There was a job for everyone of all ages, even me. I started to help out dad with the bags of food, and was getting ready to color on the boxes that the food is packaged in, but mom got done doing her job and came to get me so I could run around and play. Alas, my artwork is not going to go global as I once hoped....next time. Hopefully there will be another time, because it was a lot of fun and I'm told ALL the food I saw there, barely makes a dent. There are tens of MILLIONS of people starving there. If you don't know about it,
here are some of many
articles. I guess my temper tantrum I threw this morning (yes, hard to believe....but I did) over being offered yogurt instead of a waffle for breakfast really seems petty. I will
try to remember that....you hear that dad? I will try....but remember I have a pretty short term memory, so I may need to be reminded of the important things here and there! Anyway, after all that fun I was exhausted so dad and I headed back home. I crashed hard on the way back, so hard in fact that I decided I could forego my afternoon nap. When mom got home later in the afternoon she found me singing in my bed and dad pulling his hair out. Apparently, he was not very happy with me not napping. All was good though, the whole family went to the park. Yep, it is that nice out. Where i had a blast surfing down the slide. Yes, I have now decided face first is the way to go. I even raced Marley! She may not have liked it much, but I thought it was fun. I was then told we didn't get to go out to dinner for the night as planned. I guess mom and dad didn't trust that my lack of nap wouldn't catch up with me when we were in public. So we got some take out pizza instead. Win for me! We had a fun night together and all was good with me and my tummy.
Video of going down the slide...
 |
| racing Marley! |
 |
| Sam with his mom & dad |
Sunday we headed back to church, this time I went to play in my usual room with Ava and others while mom and dad went in the big room. Fun, per usual. I did better at napping that day and afterward was rewarded with a visit to meet another new friend! I know, it is hard to keep track of them all. Sam Whetstine, the future Jayhawk, decided his mom couldn't go to her beloved school's basketball game and came into this world on Dec. 1st! He seemed really cool....and SMALL. Actually, I really wasn't all that interested in him, which was good, because it was hard to get mom to put him down, but that's OK because Tyler and I are tight so I got to give him some hugs. I also had fun checking out Sam's rocking Moose and rings that I found in his room. That kid doesn't even know what he has yet! Luckilly, I'm older and wiser and can show him the ways of the world. I look forward to many more opportunities to hang with the lil' guy. After riding his Red Moose, I thought why not go to the Blue Moose for some dinner? But we decided it was a bit too early (even for us) to go eat, so we went home and did some playing with my toys instead. Dad ended up picking us up some Indian for dinner. I am a big fan of garlic naan and chicken masala! Dad says I have eaten more Indian than grandpa Steffen. He doesn't know what he is missing!

 |
Dad liked my present, I think And Yes, I opted to go pantless during our family Christmas. Dad said 'get comfy' |

The other fun news out of this week is my Christmas celebrations have started. We had a Christmas party at school. We drew names and I got a gift for Kallie and I got a super sweet Elmo cell phone from....Kallie...Yep, we had each others names! I think I like this gift thing. Tonight mom, dad, and I opened our gifts to each other. I guess they didn't want to bring the extra boxes on our road trips. I think mom and dad liked what I got them and I got a super sweet wagon that holds all my blocks. Duh....of course I love it. Hopefully I get to take some of these with me to Nebraska! Until then....Amelia OUT!
 |
| I got a slinky too. It is totally fun |
 |
| Marley got a new toy raccoon. We both like it! |
 |
| I'm a big fan of reading these days...even mom's UNL magazine isn't too dry for me! |
No comments:
Post a Comment