Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 15, 2012

The waiting game


Just chillin' while doing some shopping at Target
I don't have a lot to report on because we are in waiting mode.  Yep, I guess mom thinks baby sister is coming soon therefore we don't stray too far from home.  I figure I might as well get another post in before the big day.  Although I may be saying that again next week.  I'm ready to stop hearing mom complain of pains, etc. all the time, but then again am told that will be replaced by my crying little sister.  I can't say I'm looking real forward to that part as I enjoy my quiet.  But I am excited for her to come so I can shower her with kisses!  For now, I have been keeping busy where I can.


Starting with my BFF Ava's bday party last Sunday.  It was all about Elmo!  So of course I had to dress the part and find an Elmo shirt.  Admitedly, I was a bit shy at first even when Ava was giving me big hugs...but eventually I warmed up to everyone and had fun playing in her Elmo's World houses and with all her different toys and of course having some of her yummy cupcakes, cookies, and juice were a big help.  MMM....sugar. 

Since I have mentioned my indulgences of cake as of late, I will give you the latest on my 2 year stats.  Apparently the sugars (and lack of fruits/vegetables) may have got to me because I jumped a bit on the weight chart at my 2 year doctor appointment this week, as you can see here.  But the doc didn't seem too concerned...I guess I'm still totally average.  The height was a bit tricky, the new nurse wasn't real sure what she was doing so when she measured me she had me down for less than I was at 18 months.  Amateurs...the doc told me not to believe that, so we went home and measured in the comfort at our own home.  According to the theories that you grow up to be double your height at the age of 2, I will be 5'6" when I get old.  I'm good with that.  That is pretty average, taller than mom...so can't complain.  Although that may not lend well for any of my sport aspirations.  I wasn't too thrilled with the shots I had to get, but the purple sucker made up for it!
We went to the local farmers market before the game where I scored some goodies, you know pasta & bread.  Oh
yeah, mom & dad got some other things I won't eat - you know fruits/vegetables...

check out....Ava had the same football leggings
as me, I guess next time I will be sure
to coordinate outfits with her!
check out all Lukas' hair!
Speaking of sports I have watched (well kind of) a couple of Husker games since last post.  One was good, one not so good.  But both times we had some good company.  The bad UCLA game I got to hang out with Lukas and his mom Kellie.  We introduced them to Runza (mmmm...) and I tried my best to share toys with him.  I'm still learning... too bad for him, I'm bigger than him so I won most of the time.  That was the same with today's game where baby Ava and her parents came over.  We had some pizza with all our fellow Husker fans over, Ava and her mommy & daddy, the Graham's, and dad's cousin Nick!  They were all a bit better luck for us as we got a win this time around.  Go Huskers!


As we wait for our world to greatly change, I am just enjoying myself by doing lots of singing and dancing, playing with toys - including my super cool new table dad picked up from the neighbors garage sale the other day, and picking apples from our tree for mom to make some applesauce.  Admitedly I haven't tried it...but it smelled good.  I have been more than happy to try the brownies she made though! Amelia OUT!

making some dinner for Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment