Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 2, 2013

SO Over it!





I got a new tea set from grandma that I take everywhere!
So over what you say?  Snow & Sicknesses!  We have had an over abundance of both this February.  So believe me when I say, I'm ready for March!!

I know it's been awhile since my last blog, but the above 2 things have seriously kept me from blogging.  Maybe I will have better luck this month.  As my brain is still growing, don't be upset if I don't remember all the updates.  Lets get to what I can remember, VISITORS!!!  I had a bunch of visitors this last weekend, who were they you ask?  Pop Pop, Grandma, Aunt Rhonda, and cousin Siera came down for a visit.  Siera was going to look at KU for college.  I heard that she really liked it and is one of her top choices to go to school.  It is that crazy out of state tuition that might change her mind, dad told Aunt Rhonda he would adopt her if he can claim her on his taxes.  Would that make her my big sister?  I digress, we would absolutely love Siera to go to school there, that way she would be close to us for visits.  She is so much fun to hang out with! Dad is trying to negotiate a babysitting deal, by offering to pay her phone bill.  No pressure!  Lets set up the visit first.  Last week Wednesday night it started to snow and mom and dad seemed to be a little down.  I overheard them saying that the snow might keep the vistors away.  I heard him on the phone a couple of times talking to grandma and aunt Rhonda telling them he would go half on plow rental.  When I woke up Thursday morning I found out that the Blizzard of Oz had come through, there was like six inches of snow already on the ground and it kept coming down.  I think all in all we received around 12 inches of snow that day....snOMG!  So that meant snow day from school and work.  Dad scooped the driveway and took me out to play in the snow.  It lasted about 5 minutes because when I got a little snow on my hand, that was it for being outside.  He was glad he took 10 minutes getting me ready to go.  Friday was a better day and dad dug out all morning and went to work in the afternoon, leaving us home alone with mom.  Later that night while sitting on the potty I heard the doorbell ring, so I ran out to see the visitors.  We had so much fun before bed time.  Heidi was held by everybody and enjoyed every minute of it.  Saturday was a blast and we had even more fun.  The girls went shopping for a new prom dress for Siera, which I might say made her look like Cinderella, but even more beautiful.  I wasn't sure if I could put any pictures up since she hasn't had prom yet.but I am hanging it up on my wall next to the other princesses.  I on the other hand milked everyone for some Minnie mouse stuff at the Disney store!

I wasn't real sure why mom and dad seemed so excited for this visit.  Well you see, since we had a house full they decided to take advantage and have a night out to celebrate their anniversary a bit early.  Thanks to Maddie's grandpa who hooked them up with a room at the Argosy casino, they had their first night away from us girls ever (well Oma watched me when Heidi came into this world, but they say that doesn't count as a 'free night from kids').  I guess they figured with 4 adults to us 2 kids, things would be handled.  We did have a lot of fun together, and by the sounds of it mom and dad had a great time despite not coming home with big winnings as I directed
K - Amelia, let me talk too, will ya?  I had a lot of fun getting to know them again (it WAS a 1/3 of my life since I had last seen them after all).  I think they were quite impressed with my verbal prowess.  That's right, I'm a talker.  Well, Siera says that a lot of the time (especially when I'm tired) I sound like an old squeaky door.  Not sure that is a compliment.  We really did have a lot of fun together, but I started to think that they were getting a bit caucky thinking that us girls were such a breeze...so I decided to give them a run for their money later that night.  You see, it was the first time anyone but mom has laid me down for the night, they couldn't expect that I would just let them off easy, right?  Needless to say, they got some earfuls from me...and I enjoyed a lot of walking around, rocking, and hugs.  I think they forgave me.  I just flashed my toothless grin the next day and we were back on good ground.



Sunday we had some fun outside in the snow, it may have taken a bunch of prodding to get me out there...I mean come on, it is cold and yucky/wet.  But once I saw daddy and Siera building a super cool snow man, I had to get in on the action.  We made a daddy snow man relaxing and a cinderella pretty one.  They are awesome.  Grandma started a snowball fight, which i happily engaged in.  I guess this snow stuff can be fun after all. 

Look...a deer came in our back yard.  That didn't happen at the
old place!
Unfortunately, they all had to head out Monday AM to KU when we went to school.  Little did I know, I would only be going to school for a few hours.  They sent me home saying I had 'pink eye'.  I will admit, I did have a bad cold (yep...blaming you Siera!)...but pink eye?  I did have a fever and just wanted to be held...so I was OK with being booted out.  Luckilly dad is really slow at work, so he came and picked me up and took me to the doctor. She wasn't sure what was wrong, but gave dad the strong white medicine to kick its butt.  Along with some ibruprofen I started feeling better.  Just in time for SNOWmagedon Part 2.  Seriously, we had virtually no winter and now the last days of February we get something like 19".  That is up past my tummy for those wondering.  Luckily, for me I haven't been feeling well, so I haven't been thrown out in the middle of the yard for measuring purposes.  Seems like something they would do.  All of this snow, meant we had 4 "snow days" where we couldn't go to school.  Not so bad if you ask me.  Mom keeps talking about how she wishes she could just stay home with us....well thanks to SNOWtorious B.I.G she got her wish.  She said it wasn't quite the same when she was actually having to get work done at the same time.  Beggars can't be choosers lady!  Don't complain, we could just move closer to family and then you wouldn't be stuck with sick kids on snow days and working!  I'm guessing you all would back me up on that, right?!  Let's be honest, sis....we probably are not the most fun to be around these days.  What, with you giving me your awesome runny nose, etc.  Yep, right when we finally get to go back to school - I started feeling bad thanks to my germ factory of a sister.  I do alright during the day, but it has hit me hard during the nights.  In turn, I can't help but want to scream and/or be held, right?  Mom & dad have been taking turns with me (and going up to tend to sicky #1, Amelia) so they kind of seemed like walking zombies the last few days.  Believe me when I say our entire family just wants to have a sleepy sick free weekend.  
This was before the runny nose.  Check out my long eyelashes!



Yes, we will try our best to oblige.  Last night we made them very happy, with both sleeping 11 hours.  That will be our 5th anniversary present to the 'rents.  Happy Anniversary a couple days late, we are sure glad you got together!  The world is a MUCH better place because of it!  Oh and while I am giving well wishes.... Happy Birthday to Grandpa McLain....he turned, well older..today!



And speaking of birthdays...I just turned 5 months old!  Yep, I am getting big.  Mom keeps telling me to slow down so she can enjoy me being a baby, but I want to catch up to Amelia!  Here are a couple of my 5 month pictures.  I don't know that I have changed that much since last month: highlights, I still have my hair and bald spot of course.  I am rolling over more often.  I LOVE my exersaucer and hang out there and giggle a lot.  Yes, if you tickle me in the right spots I give you some good belly laughs too.  And I still totally look up to my big sister.  She is the be all end all if you ask me!  Love her so much. The feeling is mutual - don't you worry!  Enough of our love fest....Amelia & Heidi OUT!



Photo bomb!
And a few other random pics from a couple weeks ago:
Yes, I was gnawing on the bone.  Is there something wrong with that?
Seems like forever ago that we could go outside without snow, but it wasn't that long ago.  Here is a video and some pics to prove it!

Oh, geez...I almost forgot about a birthday party that me and mom went to.  Our friend Lukas turned 1 on valentines day!  He had a huge party with LOTS of kids...and CAKE.  So you know I was a fan.  They even had a room where we could decorate cookies.  It was a blast!

Speaking of eating....I have not got any cake or cookies, but I did get to try some oatmeal today.  Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment