Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer lovin'

Only 13 days since my last blog....baby steps to getting back to a more regular update schedule.  Baby steps are talked about a lot in our house lately.  It is mom's favorite saying when it comes to making progress with unpacking and getting 'settled' into the new house.  I don't know...I feel pretty settled, to tell you the truth...not sure I remember much about the old place.  Why look back when there is such a bright shiny future ahead, right?!  I had a couple of nights where I wasn't so sure about going to bed a couple weeks back, but I'm back on track.  I just make mom/dad sing me a song or 2 now and I sleep with teddy.  Yep, that's right I have taken to stuffed animals/dolls finally!  I must also say, I have become quite the singer myself.  I sing songs to and about Marley, mom, and dad... a lot.  I especially like singing in my 'choo-choo'.  Dad says that my choo-choo...is actually his car, but let's not split hairs.  All i know, is now that he switched me so I can face forward....i LOVE being in the car, and am quite sad/upset when taken out.  I can't wait till I can see mom's car too! 

Mom and dad are enjoying my increased vocabulary as of late.  Except I hear them complain about me calling everything mine...something about nothing is mine until I work and earn $.  Wow...harsh.  They also don't love my orders to them to sit down, stand up, etc. but they don't seem to mind it either. 


Doing a little carpet shopping!

I am starting to get more use to the idea of baby sister who is coming.  She is getting pretty big in mommy's tummy.  I have been enjoying help mom and dad get her room all ready... I know it's hers...but I like her bed...so I try to tell them it's mine.  It hasn't worked yet.  We'll put some pics of that here soon as it is almost done.  We also have been pulling out all these tiny clothes for her.  I guess I wore them once.  Which seems crazy, because they are TINY.  No way, I was that small.  You know my love of hats (can't walk outside without one, of course)....well I found a ton of them in baby's stuff.  As you can see...they don't quite fit by big noggin' anymore. 
 
Now that the weather is manageable to actually go outside, we finally went ack to the zoo.  So much for that annual pass, we have made it twice.  I'm not complaining though, I'll take what I can get.  Mom was a bit leary given all the walking, so we tried to take rides there when we could.  Which I was totally good with.  Their choo-choo train is awesome.  I loved it.  But do you want to hear the super bonus....we were in Australia waiting to get on the train, when who do we see... AVA and her mommy!  How awesome is that.  Mom thought it was so funny how excited we both got when we eyed each other.  What?  Aren't you suppose to dance around and point when you see your BFF?  So anyway we got to ride the choo choo together and go see animals.  We split up every once in a while (so we could ride the sky safari, etc), but we ran into each other lots.  When it was time to hurry home for nap time and more important mom's massage....we had to part ways.  Let me tell you, I was NOT happy to see her go.  I guess she was equally upset asking her mom where her Melia was for hours. 



A rare full family pic

We also made (likely) our last trip to the swimming pool for the summer.  It was nice being there when it wasn't >100 degrees....it was pretty dead.  I had a lot of fun climbing the ladder and jumping into the water with dad.  Yep, I'm getting brave!  I also finally ventured into the sand...and accepted the whole getting dirty thing.  In fact, I learned to embrace it and had quite a good time.  I wasn't ready to leave...but eventually caved in.

Sam's a looker isn't he??

Yes, still obsessed with wearing hats and sunglasses
all the time
We also had our friend Sarah and Sam over for dinner one night.  They were in town from Florida so we were lucky enough to get to hang out a bit!  As you can tell, it has been quite a while since our last visit.  He doesn't walk or talk yet, but he seemed pretty cool.  I let him play with some of my stuff.  And mom pulled out this super cool chair for him to use.  That I have now turned into my permanent chair so I can sit at the table or about anywhere i can take it.  Apparently they just had a big recall on it, something about cracked skulls....but you all know me, I'm super cautious...so we are good with it.  Dad tells me, it won't last long though.  Something about how he has to pry my chunky thighs out of it.  Especially as of late, as I have been putting back my fair share of food!

A sprinkled donut?  Now that is breakfast!!!

Perhaps I got a hold of the camera....but you wanted to see
my new shoes didn't you?

Ava and I did a little bit of playing in the car after church one day...

Until next time... Amelia OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment