| check out the outfit grandma Janice made for me! |
Where does time go? I guess I have been enjoying this unseasonably warm weather so much as of late that I have lost track of my blogging requirements. Yes, it is the end of January and except for a few cold days last week, you would think it was spring. In fact, our tulips think just that. As I was playing outside yesterday, I found that they are all popping up. I'm thinking that is not good.I am again going to give a summary of some of the highlights.
- Lots of trips outside. Including walks with Marley...and the most fun one was on MLK day mom picked me up (after she got a nice relaxing massage while thanking MLK JR for all that he did) and we went to the park. Not alone though....Ava and her mommy also came! We tried out a new place so I wasn't sure what to expect. Turns out, it was awesome. They had ducks! And lots of fun things to climb, slide, swing on....although there were a lot of others out enjoying the nice weather too. They also had an entire play town that we had fun exploring. We even got put in jail....uh oh. I'm sure it was Ava! Actually, as you can see, I didn't mind so much!


![]() |
| I've become quite the poser for the camera lately |
- Linda from Parents as Teachers came for another visit. I heard mom and dad asking her questions on the fact that I don't say any words yet. As per other visits, I decided if they are that concerned about my 'progress' I would throw the poor things a bone. So I have now successfully added a couple other words to my vocabulary (when desired of course). Along with hi, dad, etc. I now say up, hat, dog, and apparently....diaper. I think that is enough to suffice them for a while, so I am planning on going back to the 'strong-silent' method.
- Speaking of...I may be silent, but a girl knows what she wants. Last night's example.... I did have intentions on writing the blog yesterday, but i was just so tired. I tried to show my unobservant parents by being less than chipper, but they didn't get it. A little after 6, I had another 'frustrated moment' aka tantrum...so they started asking me questions. Do you hurt? I told them no. Do you want to play with your blocks? No again Do you want to take an early bath? No...(which is a bit surprising I know, as I love baths) Then finally dad asked the golden question. Do you want to go to bed? I made an immediate v-line for my room where dad (after taking his sweet time) found me standing in front of the crib waiting to get in. After a bit more convincing to them that I really did want to go to bed that early and did not want a bath, they let me give them my good night kisses and hit dreamland. Seriously? Is it too much for a girl to ask to go to bed early? And yes...I slept straight until dad needed help with his coffee this AM. (i'll put a video of that in next time!)
- Last but not least highlight for the week was a visit from Grandma Janice (and Sadie, of course). Per usual, it took me a bit to warm up - but then it was back to old times. My early birthday present from her (8 months early!) came the same day. This awesome chair that is made just my size! We had lots of fun, reading books, playing with the dogs, and cleaning. Yep, my carpet has never looked so clean - thanks to the cool steamer grandma let us use! Ok, I just watched dad...but whatever. Us 3 ladies also did some shopping at World Market, where I picked up some real goodies. What? I don't get to enjoy all this wine? Fine...I suppose I will be happy with a Valentines rubber ducky for now. Saturday night I got to spend some quality time with just grandma. As mom & dad went to a fancy dinner at the Plaza. I was totally Ok with it, as we had a lot of fun playing and eating pizza....my favorite! All was good....until about 10 that is. When I suddenly woke up puking. I'm thinking grandma was glad that mom and dad were home by then, because it was a 2 man effort cleaning up, changing sheets, giving me a bath, etc. after all 3 of my incidents! Oops. It sucked for all involved, I'm quite sure I heard dad gagging. Luckilly I got it all out of me and then slept through the rest of the night. Darn that pepperoni. I was fine Sunday and enjoyed spending the morning doing the usual. I even got to hang out with grandma solo again while mom and dad went to church. Which I was told was a super good one to watch one day. I figure so I don't forget I would put it here. Some of you may also enjoy it! http://www.heartlandchurch.org/index.php/media/video 1/22 ). | I tried to tell mom that this would be much better than our ripped leather couch! |
![]() |
| I like to 'help' when we go to the grocery store. I kept bringing these bottles of V8. Don't ever say I don't attempt at getting my veggies in! |
| Not only did grandma make me an outfit, but my very own pillow...that Marley and I fight over! |
That is it for this installment. Amelia OUT!




No comments:
Post a Comment