Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 4, 2012

When things don't go as planned



I have learned a lot lately about rolling with the punches, 1st the surprise of a new sibling coming, then we sold our house and are moving then the oh wait - no we didnt.  It helped pepare me for the fun over the past week/s.

the last pic before the drop!
I'll back up to 2 weekends ago now (yep, I'm behind in blogging again).  Memorial weekend was pretty low key for us because dad was on call.  That meant we had to stick close to home.  We did head out on Saturday to the swimming pool.  Yes, they are open!  I had a blast and played a ton in the water.  Mom, per usual, decided to grab the camera to snap a few pics.  Unfortunately, at that time I also took a spill and couldn't get up from the baby pool so she instinctively went to grab me from underwater with the camera hooked to her wrist.  Apparently a quick second emerged in water, made for an unhappy camera - and dad as he thought "here comes yet another unexpected expense."  Ooops...not quite the plan!  I am happy to report though after putting it in a bowl of rice for a few days...the camera is back up and running.  Phew...skated by on that one!


In the meantime, no pics - but dad did catch me on some videos on his phone.  One is playing with my water table that I am obsessed with.  As you can see, I found an interesting way to play in it!


Because of dad being on call, we didn't get to go to mom's favorite thing in KC.  The Memorial Day celebration at Union Station....so we did the next best thing by enjoying some BBQ on our nice deck and watching the show.  I really enjoyed all the music, as you can see in the video I even enjoyed singing along!  Hopefully next year, I'll get to see it in person.  Although, Steffen 2.0 might foil those plans.... 


Last week should have been a typical week of school/work, but a bit ahead of schedule my darn 2 year molars decided to start to come in.  These have hurt WAY more than any of the others.  Don't get me wrong, I still eat like a champ.  But they wake me up in the middle of the night.  I yell for dada to let him know, and he always comes to my rescue to let me know things will be ok.  I am pretty lucky like that.  The teeth did give me a nasty fever for a few days, and even though I told school that I felt fine they made me go home.  Which meant 'sick day' with mom the next day.  I was cool with it....i don't mind a day off school here and there - even if she did work while I played around home and with Marley. I have successfully made it through 1 of them popping through (I think), but I am told I have 3 more to go....ugh.





proof is in the....
This weekend mom had an exciting day planned for us Saturday at the Royals game.  I was pretty excited as I love watching them on TV, I knew going in person would be a blast.  We got special tickets from her work to get food and then after the game go run the bases, talk to players, and then ride the rides and games for free!  Sounds great, right?  Well I got dressed up in my super cute Royals outfit and was ready to go.  I took a bit of a snooze on the way (which made mom and dad very happy, as it was to be a long day), I woke up in the back seat of the car with dad.  I started coughing (per usual as of late...I think b/c of my teething)...but this time couldn't stop myself before my gag reflex kicked in.  Dad tried to get me out so that I wouldn't make too big of a mess, but unfortunately I puked all over my cute outfit, the car, and yes...dad's shirt.  Needless to say, he was not too happy with me.  Luckilly I had a change of clothes, so I got cleaned up and we headed into the game.  Dad was not so lucky, so our first stop was to the team gear store for dad to get a new shirt so he didn't make everyone sick around him smelling my bologna chunks.  TMI?  So, sorry!  It was an absolutely perfect day for the game, I enjoyed watching all the people...and especially the cool fountains!!  We even walked to the outfield where I found a cool water area and park to play in.  Loved it!  We were waiting to do the carousel, etc. till afterward.  Unfortunately, my 30 min nap for the day and the pain that I was in was really starting to wear on me.  Yep, mom & dad didn't know my teeth still hurt until I pointed it out to them.  Of course the prepared duo didn't have any drugs handy to ease my pain...so after the game was over, while we were waiting to get back in for our bases and time with players, we decided it was best to just leave and go home.  So I missed out on alot of the fun we had planned/expected.  Hopefully I'll get another chance in the future...this time, I wasn't ultra disappointed.  I barely remember getting in the car as I fell asleep right away.  By the time we got home and I got some Tylenol, I was like a completely new girl!

The next 'fun' event for the day was mom decided to make a Baskin-Robbins run (apparently "Steffen 2.0 demanded it"), and came back not a couple minutes later saying the car wasn't working.  Yep, our Edge decided to poop out, I guess luckily it didn't happen at the stadium, but nonetheless NOT a good thing.  An expense for a new transmission on top of the house stuff, was not our plan.  I guess all is getting better now though as we found out it is under warranty.  Dad still says that this may be his excuse to change it in for his much dreamed about mini-van. 
My friend Ava and I playing after church.  She likes to hug/tackle! 

This week we are on a mission to find a house.  Yep, ours is now officially sold and we will be moving no matter what in 5 1/2 weeks.  The question is, will it be to a new dream house or a hotel?  Mom said that we may need to remind ourselves (mainly herself) that for the $$'s we really want to spend, we may not move in our dream house, but it is the family that makes the home not the home that makes the family.  Wish us luck!

Amelia OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment