Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Say hello to my little friend


I have found myself a great new friend since last blog.  She follows me around most everywhere these days.  Mom says her name is "shadow", I don't care what her name is...I really enjoy talking and waving to her.  To the point that it slows me down in getting from place to place because we have to 'talk', but what's a girl to do?  Speaking of going places...a few highlights since last time:


We made a trip to Nebraska Furniture Mart a couple weekends back.  I was a little thrown off at this Huge place at first...even before we made it inside, I found it a bit strange that even the people were mega sized that were all hanging out outside.    I think mom and dad were a bit confused at first, as well...but we soon realized they were holding try outs for the Biggest Loser TV show.  Ahhh...that explains it.  Mom said she felt like she fit in.  Apparently she isn't enjoying her big baby belly so much.  Anyway, I guess mom and dad want to buy some new stuff to help fill the new house and as you can see... I thoroughly enjoyed running around and 'trying out' all the couches.  We also went to look at big girl beds.  Mom and dad are still trying to decide if I get to graduate to no rails in the new house.  Truthfully, I don't really care.  I'm quite content where I'm at....but the idea of freedom isn't all that bad either. 

I found this table and chairs set and tried to convince mom and dad that it would go perfect in my new playroom, but
was told to wait a few more weeks first.

We have been so preoccupied with the upcoming move, which I'm not sure I have quite grasped what all that means, that mom and dad decided that we needed a night away from our house full of boxes to unwind.  So we spent the night at Great Wolf Lodge.  The haven for families everywhere...it basically revolves around it's water park...so needless to say I loved it.  At first I had to get use to just how loud it was and how many people there were for me to stare at, but I loved running around in the fountains, going down slides, riding along the lazy river, and even getting drenched by waterfalls!  I was also a big fan of the newfound independence I was granted....and took full advantage of staying up late.  Till like 9:30!  I stayed up for story time...which was totally interesting and then just wanted to jump and play on the beds in the hotel room.  I did eventually give in and go to sleep, but soon discovered the pack n'play is no longer for me...and went for the big girl bed.  Next to dad...he was nice enough to let me crash on his soft (ahem...rock hard) tummy. 




My fun wasn't all over after leaving Great Wolf.  You see, it was the 4th of July...so we had to do some celebrating.  Apparently the folks were too busy to go get some cool fireworks for me to check out, but I did get to go to my friend Avery's house to celebrate in the day.  She has SO many toys...so I was in heaven.  I loved driving her car all around and really got going when I went outside to her cool house, basketball hoop (I so better be getting one of those!) and bubbles.  Boy oh boy do I love bubbles!!  As always, I did most of my playing by myself...but like to get glimpses of what is up in the other kiddos world.  All the cool kids were there, Avery, Maddie, Evan, & Zach...  it was a school night, so we didn't stay long enough to enjoy the nearby firework show...but I did get to stay later than I thought...which I will admit made for a tough AM the next day.  Mom says I do get one thing from her, neither one of us like getting up in the morning.
giving baby sister a hug
 
I'm not going to lie, I'm not real sure what the next couple weeks have in store for me, but one thing I do know is we are moving.  As evident by spending every night packing things away in boxes.  Apparently, this is a good thing. All I do know is that I will continue to 'help' when I can...and try to adjust to all the new things coming ahead of me.  Given my not so timely blogs as of late, I can pretty much guarantee that my next posting will be coming from the new digs. 


Finding ways to stay entertained and/or help during packing times. 

Mom and dad always forget to put their shoes where they belong.  So sick of picking up after them!

I found these in the trash...but there were still totally crumbs in there!



Until then, enjoy all the pics and videos! 
Amelia OUT!

Told you lots of videos...  Here is some fun daddy and me time



And of course..playing with bubbles.



No comments:

Post a Comment