 |
I love sharing the chair with daddy. Unfortunately, mom has moved that chair to the
front room so I have to settle with the new sectional.
|
Ok, maybe I am lucky if I get to 3 when counting ....but the number 100 has come about quite often lately. Apparently I turned 100 weeks old since last blogging. Now that is cool. (I wonder how many weeks old dad is?!) I guess I am pretty much hitting the same things that most kids in my age range do. See mom and dad, "Mine" and "No" are favorite words of many in their 100's (weeks that is). Anyway...I have also been so lucky as to enjoy the number 100 (or higher) multiple times this summer when it comes to the weather. That's right...I was going to write this blog about giving a girl a break as we had 16 official days in July over 100 degrees and the rest that averaged 95, sure had a "feels like" of more! Earlier this week had been much of the same, but yesterday and today we are seeming to get a much needed break. Right in time, because I am tired of hearing mom complain all the time about carrying baby sister in this heat, Marley has been a joy these days as she rarely gets a walk because it is too hot, dad working out in the heat on hot roofs every day is a bit more irritable, and I would like to be able to get outside a bit more and actually enjoy some golf or swinging. We even went on a family walk last night. We didn't make it too far with all the new neighbors running out and being all friendly. The grandma's may enjoy stopping to talk for lengths on end to these people, but not me.....let's keep moving people!

Speaking of grandma's...I had another grandma visit this past weekend. This time grandma Janice came down to see the new house and with a bonus...her friend Cheryl! I'm getting fairly accustomed to guests, so it didn't take me TOO long to warm up and start showing them all the fun ins and outs of the house. But I got sidetracked easily...why you ask? Well....check out what grandma brought down for me. An early birthday present perhaps? I LOVE my new kitchen. It is an indoor/outdoor kitchen so along with baking some good food, making coffee, I get to grill too. As you can tell from my toys of choice at both Avery and Maddie's house...I am quite the fan of grilling. Why wouldn't I be? Dad is a griller...and I like to be like him! We grilled out some fresh sweet corn that Cheryl brought down...i kept hearing mmmm's and how great it is....but it looks weird to me, so I stuck with the plastic version from my kitchen. Mom says she is OK with that, more for her. She has had sweet corn most every night!


 |
| dancing with grandma |
Anyway, I had a great time with them. We went out to dinner, spent lots of time hanging out on the deck playing, even went out and did some shopping! Although not just for me. Grandma is going to make me some curtains for my room (I'm very excited), but this trip was for baby sister too. They were busy bees making my old curtains into new Steffen 2.0's room and playing with me. While mom and dad went and bought some furniture for the baby (like a weekly occurrence these days!). I guess that is fair that she gets to have a room all ready for her too. It is inevitable....she is coming. In 50 days, my ticker tells me. Yikes!
 |
| a wall of colored buttons...sweet! |
Other highlights since last blogging. I went to my friend Maddie's 2nd birthday party. It was at her local swimming pool AND she had pizza and a cookie/cake and LOTS of friends. Needless to say, I had a blast. Of course I was totally worn out and barely made it to the car before crashing. Dad wasn't too thrilled with that, because by the time I got home to see him I was 'refreshed' and ready to go. I guess my 2nd birthday is quickly approaching as well, in less than a month! Mom said I can have a little party too...but she is too big to go all fancy, so we are sticking close to home. Hopefully that doesn't mean my present from them is 'little' too...
 |
| swimming with the birthday girl! |
 |
| As you can see, I really liked this little inter tube, until the girl who owned it wanted it back that is! |
 |
| come check out the fun coffee! |
Ava and her parents came over for dinner one night to see the house and help dad pick up baby sister's new BIG crib. (As you can see I helped dad out with putting it together!). I had a lot of fun showing Ava all my toys and things, I MAY have got a bit jealous when she tried to play with MY toys...but I am still working on this whole sharing thing. I'm sure I'll have it down pat in a year or so. Ava informed me that I have to start keeping notes on tips how to be a good big sister, because she is going to be one too. Apparently it is the thing to be. Me, Avery, and now Ava!!
We had another check in with Linda from Parents as Teachers the other day. I was having a hard time focusing on anything but the plethora of toys, but apparently I still impressed her with my skills. Especially me knowing my colors. (At least a few of them!)
 |
| Helping dad with building the crib! |
I'm sure there is more to share, but the longer the breaks I take in between posts the more I forget! Until next time, Amelia OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment