Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Slam Dunk!


Yep, lots of basketball going on around this house!

Doc, let me get that measurement for you!
Hey, Amelia...I get to start this post as I am now a half a year old.  That is right, I hit the 6 month mark this week.  Mom is walking around all nostalgic talking about time going too fast.  But I think in the end, we are all happy that my first 6 months have been so great.  Yes, Heidi - I will agree.  I have really enjoyed having you around, hopefully that doesn't change.  Well, I will keep changing and growing so watch out Big SIS.  I went to the doctor this week where they did the normal checks.  I am most definitely growing...and faster than Amelia did.  I have 2 lbs on her when she was my age.  I weighed in at a whopping 15 lbs 7 oz, and 25 1/2 inches.  My weight, height, and head are all around the 35-40%....yay for proportions!  Doc didn't have much to say, she said I looked and sounded good.  I got the go ahead to add some more solids to my diet.  I do LOVE cereal, so am looking forward to trying new things.  In fact, mom gave me some guacamole on my 1/2 bday....I didn't hate it.  After doc left a nurse came in and stuck TWO large needles in my legs...I still do NOT like that.  But after letting them hear it for 15-20 seconds, all was good again.  It has kind of hurt the couple days after, so I haven't quite been myself.  Nothing a little Tylenol can't help with though.  I heard dad saying how happy he was that I can now have Motrin.  Apparently that is some good stuff.   What else, the nurse said that I shouldn't be swaddled anymore, but the doctor said 'do what you need to do'....I say if you guys want to sleep too, you best be swaddling me.  I guess dad is a bit worried as i have started to roll over and sleep on my stomach while my arms are in.  I am making an effort to not do that anymore so that they don't make me 'free arm' it....but I can't help that I like to move a lot in my sleep! 

Amelia always has to get in on my monthly pictures!
Here is a video of Amelia feeding me I forgot to share last time and one of me telling her whats up.



Sometimes we take baths together too!  
Just showing how hard it is to get everyone smiling at
same time!

Ok, enough about you and your growing.  Let me tell you about some fun we had last weekend.  My uncles Matt & Gayle came down with my cousins; Ryan, Jack, Jason, & Jay.  Despite all the stinky feet (ahem...Jack), it was awesome seeing them!  Really I didn't get to see them all that much because they showed up after we were in bed Thursday night.  I saw them for a little bit Fri AM, but then I had to go to school and they were off for a whole day of watching bball.  Jay was wise and decided he had enough, so he switched spots with dad and came back home for the night games to hang out with me.  He even had a tea party with me!  I let him watch some of my Mickey Mouse, I could tell he was digging it too.  Saturday, after getting everyone up and moving (and boy I thought I didn't like to wake up in the AM)...we all went out for some breakfast.  I had some chocolate chip pancakes....yummy!  Then they were off again more playing and watching basketball...but I soaked up the time with them that I could...apparently they don't jive with my toddler schedule.  Oh well, Sunday I got to spend more time with them because the games didn't start until the afternoon.  So we played in the snow.  Yep, SNOW.  AGAIN.  They were nice enough to do some shoveling, so I decided to get all bundled up and 'help'....oh, ok....i just tried to get people to build me a snowman. That was a little tough, but I did get some playing in. As it is almost April, I am thinking it was my last chance!  We ventured out and found out the roads were actually not so great...so just had quick brunch and then headed back home.  I sat at the boys table...and felt pretty darn special! Then we all went back home and played some more.  I sure have some pretty fun cousins, I'm glad they were willing to play with me and read me stories!

I'm worn out.....massage please!
ipad time with Jack
It was a GOOD book.
One day, blowing bubbles outside

And playing in the snow the next.  Ahh....Spring


That is all for now....I guess I have another BIG weekend ahead of me, so looking forward to that!  Amelia OUT!
A picture clue of my big weekend ahead.  And showing you
my OCD skills of lining things up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment