Give me a break, I'm just 21 months old... "water" may = "wa-wa", and "marley" may = "ya-ya", but the people who need to, know what I'm saying. So anyway, I haven't done a lot of blogging or picture taking as of late and I don't have a real good excuse other than I have been 'helping' mom and dad pack for this impending move I keep hearing about. Other than that, I have been busy trying to get as much time playing in the wa-wa as possible. Let that be at school, on my water table at home, or my favorite...at the pool. Luckilly I can talk mom and dad into going swimming at least once each weekend. I think they enjoy the refreshing waters during this summer that is already getting HOT, just as much as me.
Here is a video of me calling Ya-ya...I usually call for her, or tell her to "go", be it outside, to her room, etc. but this is the only video I have handy.
A few highlights that I can remember from last time:
- I am getting quite brave at the pool as you can see in some recent pics/videos. I enjoy walking back and forth to mom & dad. I go right to where my mouth hits the water before calling it good. I did accidentally lose my balance and go under for a bit one time, mom makes it sound like it was way longer than it was. I wasn't worried, I just held my breath and waited for dad to save me, which he totally did! I also learned that it is fun to 'jump' into his arms from the side as well as going down the fish slide all by mysef. Yes, i am getting quite brave!
- We have been trying to go out and enjoy some of our favorite restaurants in our neighborhood the past few weekends. Last Saturday was mom's favorite...Ponak's. Mmmm.... The weekend before we hit up Jack's Stack in the freight house for a celebration of the house inspection going well. I gave the baby back ribs a try on this outing, and boy oh boy am I fan. I put those chicken fingers aside for some of those scrumptious ribs. That was in between walking around and giving my best Miss America "hi" wave to anyone who was willing to look at me. Yes, I am in one of those phases.
- One day in the wa-wa was spent with my friend Maddie and her parents. I got to go over to their little neighborhood baby pool and play around. As always, I thoroughly enjoyed it....I think more than Maddie who kept wanting to go play at the park instead. She does not have the same love that I do apparently. Nonetheless we had fun. I enjoyed playing with all of her cool toys at her house before we all headed for my first trip for some Waldo Pizza. We got a pizza that had every kind of meat imaginable on it. As you can guess, I was a big fan. I even started picking the bacon pieces off of the tray. Who doesn't love bacon? Maddie was over picking pieces of fruits and vegetables while I enjoyed the good stuff. Her loss, I say. I stuffed myself per usual...love cheese! What people failed to tell me was we were going to make a pit stop at a frozen yogurt place before going home. Don't you fret....i found some room in my tummy to slide some bites of that good stuff down. As you can see, Maddie thought mine was pretty good too. I have a few pics - but her mommy took more, so you can see them here on her blog.
| Where did you get your shoes? |
I met a new friend Ava last week. I guess some old friend's of dad and mom needed some A/C help, so the family went over to help them out and enjoy some dinner out at Waldo Pizza afterward (that's right - twice in a week...this girl NEVER turns down a slice of pie!). This Ava was significantly smaller (and thus easier to handle) than my BFF Ava, as she is only 6 months old. I'm sure she is cool, but I had more fun petting her soft dog Kirby. I guess he is Marley's long lost BFF. Ahhhh..... Thinking of my bigger Ava friend...I have found out that along with this move, I have to change schools. I don't think i have grasped what all this means, because right now I am not too concerned. Perhaps it is because it is 3 weeks out, and I can't think that far in advance...because mom seems quite worried that I am going to miss my friends, teachers, and school that I'm used to.
- This past weekend, mom and I made a trip to the Blue Moose for lunch and met Steph! They talked about future babies...apparently my lil' sister will have a playmate in Steph's baby boy, but they are also hoping to move and apparently not close to us, so hopefully they like car rides! I, on the other hand, enjoyed eating some of the usual goodies...and reading. that's right Steph was so nice to bring me 2 new books. Which is so awesome, because I want to read all the time now. And get this...the 2 books were about duckies and fish...my favorite! Needless to say, this enticed me enough to climb onto her lap so she could read along with me!
- My vocabulary is becoming more robust (see what 21 month old knows robust?). Some of my favorite things to say is "I get it" and instructing people to "sit down". I also am getting a lot better of praying to Jesus every night. Speaking of...time to do just that.
Amelia OUT!
Here is a little video of me eating, I am getting better at using utensils...but still prefer my fingers!



No comments:
Post a Comment