Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Starting off on the wrong foot




I am 14 days into the new year and this is my first post.  Not a good start at all....but my slacking does allow me to give a shout out to Grandma Steffen as it is her birthday.  I won't even try to make excuses for my delay and just jump into giving you what you want.  Pictures of me!  First of all, you will see that I changed up my color scheme a bit.  Keeping it fresh in the new year.  I can't even attempt to remember everything so I will go through my pictures and see what is worth sharing....and there were over 100 of them, so beware. In no particular order....
looking through all of our christmas cards.  Yes, I liked
the card from my bff Ava
what?  this doesn't look comfortable to you?

  • Let's see - dad made us take all the Christmas decorations down.  The tree still looked so pretty, I hated to see it go...but dad said it would eventually die and make a mess - so that was that.  Our house feels a bit bigger again, which is good for me to spread all my toys all around even further! 
  • Up until today, we have had some great weather so we have made some trips to the park and walks with Marley.  But I'm guessing that is pretty much done now.  Sorry, Marley. 



  • We had a taco dinner night at school.  It was a lot of fun running around and playing with Ava especially in the pews.  I call it 'Green Ghosts in the Sanctuary'...much more my speed than a Graveyard!  A lot of people were there...including Martha!  Whenever I saw her walk by, I had to go running to her.

  • Grandma & Grandpa Steffen made a surprise visit last weekend.  Why you ask?  Well besides seeing me, which I'm sure is always reason enough, they had a truck full of meat for us.  I guess we shared a cow with them.  Hopefully it wasn't one that I saw at Christmas.  I won't think of what I am eating, and just enjoy the yumminess of it all I guess. 
  • enjoying the view
  • Trips to Crown Center.  That's right...trips.  I went New Years day with mom & dad and made my first visit to Fritz's for lunch.  It was super cool...a choo choo train brings your food to the table.  I had so much fun watching it go all around the tracks!  I also went again to show gma & gpa the fun stores there.  I am especially a big fan of the Crayola store, they had lots of fun things for me to look at and play with.  I think i need some of these huge chalk pieces.  We also went outside and watched the ice skaters, I was more impressed with the mini-zamboni, the skaters needed some practice.  They also have some super cool fountains that dance to the music...I loved them.  Mom said when it is nice out i can go join other kids in playing in them!  But as you can see...dad said, why wait?  Running through the fountain in January makes total sense too.  Right?  Don't worry, I didn't get wet!  We topped off our trip with dinner over at Jacks Stack.  Turned out there were other people who thought eating at 5:30 was a good idea, so we sat at the bar and waited for our table and enjoyed some appetizers.  They have AMAZING mushrooms.  They were huge.  The Noeckers told me as much, but I didn't believe them...especially since I don't have much of a liking of vegetables.  Wait?  Is a mushroom a vegetable?  I decided I didn't care, they were yummy.  We filled ourselves up on all that goodness, so got our dinner order to go and enjoyed that at home. 
Aren't the fountains pretty?  See, I didn't get wet.
    there was a conductor made out of Legos.  Apparently
    I still have room to improve on my building skills

    we took a trip to Lowes where I had a lot of fun running
    around, and then I spotted dad and gpa a row over, so I
    figured I would take a short cut!



I decided we should just try to take the chalk home it was
so cool


  • I have to come clean.  I shared with you some time ago when my bff Ava bit me at school.  Well, I returned the favor this past week.  I was quickly informed that this is not acceptable.  I don't know what got over me as I have never had the inkling to do this any other time to anyone.  Mom & dad discussed with me that this is wrong, especially since i have twice the amount of teeth as her!  So I wrote (well helped sign) an apology note and have made promises to not do this again.
  • Minus the biting incident I have been having fun at school lately.  We had spirit week this week where I got to wear my PJ's one day!  I have been learning about lots of animals.  As you can see, my favorite is the fish! 

the game may have been boring, but dad was so comfy!
  • My Huskers must have had a game as I see pics of me wearing my cheerleader outfit, but I have for some reason blocked this from my memories. 
  • I have always enjoyed skyping with folks.  Admittedly sometimes I am a bit too busy to be bothered, but other times I will play along with the grandmas in the picture.  I now discovered that I can see a picture of myself on the screen too, that is fun.  Speaking of that, I am having more fun looking at pictures of people in general.  Dad and I like to look at their wedding album and play the "where's daddy" game.  : )  I now kiss grandma Janice goodbye on skype.  It's not as good as the real thing, but I know she likes it. 
Speaking of saying bye.... Amelia OUT!
This is me doing a bridge - or maybe trying to get up on the chair

Enjoy these random videos mom has taken recently of me doing some things part of my usual day.  Yes, I have a very scheduled day.  If I don't get to help dad out with making his cup of coffee in the morning (yeah, we all like his new Keurig coffee maker), or put my clothes in the laundry, my diaper in the pail, etc. my day is just not complete! 
A quick shot of me pushing Marley:

And playing with her


Putting my dish in the dishwasher
We have to pray before every meal


Getting ready for bath

No comments:

Post a Comment