| just chillin' while the big kids ride the roller coasters |
First...Gma and Gpa came down to KC again for a visit. This time they brought Aunt Rhonda, Jason, Mallorie, Angel (the current addition to Rhonda's family) & her friend Ieva. They came down to see me....oh wait, and to go watch Siera play in the band at Worlds of Fun. Saturday we all made a day of it at the park. It was HOT. I wasn't allowed to ride most of the rides (I need to grow much taller first), but I had to keep mom company anyway as pregnant people can't go on them either. I did however get to ride this fun bus which i really enjoyed, some spinning teacups that gma, dad, and Rhonda joined me on. I think I handled it much better than they did (mom was happy she had an excuse not to ride). I took a nap in my stroller until the loud whistle of the train was just too much for me, so right before we left for the day I took the choo-choo train around the park. That was cool. Outside of that, I don't remember much but there were lots of people.
| riding the train with mom |
I rode the bus!
|
We were getting hot so went home to relax and clean up a bit and then went down to the Plaza for the evening. We did a little bit of shopping before meeting back up with everyone at the Cheesecake factory for some yummy food. Let's just say none of us went hungry. Keeping on the food front, we met back up with everyone one last time Sunday AM at Village Inn. Where I showed them my great stacking skills while enjoying my second breakfast of the day! By the end, I finally decided it was time to return the love I had been getting from everyone so spent some good time playing with Jason & Mallorie. I didn't want them to leave thinking I didn't like them!
The beginning of last week was pretty low key, but ended with a bang! We packed up the car and got in the car Thursday AM...not the 5 minute drive to school mind you, but rather a ~6 hr drive to Hartington. Yep, we hadn't been back since Christmas (which is like forever ago in my time) and it was my cousin Zach's graduation, so we made the trek! I did pretty good if I do say so myself. I love it when we pass big trucks! Boy did I have a ton of first adventures on this trip:
| mmm..maybe I DO like this Strawberry shortcake?? |
As you can see, I thoroughly enjoyed playing in the media room!
2. Friday was graduation day, so after a nice relaxing morning at the cabin we headed back to town so we could help get ready for Zach's party. This is not my first graduation party as I was around for part of his big sister, Danielle's, last year...but it was the first time I helped in setting up. I had fun with cousin Will checking out the decorations and running around before the party and I even got to go to the ceremony this time! My favorite part was seeing pictures of dad when he went to high school...that must have been like a hundred years ago. But he doesn't look a bit different, I could totally pick him out of the line up. Since all the festivities got started late, I had another late night (like 10pm!). So needless to say I had shining and not so shining moments talking to people . I got to see lots of them, that is for sure. I also got to share the news of the impending little sister to people...I did so by handing out these Mounds bars...and waiting to see just how quick my family/friends were with the 'game'. Some caught on to the "Almond Joys have nuts....Mounds don't" pretty quickly (way to go Brian/Rhonda), some needed LOTS of hints! It sure was fun hearing all those guesses and reasoning. I have some creative family!![]() |
| by the time the guest of honor, Zach showed up I was not all that interested in being held. Sorry cuz. |

Check out this video showing some of their cows!
They had just got a new batch of cows in, so we recorded them vacinnating them so they don't get the other cows sick!
Later that day after nap, I got another first. We went for a ride on grandpas boat! It was a little chilly when we went fast, but all in all it was pretty awesome! We rode to the other side of the lake and got off the boat to go up to Matt's cabin and have some dinner and time enjoying the nice weather! I was a bit on and off all day, due to my late nights, but I eventually warmed up...you know, right before it was time to head back to gma/gpa's for bath and bed!
| Add caption |
4. Sunday, Mother's Day, was primarilly spent in the car. Luckilly dad and I hooked mom up with the new iPad to help make the trip go a bit better. It may not have been the most exciting mother's day...but we spent family time together, that is good, right? Plus...when we stopped for lunch at Burger King they gave mom a free hot fudge sundae. They know how to get to her heart these days! Hope you enjoy ALL the pics and videos! Amelia OUT!
Here is another video I found of me playing with my Sit N' Spin that I got from Gpa McLain at Christmas. I have figured out how to spin pretty good, but I really enjoyshowing my brute strength and carrying it from place to place.






No comments:
Post a Comment