
Actually the weather is a nice mild fall type...but our house is definitely ready for Christmas. The tree is decorated and it smells good, the stockings are hung, and some presents are wrapped. With Christmas comes Santa...i did a lot of prepping getting ready for my encounters with him. Yes that is plural. We went to Bass Pro where dad was working one day to do a test run when no one was around. I had a blast at the place, as they had a carousel to ride and lots of fun games, but I really didn't want anything to do with the guy with the beard. He did end up giving me a candy cane though, so I calmed down and stood by him. I figure that was good enough. Round 2 with Santa was at Sprint as in previous years. We got dressed up in our Christmas outfits and again, I was quite excited as we stood in line and waited to see him, but once I caught glimpse of that big red outfit, I was ready to leave. But no one listened to me...so i had to go through another embarrassing round of pictures with Santa. Mom says maybe 1 year I will actually sit on his lap....we will see. One thing I do know, is I made sure to tell him both times that I saw him that "I want a pink choo-choo!". I have been saying this ever since I heard he brings toys to good girls. Hopefully he doesn't hold it against me that I don't like sitting on laps.


Here is the link to the pictures they took of us there (http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/slideshow.jsp?auto=0&aid=768a5498cf3be1de7a78&idx=86)




Outside of Christmas fun, we did also go to a first birthday party last weekend for my friend Sam and boy oh boy was it a party. He has already gotten so much bigger since I saw him a few months back. His party was full of EVERYTHING I love. His cake and decorations were all duckies! We even got to take some home. But that's not it.....We ate OK Joe's for dinner, they had a cookie decorating station that was so much fun, and the piece de resistance...a PHOTO BOOTH. Since "cheese" was one of my first words, and I have a deep love for hats, glasses, etc...this place was like heaven. I was able to get a couple trips in to pose as you can see!![]() |
| checking out the bday boy |


Mom and I also had a date to the zoo, just the 2 of us. It was a lot of fun, but I was ultra disappointed when we got on the sky safari ride only to find out that the giraffes weren't out. Needless to say, I let mom hear about that for the next 30 minutes. Seriously, my favorite animal at the zoo and they were bye-bye. I also fell and skinned my knee which was a catastrophe. I was not happy, probably didn't help that I skipped my nap, but I don't think that I would have been happy no matter what! Hopefully despite that drama mom and I get more dates in the future.
![]() |
| riding the tram at the zoo |
Things have been pretty status quo for me around here, lots of eating, sleeping, and pooping. Actually I had my first blow out the other night....at 10 weeks old. Pretty impressive that it took that long! I have chosen to sleep a couple nights really good, but mom says that I am not officially 'sleeping through the night' yet, which apparently I only have a week to fix that so she isn't falling asleep at work. Maybe she won't go back if I'm not sleeping through the night. Hmm...may be worth a try! I can tell she doesn't want to leave me, she keeps talking about how happy I am. Apparently I smile and 'talk' more than Amelia did. Why shouldn't I be happy? I have a pretty great life. But as you can see, I sometimes am not so happy too. Mom says that she thinks my crying face is cute too, not cool. I try not to do it too much, because she just laughs...but most evenings, I give them at least a few minutes (if not 30!) of hearing my vocal chords!


I also got to see my friends Davis and Lukas again since last writing. Davis and I went on a nice walk with our mom's without blankets and hats because it was so nice outside! Amelia stayed home Thurs & Fri this week with mom and me because apparently the flu is going around school (they even closed down the elementary school yesterday to clean it!), and mom didn't want any of us getting sick. It was fun having her here with us all day. Yesterday we also got new windows put in, so we all went downstairs to play. Including my friend Lukas and his mommy. Mom decided she was going to get crafty so we started making some ornaments, I'll show you the finished product next blog! I am going to miss all these fun play dates when I have to start going to school soon. Amelia says that it is different, but that I'll make new friends there. Hopefully!
Until next time, Heidi OUT!
A video of me when I wake up in the AM.







No comments:
Post a Comment