Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 1, 2012

I have been missing out!



We have had a rainy filled weekend so far.  Oh how I have been missing out....I had no idea this stuff was so much fun!  Apparently lots of people (especially farmers) are very happy about now.  We have some drainage all around the yard, and with all the rain we have had today....it is filling up.  Let me tell you this wa-wa is just as much fun as playing at the pool or in the shower.  It did start getting a little cold....but totally worth it.

Ok, let me back up to the highlights since my last blog.  I am going to let pictures do most of the talking, because I'm a bit worn out and not thinking so clearly.

As you can here, I have found a new love of Nutella.  Mom and dad thought that perhaps I would enjoy it on some strawberries.  Well I showed them by dipping my pizza in it.  It was yummy!
 Here I just thought I would show you how prepared I am for my trips in the car!


 Last week we had a performance at school.  Mom and dad both came to watch me, I felt pretty special.     I will admit that I was a bit in stage shock, because I pretty much just gave them a blank stare while I was frozen in place while the kids around me sang the songs.  Now, before you think I have no show in me...do make note that it was the 3-4 years olds really doing the actions....the rest of my 2-3 year old group was about as active as me.  As you can see by the guy sitting down next to me on the step.  The reward was a cupcake when all was said and done, so I was happy...as was mom!  After the show, we went to go to a BBQ over at dad's cousin Nick and his wife Molly's house for the Chief's game.  This was the first time we have gone over there....even though they are like 5 minutes away.  They were pretty nice, and of course I was a fan of the food they had, so hopefully we'll get to see them more often.  As you are well aware of my love for BBQ's...we got to go to another one last Sunday.  Where I got to see Mason's new house.  It was huge...like pulling up to the white house.  I was in awe.  Then along with all the yummy food I noshed on, I was also in awe of ALL of Mason's toys.  Wow, it was like a toy store.  I especially enjoyed this super cool car.  I look good in it don't I?  hint, hint dad.....  All in all, it was a fun time.  I got to see lots of the usual crowd...you know, Lukas, Evan, Zach, & Maddie....they were all looking good per usual.  

 

A big highlight from last weekend was a visit from Grandpa McLain!  It had been quite a while since I had last seen him, but it didn't take me long to warm up and share high fives, hugs, etc.  As you can see, he came bearing presents.  Why you ask?  Well apparently I have a birthday coming up...I must say I rocked opening up the wrapping paper (Bring on Christmas!). He got me a really cool thing that helps me read books...so I don't always have to have mommy and daddy read now!  I also got a neat homemade (well not by grandpa) quilt....actually that may be for baby sister...but I figure I can take it for a while.

I had a good time with grandpa, he worked hard with dad creating a mantle for our fireplace and doing other things around the house.  Mom and I tried to stay out of their way...until eating times that is.  We took grandpa to Jack's Stack...our favorite neighborhood BBQ place.  We all stuffed ourselves of course!


Look mom....a lego puppy just like ya-ya!
I'm 80 legos tall apparently, and the scale
said I weighed 3,500 legos.  Mom refused
to see how many she weighed!
This long weekend has already been pretty great.  First of all, mom took off Friday to hang out with me.  We went to see her good friend who lives in NC, Katie.  They are in town for a wedding this weekend, so mom wanted to get some time to catch up.  I got to meet her for the first time along with her son Riley who was a lot of fun, her daughter Ursula - who was SO pretty, and her husband Brian - who was SO tall.  (Seriously, I wasn't even as tall as him when I sat on mom's shoulders - COOL!).  Ursula stayed back, but the rest of us went to Lego Land!  You heard me right....of course this girl was not going to say no to going to place all about legos.  And it did not disappoint.  I even rode one of the rides with Katie's dad...because they wouldn't let mom on.  Ha....I may take a while to warm up to people and a lot of places, but when it comes to rides...bring them on!  Unfortunately, we eventually had to leave....hopefully I'll get to see them all again sometime.  Maybe a trip to NC in my future?  Needless to say, I was quite exhausted and barely made it out of the parking garage before crashing.




As you can see, I kept quite busy!

After we got home, mom and I had fun making some pretzels for my birthday party.  Yep, I am having a birthday party tomorrow.  Can't wait!
And here are a few pics of me from this week.  As you can see, we have our fair share of trash these days....I like to help dad by carrying our recycling!
Marley's kennel has been brought back out for her to stay in....but I have some good fun climbing in and out of it myself!

Next blog I will update you about my birthday fun....until then, Amelia OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment